TFC PPV 1 - Ignition (Announcement/Fight Card)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jun 3, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC PPV 1 - Ignition (Announcement/Fight Card)

TFC PPV 1 = IGNITION

Commissioner Salvia steps up to the podium, in front of a number of microphones and tape recorders, with 20-30 media types in attendance.

“Ladies and gentlemen of the media. TFC enthusiasts. MMA and Fight fans alike. It is with great pleasure that I have called this press conference tonite.

A few short weeks ago, the TFC was born. In a short period of time, the league has exploded. We have gained 8 members and have added close to 20 fighters to our roster since the organization’s inception. The traffic on our website and in our forums is among the highest at the popular Traditionfootball.com site. And our fans have viewed our fights on youtube and read the fight card results numerous amount of times. It is with this expansion and growth in popularity that I am thrilled to inform you of the following big news for the TFC.

We have struck a partnership with all the major cable (Time Warner, Comcast, etc) and Satellite (DirecTV, Dish) companies and our proud to bring to you the TFC on PPV. Periodically, we will be offering huge fight cards to the masses at a reasonable price of $39.99. I am also proud to announce that our 1st ever PPV event will be immediately.

Our 1st PPV will be entitled IGNITION . As big as we have gotten, the truth is, you can’t be a major MMA/boxing/fight league without champions. Titles make a world of difference. It identifies the top of the heap in each weight class. It gives all the other fighters something to strive for. And it generates a lot more talk, rivalries and general interest among both the fans and fighters. Therefore our 1st PPV will ignite the TFC world. Our 1st champions will be crowned in all 5 weight classes, in an amazing Quintuple Main Event card.

In addition to the 5 title matches, we have decided to load this card with fighters. Many many more matches than a typical TFC PPV will be on the fight card. We will have important #1 contender matches, debut matches, desperately need a win matches, and a few other important fights for our rankings. Consider this our “Wrestlemania†with a huge fight card that will give all the TFC fans hardons and all the casual viewers something that will make them say “Holy $hit, this is great!â€ÂÂ.

Finally, we had to find a place worthy of hosting our 1st event. Thru many hours of negation, many palms being greased, and even a few favors given by some our ring card girls, we were able to get clearance from the NY State fight commission and bring the TFC to the biggest city in the USA. With that red tape out of the way, the site was an easy call. Our 1st PPV will be held at no other than the World’s Most Famous Arena....Madison Square Garden!

Without further ado, I give you TFC IGNITION

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Fight Card

TFC PPV 1 = IGNITION

Venue: Madison Square Garden
    Referee: Steve Mazzagati
    Deadline: Saturday 6/6/09 (at the latest, hopefully sooner)

Main Event #1
    Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Andrei Arlovski (3-0-0, 2 KO / Sweetness) vs. Cheick Kongo (3-1-0, 3 KO / Hot Rod) (completed)

This is the closest thing we have to a rivalry right now in the TFC. Arlovski won the HW tournament, tapping out Kongo in the finals in a fight inwhich Kongo was dominating. Since, Andrei has been sitting quietly on the sidelines while Kongo has been calling him out every chance he gets. They finally face each other again, this time with the HW title on the line.

Main Event #2
    Light-Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Wanderlei Silva (3-0-0, 2 KO / Coleman) vs. Lyoto Machida (3-1-0, 2 KO / Bahnzo) (completed)

Teammates, friends, training partners...opponents. Wandy & Lyoto spar & roll everyday in the Team Forca gym, but for 1 night, they are fighting for real. Silva beat Machida in the LHW tournament & Lyoto beat Rashad Evans to earn a rematch. I’d expect them to touch gloves, fight clean & hug after the match...but during it is anyone’s guess.

Main Event #3
    Middleweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Dan Henderson (3-0-0, 3 KO / Eagles) vs. Thales Leites (3-1-0, 3 KO / Bahnzo) (completed)

Another rematch from the tournaments. Hendo knocked out Leites with an uppercut in the MW finals and won the tourney with 3 impressive knockouts. Leites won a #1 contender match over Rich Franklin to earn the rematch. A lot of writers & fans believe whoever wins is only keeping the belt warm for Anderson Silva, who has been on the sidelines as of late. But for 1 night, the winner will be at the top of the middleweight food chain.

Main Event #4
    Welterweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Georges St. Pierre (3-0-0, 2 KO / NYJuggs) vs. Thiago Alves (3-1-0, 2 KO / Blaza) (completed)

Yet another rematch from the tournament finals. In their 1st fight, the heavily favorite GSP got all he could handle from Alves & won via unanimous decision. GSP went back up to Canada to train and watch who he would face for the WW title. Alves was able to beat Diego Sanchez & looked impressive in doing so. The rematch should be explosive with the strap on the line.

Main Event #5
    Lightweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Sean Sherk (3-0-0, 3 KO / Hot Rod) vs. Roger Huerta (2-0-0, 2 KO / Marcman) (completed)

There was no conclusion to the LW tournament. Therefore, Commish Salvia set up 2 elimination matches to determine who would face each other for the title. Sherk beat Kenny Florian & Huerta won a shocking matchup over BJ Penn. This will be the 1st fight between The Muscle Shark & El Matador so really, no one knows what’s going to happen.

Rest of the Card

Brock Lesnar (2-1-0, 2 KO / Graves) vs. Tim Sylvia (1-1-0, 1 KO / Marcman)
    Heavyweight #1 contender match

Grey Maynard (2-0-0, 1 KO / NYJuggs) vs. BJ Penn (1-1-0, 1 KO / Steel) (completed)
    Lightweight #1 contender match

Rich Franklin (1-1-0, 1 KO / Shaun) vs. Demain Maia (0-1-0 / Pryor)

Karo Parisyan (1-1-0, 1 KO / Ryno) vs. Josh Koschek (0-1-0 / Pryor) (completed)

Joe Lauzon (1-1-0, 1 KO / Bondzai) vs. Kenny Florian (1-2-0, 1 KO / Bogey) (completed)

Kimbo Slice (0-0-0 / Bogey) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (0-0-0 / Twrecks) (completed)
    Double debut fight

Deron Laboon (0-0-0 / Sweetness) vs. Shogun Rua (0-0-0 / BBJ)
    Double debut fight

Nate Marquart (0-0-0 / Cribbs) vs. Ben James (0-0-0 / BBJ) (completed)
    Double debut fight

Chupa Cabra (0-1-0 / Ryno) vs. Keith Jardine (0-0-0 / Twrecks)
    Debut fight

Cain Velasquez (0-1-0 / JMS) vs. Heath Herring (cpu-advanced difficulty)
    Need a win match

Mirko Cro Cop (0-1-0 / Big Hoff) vs Justin McCaully (cpu-advanced difficulty) (completed)
    Need a win match

Rampage Jackson (0-1-0 / Bruce) vs. Stephan Bonner (cpu-advanced difficulty)
    Need a win match

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

uh oh i better not lose to the cpu!!!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

you, Bruce and Hoff all have no wins between your fighters. Figured I'd give you guys a chance to earn your first W and some time to spar/train/practice. All 3 of you will have both your fighters in matchups on the next fight card to make up for it...so yeah, DON'T LOSE!

5. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Hey guys, i won't be around until tomorrow so i'll get at you both then. Roger Huerta WILL be the Champ! And Tim Sylvia is fired up and ready to go
    Lets aim for tomorrow evening or maybe even afternoon. I may have the whole day off. I'm Eastern time.

6. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Brock Lesnar (2-1-0, 2 KO / Graves) vs. Tim Sylvia (1-1-0, 1 KO / Marcman)

You want to do this on Friday? I can't, plans on Friday night and I'm working all day...

I can do it tonight if you get some time or we will have to find a way to get it done early Saturday so the TFC can advance.

Let me know...

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

not bad, about half the card already finished up.

2 title fights left

7 other fights, including 2 vs the cpu

tonite maybe???

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

only 1 fight was completed last night? really? come on guys