TFC Fight Night 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, May 27, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC Fight Night 1

Post all results here for TFC Fight Night 1

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

Fight starts off with Florian trying to score some head kicks and utilizing his reach advantage. Sherk closes the gap and connects on a couple hooks and body punches. As Sherk continued his aggressiveness Florian counters with a takedown. Florian connects on a couple punches and attempts to get into half guard. Sherk blocks then reverses Florian's next transition attempt. Florian was able to keep Sherk from doing much damage besides some punches to his eye which opened up a cut. Referee Mario Yamasaki stands the fight back up. Both fighters are tentative as they don't want to get caught with any big shots. Sherk and Florian then trade blows. Florian goes for another takedown but this time Sherk is ready and they get into a sprawl. Sherk then scores the powerbomb into side control. Florian escapes into half guard but Sherk quickly transitions into full mount. Sherk then pounds away at Florian's face with hammerfists and roundhouse punches. He connects on one final hammerfist and the fight is OVER!!!

Winner by Ground and Pound KO at 4:36 of Round 1
    SEAN SHERK

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

HotRod, we're going back to the 1st grade here...you get a big gold star

[​IMG]

great writeup, detailed, and you and bogey got your fight in right away. unfortunately, looks like you were the only guys who did

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Big Nog vs. Face Plow

Big Nog, coming off a shock first round loss in the Initial TFC Tournament was looking to reverse his momentum and get in the win column. Face Plow, a relative unknown newcomer was looking for his Muay Thai/BJJ expertise to lead him to victory in his debut.

The fight started off with both fighters circling the ring trying to gauge the distance and feel each other out. Big Nog, seemed lost in the first few moments as he had no idea what styles Face Plow was using. Nog connected on a few hooks but was quickly barraged with head kicks and flying knees from his opponent. About halfway through the 1st, Nog caught a knee from the clinch and took Face Plow down. Thinking he had the advantage on the ground, Nog worked into halfguard before he was eventually reversed. Face Plow gained mount and rained down punches and Big Nog's fragile jaw gave way again at 4:14 in R1.

Winner: Face Plow by KO R1 4:14.

5. Bighoff63

Bighoff63 VA is coming your way!

Diaz vs Franca
    Nate Diaz made a less then stellar debut in the first TFC fight night against a veteran of the octogon Hermes Franca. In the first round it was clear that Hermes wanted no part of Diaz's stand up as Hermes made every effort to get Nate to the ground. The two fighters had a few brief exchanges on their feet but 90% of the first round was on the ground with both fighters changing positions, neither man gaining much of an advantage. The second round was a copy of the first round, Hermes was able to reverse Diaz's mount position and slipped in a Kimura from side control forcing Diaz to submit 1:50 into the second round. After the fight Diaz vowed to get back into the gym and said he would come out better prepared for his next fight.

6. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Lesnar vs Cro Cop

Brock Lesnar and Mirko Cro Cop met for the first time at TFC Fight Night 1. The fight began with both men testing each others striking ability, Lesnar was rocked early and hit the mat hard after a big hook from Cro Cop caught him clear on his already suspect chin. Two fights in a row since joining TFC have seen Lesnar on the mat early. Cro Cop unfortunately was unable to capitalize on the dazed Lesnar and the first round was a split with both fighters taking plenty of shots and Cro Cop able to keep the fight standing for the majority of the round.

Round 2 began with both fighters remaining cautious in the opening moments. Lesnar was able to impose his torrid attack on Cro Cop and his size, power and sheer beast strength were enough to get Mirko back on the ground and over power him for the win.

Lesnar def. Cro Cop
    Rd 2: 1:17
    TKO

Lesnar is now 2-1 in the TFC and seems to be on a tear. The Heavyweight division better keep an eye behind them, because this bull is coming and he sees red!

7. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Guest

Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans

Machida wins at 4:09 of Round 3 with a tap out due to an arm bar.

I personally thought the match was pretty even. I think Rashad won the first round, while Lyoto won the second. The third could've gone any way, so I'm glad it didn't goto the judges.

Well fought match EaglesIrish. I'm sure we've many more to come.

8. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Good fight Bahnzo.

Machida has a pretty good chin which is something that has yet to be proven in real life because he has never been punched in the face.

9. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Chuck Liddell (Cribbs) vs. Chupa Cabra (Ryno)

Match starts off with Chupa coming out to touch gloves, Liddell didnt notice this and takes him down. Liddell gets off Chupa after he realises he was trying to touch gloves, lol. Liddell was just hyped up and had that adrenaline going, all he saw was KILL KILL KILL.

After they both get up, they go to touch gloves and now its time to get it on. Liddell lands some punches, Chupa lands some kicks. Liddell is scared of those kicks, so he goes for the takedown and get him down. Few transitions later and he has Chupa mounted. Laying the blows, Chupa tried to transiiton out of the mount a few times, but Chuck brings him back in....laying some more blows....GROUND AND POUND...

IT'S OVER!
    Winner by KO in the Round 1 - Chuck Liddell
    (Hopefully all of this is right, I have a hard time remembering matches....I get pumped up and my mind goes blank, lol. Sorry dont remember at what time in round 1.)

After the match, Chuck only had one thing to say....."Who's Next!?

I checked out Chupa's attributes before the match and his standing kicks seem deadly, so I figured the best thing to do would be to take him down, and take my chances there, even though being on the ground is not preferred by Chuck.

I believe Ryno recorded the match.

10. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Thiago Silva (1-1-0, 1 KO / Steel) vs. Tito Ortiz (0-1-0 / Bondzai)

The fight started off slow with both fighters keeping their distance. Silva tries for an early submission via Flying arm bar but no dice. The two traded blows for most of round 1. There was also a lot of punches and kicks being thrown but were not even close to each other,lol. The fight ended right before the end of the 2nd with Silva knocking down Tito, then unleashed a barrage of punches from the top to end the fight with maybe 1 second left in the round.

Silva wins in the end of the 2nd rnd. by tko.

Good fight Bondzai.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It's obvious I have no clue what I'm doing when the fight goes to the ground. I've got to get a lot more practice in. Good fight Steelah.

12. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Tim Sylvia (0-1-0 / Marcman) vs. Cain Velasquez (0-0-0 / JMS)

Sylvia came out MASHING after his recent loss. He was throwin all sorts of haymakers and kicks. It seemed as Cain came in with a gameplan to get Sylvia off his feet and bring the fight down to the floor. But Sylvia wasn't havin it as he was pullin reversals and escapes out of Velasquez' submission attempts. And those reversals eventually proved too costly for Velasquez as Sylvia pulled a nice reversal to gain top position and just started mashin with HUGE Right hammers, but it only took 2 and Velasquez was KO'd 4:41 into round 1.

good fight!

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Grey Maynard (NYJuggs) vs Tyson Griffin (Bruce)

Maynard has very little to no standup. But he might be the best wrestler this side of Sean Sherk in the lightweight division. For 3 rounds he would take down and dominate the overmatched Griffin. Tyson was winning the standup though and hits hard, but was gassed for most of the fight from all the slams he was taking. By the end of the fight, Maynard had a huge gash under his eye and Griffin's mug looked like a nice roastbeef.

The judges somehow gave Griffin 1 round. How I don't know. But Grey Maynard wins his debut by unanimous decision, 29-28 on all 3 cards.

Good fight Bruce. You got better the more we sparred after. Just do what I said. Do the tutorials for the parts of the game you're not good at and fight alot of exhibition fights ve the cpu, all different style of fighters. You'll get better.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

check out the fight here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h35Uo9kw0JI

make sure to watch it in HD

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

does Cain Velasquez have any submission skills? I thought he was a wrestler/gnp fighter? Rather than go for the subs should have worked transitions into mount

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Diego Sanchez (1-0-0 / Shaun) vs. Matt Serra (0-0-0 / JMS) completed

Round One: Serra comes out swinging, showing flashings of his boxing prowess. Sanchez pulls Serra into the clinch and throws him, ending up in side control. A quick transition to mount and Sanchez starts trying to land a bomb. Serra uses his BJJ to roll Sanchez off and lands a few shots. The fighters scramble to their feet where they trade a few shots before Sanchez shoots for a takedown. Sanchez remains in the dominant position until the end of the round.

Round Two: Sanchez comes out looking to continue the ground and pound assault. A quick double leg and Serra pulls Sanchez into his guard. Sanchez transitions into side control, where Serra sweeps Serra and the fighters scramble to their feet. They trade shots and Serra is getting the better of the exchange so Sanchez backs off. Wading back in, Sanchez steps left and lands a flush left hook to the jaw of Serra, who drops like a ton of bricks.

Winner: Diego Sanchez KO Round 2

Watch video here! Click HD please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACIk2Q-NSFI