TFC: 2013 Whiparound

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by KnightNoles, Jun 30, 2014.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

upload_2014-6-30_1-9-48.png

Catch up on the 2013 season happenings or come and recap the games yourself.

2. KnightNoles

Week 1

upload_2014-6-30_1-16-8.png
    upload_2014-6-30_1-15-42.png

upload_2014-6-30_1-17-10.png
    upload_2014-6-30_1-17-32.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

WEEK 2

[​IMG]
    upload_2014-7-1_9-5-50.png

[​IMG]
    upload_2014-7-1_9-6-21.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Very fun game between myself and BPHusker . Back and forth all game . Seemed like every play and every drive was hard fought and yards and points had to be earned. He did a great job of fighting back in the 4th and we wound up going to over time. He scored first. I responded with a score of my own and decided to go for two and the win. Goalline off tackle to the right. The hole was there but my back just didn't have the burst to get through it before his defender met him in it . He tried to fall forward but not enough momentum

A very fun , tense game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

(AP) Champaign - The #11 Stanford Cardinals rebounded from their opening game loss to win on the road 30-20 over Illinois. The star of the game was SR-QB Kevin Hogan who was 21-33, 262 yds 1 TD and importantly no turnovers. This was a far cry from the 5 turnovers Hogan was responsible for the week before. The Cardinal defense made similar improvement as it held the Fighting Illini to 61 yards rushing and forced 3 turnovers. Illinois was led by Wes Lunt who riddled the Cardinal defense for 299 yards through the air. Next week the Cardinals (1-1) travel to Washington to open conference play.

GG qclassic 22 it was anyone's game for 3 1/2 qtrs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnightNoles

7. KnightNoles

8. KnightNoles

9. RWiacyknye

RWiacyknye Walk On

The University of Oregon Ducks ( hornfaninbama ) speed and talent was very much on display vs my Golden Bears. It took us a whole quarter and then some to feel comfortable. My running game was taken away, turnovers (two) and their offense was doing what ever they wanted. It was 28-7 (Ducks) at one point. In total we turned the football over three times (only forced one turnover) and gave up a returned kickoff for six:(

I am very pleased to say that once we settled down. We actually out scored them (21-14) the rest of the way. I did not go away from what we are and that is running the football. After what was close to negative rushing yards (as a team) through a quarter and a half. We ended up with a total of 189.

Even though we lost this game, I feel the team showed and gained a lot from it. We could have just gave up after being down by three scores in the second. That was not the case and a lot of positives came from the offensive side. I hope we are able to continue that momentum and use it to help us achieve our goal of becoming bowl eligible.

Good game! hornfaninbama

• Like Like x 3
  10. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

(AP) Palo Alto – In front of a home capacity crowd the #6 Stanford Cardinals routed the visiting Utah Utes 66-13. The Cardinals dominated both sides of the ball and amazingly went the entire game without having to punt. The Cardinals amassed 691 yds total offense with 280+ on the ground and 400+ through the air. The Cardinals player of the game was WR Tye Montgomery with 131 yds receiving (TD) and another TD on a 64 yard punt return for a TD. The Cardinals were led on the ground by 3rd string running back Kenny Seale, 6-131 (TD), including a 79 yd jaunt late in the 4th. The Cardinals stay home next week for a big conference match-up with UCLA.

11. KnightNoles

I will catch this up soon, I've got to also do my team thread.

Escape out of Piscataway last night in the final 0:30 of the ballgame, scored and then had to make a tackle inside the 15 as time ran out to win by 4.

12. KnightNoles

13. KnightNoles

14. KnightNoles

15. KnightNoles

16. KnightNoles

17. KnightNoles

18. Bucs

Holy shit... This game left my jaw on the floor. My god.

UCLA gets a Walkoff Touchdown on a prayer to defeat Arizona State 73-70 at the very end of regulation. No such thing as defense in this game as the teams offenses battled back and forth all day. I only remember 1 punt off the top of my head. A true shoot out if there ever was one as the teams racked up 20 touchdowns IN ONE GAME. You know the saying whichever team has the ball last will win. It was true for this one. UCLA scored with 1:15 left to take the lead, Arizona State returned strong and scored with 6 seconds left on 4th and goal from the 3 and looked like they had the victory in hand. UCLA came back out found a man deep to get to about the 50 yard line with no timeouts 2 seconds on the clock , they ran back to the line in no huddle. No time to select a different play , had to roll with the same one and toss it deep and hope for the best. Snapped the ball, looked left and just threw it up, Two Arizona State defenders around the receiver but the ASU DB blows the play and takes himself out of it instead of jumping up and my guy catches it and gets the touchdown to secure the victory as time expires. The Highlight is on the dynasty wire .

Man Walter323 that's a tough way to lose a game we both fought hard for. I thought you had it . When you let me score before you got the ball back that last time I didn't realize what you were doing until I threw the ball lol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Walter323

Walter323 Walk On

My wife is sitting here laughing at me for my emotions. Then I explained what just happened. She immediately got up and grabbed me two beers. Good woman.
    Very fun and exciting game though! I really need to learn how to play any type of D.
    LoOKs like the sun devils go into the final game needing a win to have a shot at a bottom tier bowl, hopefully the HC doesn't get the boot. DC better start looking for jobs though

• Like Like x 4
  20. Bucs

We've all been there I think... I've gone through two controllers playing I Peench .

• Like Like x 1
  21. RWiacyknye

RWiacyknye Walk On

Bucs Walter323 Wow!!! I had to give the final score a double check and WTF! I was trying to figure out how this all happened before this breakdown. I originally thought ASU tried to squib kick it and you got a really good return off of it. Plus, UCLA had a double whammy of touchdowns to end a half. They also scored with zero seconds in the 2nd quarter. I wish you would have brought this defense to our game:) lol

22. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I still remember a UNC/Miami match up where you were literally crossing the goal line for a game winning TD with 20 seconds left when I forced a fumble with Bruce Carter.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Stanford takes care of business at home with a 55-17 victory over Notre Dame. They are currently #4 in the BCS and need: Alabama to beat Georgia in the SEC Championship and for Army to lose 1 of their 2 final games, plus beat USC or UCLA in the PAC-12 in the Conference Championship to make to the BCS Championship.

24. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Freaking Army stays undefeated....Okay!

25. KnightNoles

I have a little bit of catching up to do