Texas Tech Pressers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Texas Tech Pressers

[​IMG]

Coach tough loss against Texas, what happened?

The offense only mustered 7 points what was this due too?

You are down early in the South what has to happen for you to get back in the hunt?

How's recruiting going?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Coach tough loss against Texas, what happened? Defensively we played the perfect game. The one TD pass was perfect coverage and a lucky catch. Our offense is a whole different story. Not being able to run the ball is killing my pro offense. I dont want to change but i may have to this season

The offense only mustered 7 points what was this due too?
    Not being able to run the ball. Seemed like everytime we tried to pass the ball he was being hit or sacked. We have to be able to run

You are down early in the South what has to happen for you to get back in the hunt?
    Luck has to happen. Our running game is horrible and it needs to produce

How's recruiting going?

Have a 4* wr committ really trying to grab some hbs because i want to run the ball. Other than that not to well but its early

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach in the preseason you said you were going to go with a balanced attack, however Potts has had to throw a lot. What will it take for your team to get to the balance you desire?

Grade and comment on your defense to this point.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Although you look out of the CCG race, your team should finish with a winning record and have clinched a bowl bid, your thoughts on the season thus far?

Taylor Potts is lighting it up, what kind of QB's are you recruiting for the future for TT?

What do you have to do to revamp the defense in order to compete for a Big 12 and National Title?

5. NDCOLTS1979

Although you look out of the CCG race, your team should finish with a winning record and have clinched a bowl bid, your thoughts on the season thus far?

My thoughts are this season has been all my fault. I came in here thinking i could just change the offense around. I really should of got my guys in here before changing the offense. I am proud we went into a hostile Aggies land and came out with a victory which was a huge confidence booster as we came out and Handled Mizzu as they never once had the lead.

Taylor Potts is lighting it up, what kind of QB's are you recruiting for the future for TT?

Potts is lighting it up which goes against my every desire. Winning is more important than trying to turn a team into something they aren't. So Potts will continue to throw. As far as recruting a qb i havent recruited one this year at all. I am going after the HB and the Oline that i can take and be the team i want to be. I hate throwing it alot and want to build a running game. So qb really isnt on my radar

What do you have to do to revamp the defense in order to compete for a Big 12 and National Title?

I think we really just need to be more intelligent. Most of the TDS given up in the air were poor coverage in our man defense. Zone leaves to many holes so i went man this year and other than giving up huge plays due to poor coverage and some poor tackling we have started to hit our stride. So if we can just learn to cover we should be right there for both titles

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach Rumor has it you will be named Big 12 Coach of the year how do you feel about that accolade?

You really turned it around this season, any word on what bowl TTU will be attending?

Who do you feel are your offensive and defensive leaders for next season?

7. NDCOLTS1979

Coach Rumor has it you will be named Big 12 Coach of the year how do you feel about that accolade?
    I don't believe i deserve any of the credit for what my team has accomplished. I gave my players an objective, plan and the motivation but it was them that went out and did the job and got the wins for us.

You really turned it around this season, any word on what bowl TTU will be attending?

Rumor has it i will be facing Washington in the Alamo bowl. We will go where ever we are asked and beat who we are asked to beat.

Who do you feel are your offensive and defensive leaders for next season?

On offense i am going to have to say our leader Alexander Torres at wideout. He had an amazing Sophmore year and hope he can continue that next season. On the defensive side i am looking at Riley Harvey our OLB to step up and take charge of this defense. Next season will be his Senior year so i will be giving him the Captain spot

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you had a hell of a season double digit wins after a season of transition from the Leak era, looking back what have you learned about your team?

How hard will Texas Tech be hit by graduation?

What do you have and must get in regards to recruiting for the '11 class?

Off season goals for your team?

9. NDCOLTS1979

Coach you had a hell of a season double digit wins after a season of transition from the Leak era, looking back what have you learned about your team?
    Yeah it was a pretty good year for us. I learned alot from these guys they transitioned pretty well to the new offense. Struggled at first but i only know one way to play offense and thats pro. I love the ground game more cherry pie

How hard will Texas Tech be hit by graduation?
    Well to say its going to be ugly is an understatement. We lose Potts and our #1 backup. So we are going to really need our backs to step up and bring the running game to another level

What do you have and must get in regards to recruiting for the '11 class?
    its about ugly is all i can say. We were turned down alot this year and really need to get a back and qb to sign to keep succeeding here

Off season goals for your team?
    to get some recruits in and learn the pro system alot better for next year