Texas Rangers fan dies falling over rail

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 8, 2011.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Thoughts and prayers go out to this guy's son who was there and witnessed the whole thing. Poor guy prob just wanted to catch a baseball to give to his kid and make his day...instead loses his life in horrible accident. Sad

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

yeah man, very sad stuff

3. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Definetely a sad sight, everything about it. His kid being next to him is absolutely terrible. I live about 30 minutes from the park and it is a pretty decent park but I think all ballparks should have nettering between the wall and the field if there is a gap between. I am not saying to go crazy and put nets up everywhere in front of the fans becasue then it would take some of the "feel" away from being at the park but in cases like this here should be a net. In this situation there is the wall and then about a 5 foot gab before the wall where the field starts and stops. So, if you lean over the fan wall to catch a ball that is tossed by a player or a homerun and you fall over then it is about a 15 foot fall and then concrete. Why not put a net right there just conecting the two walls so that someone that feel over would just fall onto the net and not straight down to the concrete? I dont mean a net going up in front of the fans but just one laying flat connecting the two walls so there is no gap, it would have saved this man's life.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Watching that video makes me sick to my stomach. That poor kid just looks confused.

Fucking sad

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Have the toxocology reports been released? He went over that rail a little too easy, IMO. I'll agree with the nets comments or some other sort of fall protection.

Really sad what happened. His kid is going to have to live with those memories and that is a terrible thing.

6. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

I am not sure about the toxocolgy reports but the fan next to him said he had a small amount to drink and seemed to be fine. This was also very weird because it came exactly a year and one day after a different incident where a fan fell from the second level all the way down to the first level and the game was stopped for about 20 minutes. He was brought to the hospital and released just a few days later with only minor injuies. Another weird coincidence was that the guy from last year and this year were both fire fighters.

7. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

very coincidental Stripes, crazy