1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Texas Longhorns Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Texas Longhorns Game Summaries

Long Horns Heisman Candidate..

[​IMG]

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

#3 Texas Crushes #16 NC 48-7

Austin, Tx - The Longhorns left little doubt in this one. Colt McCoy had 355 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. He also ran for another as the Longhorns beat #16 North Carolina 48-7. The Longhorns picked apart the North Carolina Secondary all day. Jordan Shipley had 7 catches for 61 yards. Brent Collins had 7 catches for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns to lead the recievers.

The Longhorns defense was all over the Tarheels. They had 8 sacks, 3 Interceptions, and 12 TFL's. Jones led the charge at DE with 4 sacks in the game.

Texas held Draughn to just 56 yards on 16 carries. The Longhorns put up 27 points in the second quarter alone to take a 34-7 lead at the half.

NC 0-7-0-0

Texas 7-27-14-0

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Sorry Guys. This update is gonna suck but I was so busy last night. I was lucky enough that the wife allowed me to get this game in

Texas 42

Oregon 7

Lost my shutout bid buy was lucky in this one. Colt McCoy had another 300 + yard passing game. In fact, 406 yards. He had int issues early. Oregon hung around for one quarter then fell apart. I really missed a user here. CPU did some very stupid things. I did lose my Starting CB for the seaon with a torn ACL. I will update this better with stats when I get home. One note..

The CPU tried 2 screen passes that ended both with negative 12 yards....Horrible

Legarrette Blout was injured in the 4th but is not expected to miss any action

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Poor ol' Ducks. Oregon isnt A+ or anything so im sure it wasnt much of a challenge. I didnt drop too far in the polls though, so I guess that is good news. Next season Ill come to Austin and give you a game.

5. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Longhorns Crush Texas Tech 56-21

Texas Tech 14-7-0-0

Texas Longhorns 21-14-14-7

Colt McCOY - 31-45, 521 Yards, 7 TD, 5 INT.....(3 of those picks were tipped by the Longhorns)

Cody Johnson - 15 att, 77 yds, 1 Td

Jordan Shipley - 8 rec, 194 yds, 3 td

Brandon Collins - 10 rec, 157 yds, 2 TD

Eddie Jones - 7 Tkl, 5 Sacks.

This game was out of hand from the start. McCOY STarted 8-8 in the first wth 145 yards early and 2 touchdowns. The game was no ordinary game as Texas Tech had a 100 yard rusher and scored on some sick plays including a 103 yard interception return for a TD.

The game would have been further out of reach had it not been for Texas Tech scoring 2 takeaways in there own redzone. TT Qb Taylor Potts missed three quarters with 2 different injuries. he finished 9-21 for 78 yards. Not your typical Texas Tech offense. Baron Batch finished the game with 19 carries and 110 yards rushing. He scored 2 touchdowns.

Nice game Longhorns

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Bye week this week. Sitting at home drinking a beer watching and hoping to move up the standings.