TF: Coast2Coast Rules and Description

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

C2C will be taking on a new-look for NCAA '12. Instead of the usual 6 Conference setup, we will be taking full advantage of the Coaching Carousel feature and starting off our careers as either an Offensive/Defensive coordinator at a 1* or 2* school in one of three non-AQ Conferences. We will play out our first contracts, and then go wherever the carousel takes us. You can of course choose to stay at your starting school, assuming you get the offer, and build them into a BCS power. No matter where you go though, be prepared to face multiple user games each season. This OD will be more about the coaches' individual careers rather than the schools.

Forum Participation
    C2C is no longer a premier dynasty, but forum participation is still mandatory. At a minimum, each member will be expected to participate in league discussions. Game summaries on CPU games may be limited to the basics (score, significant statistics), but the winner of each user vs user matchup will be expected to post a more thorough game recap, including trends noted during the game and key moments that impacted the final result.

We will have C2C MVP voting, C2C Coach of the Year Voting, and Power Rankings each season. These along with the traditional Scores and Recruiting threads will give you plenty of chances to participate on the forums.

Lack of participation on the forum will not be allowed, and will result in removal from the dynasty if it becomes an ongoing problem.

Difficulty Settings & Sliders
    Game Difficulty – All American
    Sliders – The dynasty will start using default All American sliders. Minor adjustments will only be made at the end of every season, based upon member input and stats for the past season. While member input will factor into the decision on sliders, as commissioner I will have final say on the slider settings for each year and will make the adjustments that I feel are in the best interests of the dynasty as a whole.

Advance Schedule
    The dynasty will advance as quickly as reasonably possible. Each member is expected to make their games in this dynasty one of their top video-game priorities. Of course we all have lives and other things that take precedence over video games, but try to make yourself available for user games.​

Coaches will generally be expected to play CPU games within 48 hours of the weekly advance, and the expectation will be that user vs. user matchups will be scheduled within a 72 hour window. It is incumbent on each user to contact me regarding any scheduling issues as soon as possible, and it is my expectation that user vs. user matchups can and should be scheduled prior to the weeks advance (the user vs. user game schedules will be posted at the beginning of each season). If all games for a given week have been played, I will generally not wait for an individual to perform their recruiting prior to the week’s advance (although I will attempt to contact the individual to confirm the recruiting is done and allow a reasonable amount of time to perform recruiting).

Extensions of time will not be permitted generally for CPU games, and will be granted in some instances for extenuating circumstance for user vs. user matchups. I will have final say regarding user games that cannot be scheduled, in order to determine if one user will play the CPU or if the game will be simmed, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

If a user will be out of town or unavailable for more than 2-3 days, I request that you post this in the ‘Vacation/Absence’ thread in the forum as soon as possible. Substitutes or stand-in’s are allowed to assist you with playing CPU games and recruiting while you are away, however the user will be on AP for any user vs. user matchups during the absence. Generally, I will not hold up the advance schedule due to absence issues.

Offseasons will generally be scheduled for one evening as soon as reasonably possible following the conclusion of the season. Usually Sunday evenings work best, but if that isnt an option we will do it as soon as we can get a majority of members online all at once.

Depth Chart/Redshirting Players
    Coaches should be realistic in the setting of their depth chart and/or in redshirting players. In real life, highly ranked/recruited freshmen often play in the first season on campus, and similarly they should do so in our league. If you have an incoming freshman who would crack the 2-deep roster on your team based on OVR rating, they should be included in your depth chart and not redshirted.

Additionally, your depth chart should generally follow your players OVR ratings. Your top WR should not be starting in the slot positions, your best HB should not be on the bench because you have a HB rated 10 points lower who is faster, etc. Use common sense and any questions should be discussed with me.

Recruiting Restrictions
    Since we are starting at the bottom and working our way up, C2C will have no recruiting restrictions until at least 6 coaches have moved into BCS conferences. Once we have most of our dynasty in BCS conferences we will determine whether or not restrictions are needed.

Players Leaving
    Players rated 95+ OVR may not be swayed into staying. Players rated 89+ OVR who have also won an offseason award during their career (such as the Heisman) may not be swayed into staying. Punters and Kickers are exempt from this rule.

Position Changes
    The following rules apply for changing a players position in the offseason OR placing a player at a different position during the season (including through the use of formation subs). Specific formations such as the 2-4-5 which place OLB’s at DE are still acceptable even if the player (such as an OLB) would not meet the pre-requisites to play in those positions. Additionally, recruits that come in at a specific position may stay at that position even if they do not meet the below criteria.

QB – THP must be 70 or above (this applies to playing QB in non-wildcat based packages).
    HB – No restrictions.
    FB – Player must be under 6’4”, weigh at least 215lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    WR – No restrictions.
    TE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 215lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    OL – No restrictions.
    DE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 82 or lower.
    DT – Player must weigh at least 265 lbs and have a speed of 75 or lower.
    OLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    MLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 84 or lower.
    CB/S – No restrictions.
    K/P – No restrictions.

Gameplay Rules – General
    Use of headsets – I know some may not like being on the headset while playing, but I strongly recommend being on the microphone for user vs. user games. Being able to talk through issues in real time during the game is much more efficient than trying to type out questions/answers, and a bit of friendly trash talk is a great way to build up camaraderie with your dynasty mates. The easiest way to avoid game play arguments is to have a relationship with the guy on the other controller beyond posting on the forum.

Resolution of Issues – I would hope that everyone is mature enough to resolve any gameplay issues between each other during the game, but if that isn’t possible, all gameplay issues should be brought up to me via pm. Please include specifics about what the problem is, as well as video’s/highlights if possible. Arguing on the board about gameplay issues won’t be allowed.

Sportsmanship – Running up the score in CPU games or on your opponent in user vs. user games will not be tolerated, nor will general douchebaggery on the forums towards the other participants in the dynasty. If you are up 4 TD’s in the 2nd half of a game, take your foot off the gas a bit and run some clock. I really don’t have the time or patience for drama, so let’s not have any issues.

Playbooks – Everyone will set their offensive and defensive playbooks by their 2nd user vs. user matchup. Once chosen, they can’t be changed until the following season.

Custom Playbooks – The use of custom playbooks will be allowed, so long as the formations/plays selected are in-line with a realistic game plan.

Play Calling – Each person should be mixing up their offensive and defensive formations and plays throughout the game. This doesn’t mean if you prefer man defense or want to structure your offense around the power-O running plays, you can’t do so. Just don’t run man cover 2 zone every play, and don’t run the same power-O play from the same formation 3-4 times in a row. Explore the playbook you’ve chosen and just be a bit diverse.

Scores & Statistics vs. the CPU – There will be a hard scoring cap of 60 points in games vs. the CPU, going above this amount will result in your game result being tossed out and the game being simulated. The one exception to this is if you are involved in a shootout vs. the CPU you may exceed 60 points only if the final score is no more than a 2 score margin (10-14 points).

Additionally, running up statistics in CPU games won’t be tolerated. If you are winning by 28+ points in the 2nd half of a game, your starters should be on the bench. If your starters are scoring points in the 2nd half of a blowout we will have to have a little chat.​

Game Plan Adjustments – Game play features such as aggressive/conservative settings and run/pass commit will be allowed, so long as they are used in game situations that would be realistic. In other words, leaving aggressive ‘jump the snap’ on all game is not OK, but turning it on for your opponents 2 minute drill when you know they are passing on every play would be allowed. The only exception is the conservative features on offense, which may be used at any time at the discretion of the coach.

Gameplay Rules – Offense
    Going on 4th down – Coaches should kick on 4th down in accordance with realistic gameplay; however there are certain circumstances where going for it on 4th down is allowable, see below:

• If you are behind 3 or more TD’s in the 3rd quarter or 2 or more TD’s in the 4th quarter, going for it on 4th down is allowed at any time.
    • If you are losing with less than 3 minutes to play in the game, going for it on 4th down is allowed at any time.
    • If you have 4th and less than a yard from inside the 50 yard line, going for it on 4th down is allowed at any point in the game.
    • If you have a kicker with low kick power, you may go for it on 4th down from the 40 yard line in at any point in the game. Issues such as this should be communicated to your opponents in advance of the game so that they are aware.
    Discuss any 4th down attempts you feel are questionable with your opponent via chat during the game to avoid disagreements.

Motion – Motioning backs and receivers is allowed, however if your opponent calls an audible during the motion you should wait a reasonable amount of time (a second or two) to allow the defense to reset prior to snapping the ball. Auto-motion plays are always allowed.

No-Huddle Offenses – These will be allowed if used in a sim fashion. This means that after plays that are for no gain or lost yards, the team should huddle. Additionally, the team should huddle after any incomplete passes. The offense must also allow the defense adequate time to call a play prior to snapping the next play.

Play Clocks – Players should attempt to select and call their plays in a reasonable amount of time. Players should not be ‘chewing clock’ or intentionally running down the play clock except in late game situations (last 2-3 minutes of each half). If a game is a blowout and both parties agree, the ‘chew clock’ feature may be implemented earlier in the game.

Play Action Passes – These plays should not be used in 3rd and long situations (7+ yards).

QB Dropbacks –Purposefully dropping too far back in the pocket to avoid pressure during regular passing plays is not allowed. Defensive AI doesn't take into account how far back in the pocket the QB is, allowing for wide open out routes and passes into the flats. This includes hitting a WR on said routes on screen plays.

A normal QB dropback would be considered to be no more than 7-10 yards at most from the initial line of scrimmage, in the case of an under center passing play. From the shotgun, dropbacks should be limited to 2-3 additional yards from the line of scrimmage, since the concept of the shotgun is that it is intended to remove the need for the QB to dropback on shorter routes and at most would only require 1-2 steps back for deeper routes to develop.

QB Scrambling –Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Two QB Offenses – Do not go crazy with this. If you bring in another QB off the bench, he should play for the greater half of that series. I dont want to see the QBs flip-flopping every other play.​

Wildcat Personnel Groupings – This should operate similar to the QB rotation. For playbooks that are designed to use a wildcat personnel grouping, offensive playcalling should realistically reflect this change. If the wildcat package does not include a QB, the wildcat personnel should stay on the field for a few plays and not switched in and out for individual plays here and there. If the QB remains on the field for the wildcat package this rule does not apply.

Options – Late pitches are not acceptable, if you succeed in a late pitch (even on accident) you should immediately run out of bounds for a loss or no gain. To clarify, a late pitch is one where your QB pitches the ball AFTER he has been hit by an opposing defender. A good pitch is where the pitch is made prior to contact with the QB. Violation of this rule will not be permitted, and any issues should be discussed with me.

Gameplay Rules – Defense
    Matching Formations – Generally, the defense should be matching up personnel against the offensive package on the field. This means that while occasionally running your base defense against an opponent’s shotgun 4 wide packages is allowable, you should not be running a nickel/dime defense against a 2 TE set in a running situation.

Moving Players Before The Snap – On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you manually move an individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment. Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling. Moving a defensive lineman off the line of scrimmage or more than one 'step' outside the OT is prohibited.

Blitzing – While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when calling blitzes. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (ie. spreading your defensive line then shifting your LB's to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up playcalling.

4-2-5/3-3-5 defenses – These defenses are allowed for use as a base defensive set.

1-5-5 defense – This personnel grouping may be used as a nickel/dime set in the appropriate circumstances.

Defensive Line Play – Coaches controlling defensive lineman must first engage an offensive lineman on any pass rush or running play. Use of the 'loop' technique is not permitted in any TF leagues (for those who are unaware, the 'Loop' refers to user controlling the DL and attempting to run yards around the OL, possibly with turbo involved). In general, when controlling a defensive lineman, you should always engage an opposing lineman and use rush moves to get clear. Additionally, use of the DE contain feature in the formation audible should be done in realistic fashion - in long yardage vs. a QB that is a definite running threat. Using the DE contain feature vs. a team that never runs their QB or using it in first and 10 situations or in conjunction with pinching the DL is not permitted.
    Gameplay Rules – Special Teams
    Fake Punts and FG’s – Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    This material was "Borrowed" from Dru50's After Midnight Rules

Please read and sign this thread below ( Just post "Read and signed"). Any issues with the rule set will be discussed in the ''C2C 12'' thread.​

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

agreed and signed.

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Read and signed

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Signed. Let's roll.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

OLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    MLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 84 or lower.
    MaxATX34
    I think this is a little high. 210 sounds about right for a good college backer. I like bringing in SS and FS about 6'3-6'5 210-220 that have reasonable speed to convert to LB as coverage backers at OLB. I like heafty guys for MLB. I like to run the 3-4. Can we vote on this? Everything else seems kosher. Oh did you paste this? cause you said your an OLD MAN and if you are an OLD MAN that makes Parrot grandpa!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. I was just reading the rules and got to that part and thought to myself, WTF? Isn't Max like 24 or something? Haha.

Anyway, read and signed.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

lol yea I copy/pasted this from Dru50's After Midnight league rules. Missed that one ;)

and Im 25

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

that sounds fair enough. I changed the weights around from what was originally on there and had thought about lowering it to 210 when I was posting it. I think the speed requirement for the LBs is the important thing when trying to keep it realistic. I just dont want a bunch of 95 speed converted safeties/ATH playing LB.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Andrew Ruiz

Please read and sign. Release day is coming up soon and I want to make sure we are all on the same page. Respond ASAP and know that there are plenty of new members who would love a spot here for '12.

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Andrew Ruiz = last seen June 20 (according to his profile page)...

12. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

sounds good. signed.

13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Signed. Although, I got a question with the defensive line contain feature. thats not really a cheat if you set your line to protect against a QB that might run. How in the world can you possibly know if someone is going to run. If coverage is good deep and you got 3 or 4 de lineman being blocked by 5 o lineman, then even brady is gonna run. A guy could sit in the pocket all game and watch your lack of contain, then in the 4th when it matters he scrambles, all because you you refused to believe that he would dare scramble.

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think his point is to just be realistic with it. If they line up in I-form and other power formations than most teams would not run contain as it would open up the run too much, however with Shotgun 4WR/5WR sets it would be more acceptable. However if you are playing a 50 speed QB I don't see why you would even bother, your D-line could catch him before he got anywhere

15. sreese

sreese Walk On

agreed

16. jnewcomer5

jnewcomer5 Walk On