Texas Tech Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 21, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Texas Tech Game Summaries

Texas Tech Red Raiders' Game Summaries

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. controllerabuser

Week 1

#14 Georgia @ Texas Tech

Georgia's coach had his point of view of the game in his summary, well here is mine. I was very happy to be in this game considering Georgia came into this game ranked in the top 25. Some consider them to be National Title contenders. Well, we proved as a team that we can play with anybody. We played flawless all game except for one play. Unfortunately, that one play cost us the ball game. Driving down the field looking to kick a field goal that would have put us up two, our QB was hit and the ball plopped out of his hands into the defenders.

I ran the spread perfect. I guess the other coach thought it had to do with the game more than my skill. Two late option pitches and the game wouldn't have been close in the end.

Look out for Texas Tech, we will bring the noise.

3. controllerabuser

Week 2

Amon G. Stadium

Texas Tech 38 @ #24 TCU 21

NO PLACE LIKE HOME?
    TCU fans are still feeling the pains of a 38-21 loss in Fort Worth

[​IMG]

Texas Tech came into this game hungry. They will come into every game ready to do battle. #24 TCU was in the way of our goal and we took them out pretty easily. Basically, the offense seemed unstoppable at times. The only blemish was we allowed 6 sacks. That can't happen against a better team, say #16 VT(T2Express) in 2 weeks. We will prepare next week as we have a bye. The Red Raiders are for real.

1st Quarter
    1st score comes with 2:44 left in the quarter as Steven Sheffield hits Tramain Swindell on a blown coverage for 24 yards, 7-0.

TCU comes back with an 11 play 83 yard drive that took 2:34 off the clock to tie the game at 7.

2nd Quarter
    Tech's Aaron Crawford rumbles for a 10 yard TD, 14-7.

Tech gets the ball back, goes for 5 plays 64 yards ending in a M. Williams FG, 17-7 @ the half.

3rd Quarter
    TCU forces a fumble and returns it for a TD, 17-14.

Tech scores on a 3rd & 10, 24-14.

TCU marches quickly & effectively going 70 yards on 7 plays to bring the game within a FG, 24-21.

4th Quarter
    Alexander Torres catches a 7 yard TD by diving, giving Sheffield 300 yards passing on the day, 31-21.

Key Player Stats

Passing
    Steven Sheffield 19-27 319 3TD

Rushing
    Aaron Crawford 21-105 2TD

Receiving
    Tramain Swindell 4-72 1TD
    Eric Ward 4-66
    Cornelius Douglas 3-94 1TD
    Alexander Torres 3-32 1TD

4. controllerabuser

Week 4

Lane Stadium

Texas Tech 34 @ #10 Virginia Tech 31

[​IMG]

The Tech Battle was in full affect. Texas Tech came into the game with 1 loss against a top 25 ranked Georgia Bulldogs squad while Virginia Tech was undefeated. This game went down to the wire. Va Tech had Texas Tech on the ropes but the Red Raiders found a way to win. Early on, Virginia Tech was flagged for roughing the kicker on a 4th and 3 which gave the Red Raiders a second chance at 7. They were able to capitalize on the penalty. Another big break came in the 4th quarter when Va Tech's kicker came up short on the FG hitting the bottom crossbar. Fans, alums and coaches were stunned. The players gasped and put their helmets back on tightening their chin straps. They marched onto the field with their heads down. After a couple of sacks, TT found themselves in a hole. Facing a 4th and very long, we converted on a big pass play which eventually lead to a 1 on 1 fly catch that would give us the lead for good. Remember what I said a couple weeks ago, we will bring the noise!

5. controllerabuser

Week 5

UNFRIENDLY CONFINES

#18 Oklahoma State fails to defend their home turf against Texas Tech.

[​IMG]

#24 Texas Tech 49 @ #18 Oklahoma State 35

[​IMG]
    "These guys are for real!" -Lee Corso

Tech would score the only points of the 1st Quarter on an Aaron Crawford 1 yard TD.

The 2nd Quarter would turn out to be a classic Big 12 slug fest as both offenses showcased their strengths by passing. Both teams scored 21 points. With time running down before the half, Steven Sheffield would hit Eric Ward on a slant for 22 yards and TD.

28-21 @ Half​

The second half was filled with scoring but Tech managed to get key stops.

Texas Tech is home in week 6 to take on Big 12 conference foe, Iowa State. Finally, the Red Raiders get some love after beating 2 ranked opponents back to back.

Passing
    Steven Sheffield 21-25 368 4TD

Rushing
    Aaron Crawford 23-120 3TD

Receiving
    Aaron Crawford
    Eric Ward 4-44 1TD
    Cornelius Douglas 3-103 1TD
    Alexander Torres 3-111 1TD
    Jacoby Franks 3-33

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

TEXAS TECH 34
    BAYLOR 13

Baylor honestly didn't come out to play in this one. Their offense stalled alot and most of their yards came against my second team defense. It was an easy game for my offense both running and throwing. Sheffield had a decent game and Crawford churned out another 100 yard performance.

Game Stats

Passing

Texas Tech
    Sheffield: 22/30 278yds 1TD 0 INT
    Baylor
    Florence: 21/35 331yds 1 TD 1 INT

Rushing

Texas Tech
    Crawford: 26/132yds 3TD Long of 32
    Baylor
    Salubi: 13/35yds 0TD Long of 9

Recieving

Texas Tech
    Swindell: 6 catches 60yds 0TD
    Baylor
    Wright: 5 catches 91yds 0TD

Players of the Game:

Texas Tech: A.Crawford- 26car, 132yds, 3TD
    Baylor: J.Hand- 10tkls(3TFL), 2 sacks

I apologize for writing such a boring summary but I just wrote a glamorous one and deleted it by accident so I'm still PO'd about that, lol. Will never be this boring again but then again this game was kind of too, lol.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Texas shocks Texas Tech. Game Summary soon. Busy at the moment

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Texas 41 Texas Tech 27 (sim loss)

The Texas Longhorns dashed any hopes the Red Raiders' had of reaching a January bowl by thrashing them 41-27. The Longhorns' dominated TT in the trenches as they rushed for over 200 yards. TT's QB. S. Sheffield did his best to keep his team in the game as he passed for over 400 yards but in the end the talent level of Texas prevailed. Tech has another tough game next week as Oklahoma comes into town.