Archived Texas Names Interim Coach

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Texas Names Interim Coach

[​IMG]

Arlington, Texas- With the program in obvious shambles after an embarassing loss to OSU (42-7) and the immediate dismissal of coach MaizeGrenade, the Longhorns are trying to right their program.

Texas 2-1 on the year have a steep hill to climb to get back into the BCS picture. Here to paint that championship vision will be Chaos rookie head coach LambeauLeap (Tim).

"Tim has been named the interim head coach of Texas and his performance will be evaluated after the season." School officals stated in a press release.

Tim has come into the league humble and ready to compete with the rest of the members of Chaos. He fought hard against NDColts, Alabama, using the Kentucky Wildcats 17-13. With the Red Rivalry game on the horizon he will be tested once again as he faces LeonidasPlaya and his Oklahoma Sooners.

Good Luck and Welcome to Chaos.

Here is Tim's new member's app, just for a little peek inside the life of our newest member:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tim
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN - LambeauLeap
    Email: favreqb3mvp@netscape.net (I also have gmail, but only use it for professional purposes or with friends...but I would certainly be willing to give it to members in a league)
    AIM: LambeauLeap04
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Very flexible throughout the week. Only Sundays I would have difficulty being able to play a game.
    Favorite Teams: Green Bay Packers, Penn State football, Villanova basketball
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Forums on Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I played in OD's for NCAA 2009 for ps3. They were leagues that assembled with random people through forums, and unfortunately, like most unorganized leagues, they fizzled. However, I was very active and did not miss any cpu or user games and took recruiting very seriously.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games for about 14 years - with my first system being Sega Genesis (favorite games RBI Baseball 94 and NHL 94 through 96). I started playing Madden online for ps2 when online play was just picking up steam (can't remember the year of the madden game).

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am an extreme sim player, which is why I was attracted to this site. I have played in multi-user Madden franchises since Madden 2002 with friends who used to call about 3 plays the entire game and use Michael Vick to run around the field every play. There is no one who hates playing against cheese more than me, and I would rather lose a game than play with cheap tactics. Granted, I have become quite good in playing against players who cheese (from experience in playing ranked games with NCAA 09 and 10), so I am very intrigued to play in a league where cheap tactics are strictly enforced. I use the entire playbook, NEVER call the same play twice, stay in the pocket, etc etc. Basically, if I don't play in a realistic manner that replicates what I see on Saturdays and Sundays, I'm not having fun. Heck, I used to purposely never use the Truck-Stick because I was mad that EA implemented a feature that was NFL Blitz-esque and was unrealistic. So I look forward to playing against other players who play the game how it is supposed to be played and not abused.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

No problem whatsoever. Usually mature adults are the ones who appreciate the game of football more and I would imagine play SIM the most.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, I have read both and was extremely impressed. I almost couldn't believe there were other people in the world who play like me! No concerns because I already abide by the vast majority of the rules and everything else are simple details that will be easy to adjust to.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I graduated from Penn State University with a degree in accounting in 2008. I worked at Big 4 accounting firm up until the end of last year when I decided I wanted to pursue my dream of becoming a Marine. So I am enlisted in the Marine Corps and will be sent to recruit training next year. I live in Villanova, PA (western suburb of Philadelphia). I generally root for most Philly teams EXCEPT the eagles. I am a devout Packers fan (in case my username didn't give it away haha) as a result of my mom and her whole side of the family growing up in vicinity to Green Bay. After suffering through 4th and 26 and dealing with obnoxious eagles fans, I will root against them for the rest of my life haha.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I will certainly be as active as the rest of the league and take part in everything that is asked of me (votes, polls, etc). I am a HUGE fan of real life recruiting (especially Penn State, but also on a national scale to some degree, and I read recruiting news from rivals.com/scout.com daily) so I really enjoy the recruiting and program building aspect of NCAA. I really look forward to being in a league that has a lot of fun with recruiting.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I hope to be able to be in an online dynasty that has fair rules and advances at a consistent pace (i.e. at least twice a week) with players that do not abuse the game and look for glitches. I want to go up against players that beat me because they outsmarted me and/or had better players rather than use absurd plays from the Florida playbook on every play. It would be cool to play with guys with similar interests and passions for football.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Finish the game and then ask my opponent about it and try to understand his explanation. If he does not admit to anything, then I would inform the commissioner of the league privately and then go from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

Yes, I have checked out a few of the leagues and have been very impressed. I have noticed many of the leagues are full though. Some of the things that I would be very much interested in would be:
    - a league that all users have to start with a 1* team and build the program
    - a league that has all teams in one or two conferences to ensure the most user recruiting battles (like an ACC/SEC dynasty)
    - a league that stresses advancing every 2 days or so. Obviously life can get in the way, but it would be fun to be with a group of guys that all did their best to keep the dynasty moving at a good pace.

I would be willing to pay to be in a premier league if I could find something with openings with anything I mentioned above.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

Welcome to Chaos. I know you will be alot alot better than the previous coach at Texas. That picture above is for Maize who left after being popped in the mouth week 1. Sorry i dont have any love for someone who cant handle a loss.

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I got my laugh for today....

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Welcome, folk! So we meet again! I will have my revenge; In this Life or The Next! JK! Good Luck rest of the season!

5. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

In coach Maize's defense it wasnt just a loss..It was a good ole fashion Buckeye beat down...like the one coming to NDcolts's fighting Illini in week 5 hahahah

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Welcome aboard, hopefully this will stop the carousel of members.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Buckeye buckeye buckeye oh how things will turn for u lol

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Welcome aboard Lambeau!

Looking forward to week 5. Go Illinois? lol I usually go for the underdog, well in this case the baby deer laid out for the lion.

hahaha j/k ND, should be a good game especially with Bens QB and RB out for the season.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I really need ND to win this one, tall task but I need that to happen. Makes my walk to the Big 10 Championship a whole lot easier:cool:

10. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Thanks, I'll write up a coaches interview in a min. These Longhorn fans are pretty pissed about their last coach. I'm going to try and right the ship.

Haha thanks. Yeah don't worry, I don't mind losing.

Although I'm not planning on doing too much of it in Austin ;)

Yes, we meet again. We should try to schedule a game for next year. I wouldn't mind coming down to Tallahassee.

It would sure be a more evenly matched game than PSU vs Navy....

Thanks!

Thanks commish, I appreciate the invite.

11. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Interview with new University of Texas Head Coach

I met with Ron Burgendy for a brief interview after accepting the Texas HC position.

[​IMG]

Ron: Thanks for joining me coach.
    Me: Thanks Ron, good to be with you.
    Ron: So lets get down to business. I hear Texas girls are the hottest in the nation. Confirm or deny.
    Me: Ummm, well that could be true, but honestly I'm just trying to get acclimated with the University and build trust with my players and hit the recruiting trail and.......
    Ron: In other words, you haven't stepped one foot on that campus, have you coach.
    Me: Well of course I have, I just traveled with the team to UCLA to take on......
    Ron: CONFIRM OR DENY!
    Me: Yeah ok, dude. Calm down. Texas girls are really hot. Can we talk football now?
    Ron: I call the shots around here! And for the record, coach, I don't like your attitude one bit. If I was a betting man, which I am, I would bet you don't win another game all season. Hell, a guy who claims to have been on campus all this time without even answering the simplest of questions isn't going anywhere in life.
    Me: I thought we were going to talk about football
    Ron: We are right now
    Me: No we aren't
    Ron: Yes we are. STAMPED IT, NO ERASIES!
    Me: Are you kidding me, dude?
    Ron: Moving along...What are the challenges of taking over a team week 4 of a season?
    Me: Well, I had to make a lot of roster adjustments and get used to the type of team I have and their strengths and difficulties. I'm a West Coast offense kind of a guy and thats not the system that Texas has traditionally run, so there are some personnel decisions that need to be made.
    Ron: A “west coast offense kind if a guyâ€. HA. I guess thats why you couldn't answer my first question.
    Me: Sighhhh
    Ron: How is your recruiting efforts going so far?
    Me: Good, good. There's still a lot of interest out there for the University of Texas, and rightfully so. We had some tough decisions to make telling kids we are no longer interested in them because we don't run the type of offense or defense the previous coach did, but we also reached out to a lot of kids for the first time that were thrilled to hear from us. We got a verbal commitment on the phone from Derek Simpson, the #4 overall kicker in the country, so we're excited. We still feel we'll be able to bring in top talent to UT.
    Ron: A kicker? You get excited about recruiting a kicker??? HA! I didn't know they still used kickers in football. You are going to bring Texas down to an ecomonic and socio-geograhic catastrophe. They're going to remember you like the Romans remember Atilla the Hun.
    Me: :Yeah, ok. rolleyes:
    Ron: Now that the replacement for Mack Brown has failed, what are your expectations this year?
    Me: We always set high expectations here at Texas. We going to be a.....
    Ron: How do you get a name like Mack, anyway?
    Me: Ummm
    Ron: MACK MACK MACK!
    Me: Sighhhh, oh boy.........
    Ron: Well coach, I wish you the best, but I know you won't win another game all season, so what difference does it make, right? You're going to fail like my audition with ESPN.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ7dUlRUJIM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ7dUlRUJIM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    [/YOUTUBE]

Ron: Oh good, I can hear my colleague coming in. Wait here another minute, trust me, you don't want to miss her. I can hardly wait.

[​IMG]

Me: ughhhhhhh, come on man!. I'm outta here.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LMAO!! That was good dude

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On