Texas State OC Needs Help

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JFace907, Oct 12, 2013.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So i'm going over my roster and love that i have two quick QBs, a set of three halfway decent HBs and a FB with a little bit of speed. Then i've got decent Tight Ends, but ZERO receivers. I tried the triple option in my game against TAMU and it failed miserably. I didn't cross the 50 until the end of the 3rd quarter. The Stanford playbook is good for jumbo sets, but at the same time it wouldn't do a good job of getting my QB out on the perimeter. Is there such a thing as a playbook that plays fast but is also a lil hefty?

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

After typing this out and thinking, Urban Meyer's old Florida stuff (which may be in OSU's book, not sure) and Dan Mullen's Miss State stuff instantly come to mind. THoughts? would that work?

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Spread. If you've got speedy backs, by spreading the defense out you have more room to run.

It doesn't matter how good your receivers are in this offense. Because it's easy to run for 100+ yards per game. Just look at the Eagles, they are predominantly a running offense.

Learn your shotgun runs, problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Pay attention to your offensive line attributes as well. Are they better at running or passing? You can get into some flex formations out of the pistol and shotgun to utilize more TEs and less WR with personnel packages. Then run the ball, a lot. Use quick passes to keep the defense honest.