Texas A&M Game Summaries ~ 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Mar 14, 2010.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Texas A&M Game Summaries ~ 2013

[​IMG]

Date Opponent Result
    8/24 vs. #19 Louisville W 35-21
    8/31 @ #13 Virginia Tech (T2Express) W 41-20
    9/7 @ #9 Florida (Mr2Bits) W 38-28
    9/14 BYE
    9/21 vs. Arkansas W 42-17
    9/28 @ Colorado W 17-10
    10/5 vs. #22 Oklahoma State W 49-28
    10/12 @ Kansas State W 45-20
    10/19 vs. Iowa State W 33-14
    10/26 @ Texas Tech
    11/2 @ #11 Oklahoma
    11/9 vs. Baylor
    11/15 vs. #1 Texas (controllerabuser)
    11/22 BYE

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Louisville @ Texas A&M

to come....

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Texas A&M @ Virginia Tech

to come...

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Texas A&M @ Florida

to come....

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Arkansas @ Texas A&M

to come....

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Texas A&M @ Colorado

#16 Texas A&M: 17 - Colorado Buffaloes: 10

[​IMG]

Josh Reid and the Aggies remain undefeated after surviving a scare on the road...

More to come...

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M

Oklahoma State Cowboys: 28 - Texas A&M Aggies: 49

[​IMG]

Specials Teams and Defense leads Aggies to victory in shootout over the Cowboys

College Station, TX- After struggling on the road last week, the Aggies made a bold statement at home while taking on the #22 ranked Cowboys in a much anticipated shootout. With the Aggies struggling early, the Cowboys leaped out to a quick lead, but a 28-point 2nd quarter surged the Aggies back into contention beforer running away with the game for good..

The Defense and Special Teams looked to be on top of their games, contributing to 3 of the TDs (FR, Int, KR) in the game and holding the OSU offense fairly easily in the 2nd half of play..

Heisman frontrunner, Kenric McNeal proved again why he is at the top of that list, pulling in two touchdown catches as well as adding another one on special teams during a kickoff. When asked about his feelings on the being on top of the Heisman race, McNeal stated, "I don't want to let the hype get into the way of my team's race to the conference or national title. I am going to keep on doing my part to help the team with their goals, and not ball hog my way into an individual trophy"

The Aggies go on the road next week to face North Division rival, Kansas State before returning home again to play another North Rival, Iowa State..

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Texas A&M @ Kansas State

Texas A&M Aggies: 45 - Kansas State Wildcats: 20

[​IMG]

Christine Michael runs "wild" as the Aggies cruise to another victory on the road

Manhattan, KS- The Aggies picked up on where they left off last week, cruising to another big conference victory in Bill Snyder Family stadium tonight, and showing how explosive their offense can be..

Christine Michael led the attack on the ground, chewing up over 200 yards and finding the end zone twice. The offensive looked a bit sluggish until early in the 2nd quarter, when Michael found a seam and went 73 yards for the score, which opened up the can of worms the Aggies needed to pound the Wildcats. After the game, Michael was asked about the long run. "The DLine seemed to always shift to the strong side on the snap, so I told the coach that a weak side toss would catch them on their heels. I was able to make it to the outside and turn the corner before most of the players could adjust, and once I saw all green, I just stuck my head down and churned to escape the secondary pursuit."

The defense added a score in their second straight game, and look to have some control on dominating the ground game. There is still much work to be done as they still show signs of weakness on the pass, and will need to figure out an answer for conference rival the Texas Longhorns at the end of the season..

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Iowa State @ Texas A&M

Iowa State Cyclones: 14 - Texas A&M Aggies: 33

BOX SCORE
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    ISU 0 7 0 7 14
    TAMU 21 9 0 3 33

[​IMG]

Freshman DE Nicholas Jones shines as the Aggies post another victory on the year...

College Station, TX- The Aggies have remained on a roll this year, gaining momentum to close out the season with a tough schedule. The game against Iowa State was a huge step up for the young defense, who sacked the quarterback 7 times and forced 2 turnovers and a safety. Freshman Defensive End Nicholas Jones led the attack, sacking the QB 5 times, with one of those being the safety in the Second Quarter. Jones said that he almost felt invincible, as for he was in the backfield almost every play to annoy the spread offense of the Cyclones.

Kenric McNeal continues to impress with another multi-touchdown performance. McNeal found the end zone 3 times, and still proves week in and week out how valuable he is to the Aggie Offense. Christine Michael was held from getting a score this week, but still churned up over 120 yards on the ground on 26 carries which helped control the TOP for the Aggies.

[​IMG]
    Kenric McNeal pulls in his first TD catch of the game

The Aggies go on the road the next two weeks to face Texas Tech and Oklahoma, before returning home to finish out the season against the Baylor Bears and LoneStar rival the Texas Longhorns...

Game Highlights:
    [youtube]ijqnOje87NM[/youtube]

Game Stats:
    ISU TAMU
    Score 14 33
    First Downs 8 14
    Total Offense 195 294
    Rush Yards 39 158
    Pass Yards 158 136
    3rd Down 3-7 5-11
    4th Down 0-0 1-2
    Turnovers 2 0