Texas Recruiting Situation

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by vBIG SLICKv, Oct 14, 2010.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Texas Recruiting Situation

As anyone ever had their roster numbers off after players leaving?

Here is the situation. I am 99.9% sure over the past season that I had a roster of 68 players with 16 seniors. So I should be able to sign 19 players...16 seniors + 2 under 70 + 1 extra = 19 scholarships. I have made reference too this in several of my posts on new recruits. Over the course of the season I signed 18 recruits and I haven't signed anyone over the last 3 weeks of recruiting because I was saving my 19th scholarship for the offseason recruiting.

Here's the situation:

Now that the seniors have graduated my roster shows that I have 53 players which would mean by the math that I graduated 17 players from a full roster of 70. If this is the case then I'm already at my max scholarships of 18. 17 seniors + 1 extra = 18 scholarships.

As anyone ever experienced anything like this and this is some glitch in the game or am I screwed out of my 19th recruit that I really really need because it is a position I need to cover????

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ive never noticed that before.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

What may have happened is a senior didn't graduate. You may have a player that didn't play in his senior season so he was automatically given a redshirt. I will give you a break this time so you can fill that need. To be fair to other players the recruit will need to be a 4-star or below.

4. vBIG SLICKv

Thanks Brave but the only recruit available at CB is the 5 star that was just added that Texas is #1 on his list. I guess I will not recruit him and leave things as they are.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll give you a break and let you go after just that one guy then. You can't recruit any other players this offseason.

I was really hoping that was the position that you didn't need, since I need that guy way more than you. With 2 CB leaving early I have a total of 2 CB on my entire roster.

6. vBIG SLICKv

Thanks Brave I really appreciate it man. Unfortunately, I need cornerbacks. I only have 4 on the roster ranging from 44 to 77 overall...

7. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Actually, you would have only graduated 15 instead of 16, which is what's causing the number to be off. If you had graduated 17, you would have had an extra scholarship.

Perhaps a senior didn't play all season and got a default redshirt or you redshirted a senior without realizing it.