Texas Staying Big-12

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Bamaboiking, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Texas Staying Big-12

I know the demo is the hot topic right now, but this seemed to have slipped through the cracks. Texas Has offcial released a statement that they are gonna stay big -12 and help the conf rebuild. Good because pac-16 was dumb. This was reported byESPN

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Ohhh yea watch what BYU does next as well as TCU...mountain west your on the clock

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Need to add Arizona/Arizona St and rename itself the SouthWest Conference

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

good. maybe alll this madness will end now ..lol

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The reason they are staying is because they got a sweet tv deal, but one of the conditions is that they have to stay at 10 teams. This eliminates the Big 12 conference championship as well.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

will they try to get back to 12 and who could they get? Houston, TCU, BYU, obvious teams to look at for the future. BYU adds to the basketball as well.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

didn't know that. so will they continue to have divisions or will they play all 9 teams?

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I doubt houston and tcu will happen. I would love to see them in the big12 but it doesnt really make sense.

TCU/Houston cant even fill their stadium when they are undefeated top5 in the country. also, the big12 already has the DFW and Houston TV markets on lock. not to mention that it'd mess up recruiting for almost everyone in the conference (except texas ;))

I'd say either try and steal Arky/LSU (and I doubt LSU wants to leave) or Arizona/Arizona St. All about tapping into some new markets.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I got ya, what you think about BYU tho?

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

no idea. maybe... They seem kind of far away though. would probably cost a lot to send all the teams from Texas out there for every sport.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I heard on ESPN that the Big 12 will stay at 10 teams (as was mentioned above) and that it's likely that Utah will join the Pac-10, giving them 12 teams. If this is the case, I'd expect the MWC to fight to keep Utah. They added BSU to try to get a BCS bid, but losing Utah would put them right back where they are now.

12. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

you do know BYU was supposed to be the final big 12 member right? But Tex Legislation forced Baylor into the lkast spot or the other 3 texas schools couldnt join. BYU and TCU has ties to current members with old conferences that died