Texas Tech Air Raid

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Sep 6, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Masler and jello1717

Next season i'm switching to an all shotgun, all passing, hurry up offense using Texas Tech's offense. I'm looking and i was wondering if i could put my TE at the 4th WR slot either through Depth Chart or through Position Sub (or whatever that is). I want to be able to hurry up and switch between a 3 WR, 1 FB, 1 HB to a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 HB, to a 4 WR, 1 HB set, and if necessary WR set with my hurry up. First is this sim or not and second is this allowed? I know there was a league not affiliated with Tradition Sports that they said no because the TE is a better blocker and it helps my run but i don't play on running too much from shotgun.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never had an issue with a TE playing WR as there are tons of formations that let you RS sub a TE in at WR. WR playing @ TE, of course, is a big no no. I don't know about no huddling between a 4 wide set and a 3 wide, 1 FB, 1 HB set though. That's not something that I do as I'll huddle if I want to change personnel like that. The closest I come to that is that 1 of my 9 3 WR/1TE/1HB sets is Normal Y slot which is still a 3WR set, but the TE lines up in the slot instead of on the line, making it look like a 4 wide set (even though it isn't).

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The only reason i would is to have my TE at a FB cause those positions are so similar. I'd have to tool with it to see who goes where when i switch formations cause it can be screwy.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've seen some funky combinations where the TE (playing the 4th receiver) does not go to TE if you go to say Ace 3 WR set. Something to keep an eye for.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah like i said i'll test it before i just jump in. Don't wanna be cheesy (even though i apparently am...)

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

apparently?

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Uh oh. What did I miss?

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I just saw LSUTRUTH in the chatbox saying he was unaware UofCWildcat was running no huddle. Just pointing it out to him.

10. aarondramp

Ah ok. Do you know what happened in their game? It's not on the wire.

11. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

we have to announce we're running no huddle? I don't run an exclusively fast tempo offense but on some drives I'll run 3-4 plays in a row before huddling(assuming completed passes, etc).

12. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Pretty sure we don't allow that.
    If you're not a no-huddle I thought the rule was you can no-huddle the last 2 minutes in each half

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Occasional no-huddle is fine. I have used it occasionally and seen others use it also. The rules of allowing the defense to get set apply and running the same general formation.

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

We DC in 3rd Quarter he was up 31-28 and I was driving we are playing SAT.

Thanks Dakota

• Like Like x 1
  15. aarondramp

That's a shame. Sounds like it was a good game.

16. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

It was back and forth for sure. Exciting.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The game was awesome. Could not of playing better... Then EA literally kicked me off the server. It didn't even let me back on until about 2 hours later either. Even at my buddies =/ FUCK EA