Texas vs UCLA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Texas vs UCLA

So rec, you think the Bruins have a chance against UT this weekend?

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My heart says yes...but my head says no. They have always played Texas tough but im not sure this team is ready for a road game like they are about to get. Im hoping they keep it close and who knows. If they come out like they did against Stanford, they are toast. If they come out like they did against Houston, they may be able to at least make a good game of it.

3. MexiRican35

Ya i didnt get to see the Houston game, but apparently yall whopped them pretty good. Of course they were down to their thrid string QB haha. Yall have a pair of good corners, so that should test Gilbert. And we also have a tendency to come out flat at the beginning of games. Hopefully we can get this running game going that Mack Brown keeps talking about.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well if Texas cant run against UCLA's defense, then they cant run against anybody!

5. MexiRican35

Haha well we havnt been able to run against Rice, Wyoming, or Techs new 3-4. At least consistently.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Recc........are you blown away? Thoughts?

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That was a great game for us. Texas looked bad! I dont know if our defense just played lights out or Texas is just really struggling on offense. I do know that the Bruins need to mix it up come Pac10 play and find some sort of passing game. But the run game the last 2 weekends has been exceptional with the pistol. Im pretty excited at being 2-2. After the Stanford game, I was convinced we would go into the Washington State game 0-4. So yeah, im a happy camper right now!

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Congrats Rec. Thats a hell of a win for UCLA. Every aspect of that win is incredible for both team's situations. The Pac-10's stock rose big time today.

9. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

That game was awesome! UT has been struggling offensively especially last week. I am biased, but I think UCLA's offense has just become more comfortable with the pistol. The first two games looked like we were in preseason mode. Now the past two games we look more like a consistent team. We still have a lot of hills to climb throughout the season.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Rec wasn't that you that said UCLA would never win a game with that offense??? Um, Yes, you did! After the K-State game. Haha.

Now. Washington State ran the pistol for the first time ever this week against USC, and played fairly well on offense, especially in the first half. Well, that is when Tuel wasn't forcing things and throwing ints. I'm not so confident now that UCLA is rolling a little bit, but I actually like our chances to make a game out of this, because Jeff Tuel is throwing the ball pretty well and I don't think UCLA has nearly the db's that USC has.

However, we had better work on the tackling dummy all week because I have never, ever seen so many missed tackles in one game as I did in the USC game. It was like watching NCAA Football 10. And Mr Franklin was looking mighty tough to tackle! And I hope Ayers doesn't go off for 30 tackles and 3 forced fumbles and 4 sacks against us. :) I only say that because the lb JG Davis dominated all aspects of the game against our young o-line.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I still hate that offense Jay, but it work on Saturday!

12. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

I can't stand the pistol either. It is not easy to watch and very frustrating at times. At least it is working for us right now. We need to ride it out until it completely fails.

13. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I really enjoy watching the pistol at Nevada. Its a fun offense to watch with a mobile quarterback. Not so much with a slow QB though

14. MexiRican35

UCLA just came out and played lights out no doubt. Wasnt able to catch the game cause I was working, but we just came out flat I think. Too many mental mistakes and the defense was out on the field way to long. I wasnt expecting an undefeated season this year, and we are higly overranked at 4 or 7 or whatever we were, but its still an amazing upset by UCLAs part. Hell, maybe it will shake things up and we play with more fire against OU. I can be content with losing to UCLA, still hurts, but I HATE losing to OU.