TFC PPV 3 - results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jun 23, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC PPV 3 - results

post all results here

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

LABOON PROVES TO BE DOMINATE KO's Liddel 4:329 into round 2​

1st Round
    It seemed Liddel studdied Laboons past fights. Liddel took Laboon down but Laboon's underated Judo flips Liddel over into side mount then into full mount. Back and Forth, Laboon just pounding. Then Liddels rib seemed as if it broke after a heavy left, Liddel screamed in agony and somehow flipped laboon off.

2nd Round
    Laboon comes out knowing Liddel is hurt, really bad. Laboon's trainer; Travis tells him make sure when Chuck is watching his body, get him with a flying knee. He did, twice. The second hit send Liddell down but Laboon got pushed off. Then Liddell takes Laboon down and Laboon again uses his Judo but gets pushed back into Full guard. Laboon lands two heavy elbows and Chuck is dased.. The Croud is chanting L-A-B-O-O-N!over and over again. The Samoan Nightmare lands one more elbow and Chuck is out.
    Great Fight Cribbs

After the fight Laboon had one statement to say

Joe Rogan-
    Fantastic and congrats on being in TFC's first LHW Match!
    Laboon-
    Thanks cuz, you know I was right haha! My elbows are the best, best in the world. All the other ones are done by little girls bro!!! I told EVERYONE I was going to be where I am now! NO ONE THOUGHT I could, but I am tha little train that could cuzin! Haha! I did it baby! Just one more match bra! L-A-B-O-O-N! Lets go baby!!

3. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

will post more later have to run to work.

MArcus Davis defeated Ben Killa B Saunders 4:08 rnd 1. Saunders landed some nice shots that scared me. Got the takedown transitioned to mount and pounded out. GF Murkay

4. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Lyoto Destroyed in 1st round KO.

Lyoto Destroyed in 1st round KO. Winner Wilson Gouveia!
    1:55 1st Rd. KO - Gouveia
    Wilson Gouveia (2-0-0, 0 KO / TexBoog) vs. Lyoto Machida (0-1-0 / BigHoff)

1st round.
    Wilson tests the waters in the stand up game. He went for the take down, and the match in his hands. A good counter and couple punches later Machida wasnt moving.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    We have a new Welterweight Champion!!!

Welterweight Championship
    Champion Thiago "The Pitbull" Alves vs. Anthony "Rumble" Johnson

This was a great tactical match. Can't give a ton of details as this one went 4 rounds so a lot went on. Basically Johnson was effective in the stand up game and tried to keep it there while Alves got his in on the ground. Johnson was able to avoid submissions while on the ground as Alves was trying to test Johnson's suspect submission D. In the end Johnson's use of takedowns and body blows on the ground to Alves was too much for the champ as one final big knee and Alves defenseless forced referee Herb Dean to stop the fight.

Winner by TKO (Knees) at 4:21 of Round 4
    Anthony "Rumble" Johnson

After the fight Johnson commended his opponent.
    AJ: We both talked a little shit leading up to the fight but Alves gave a good fight tonight. I had to work hard to keep the fight in my favor and that is a testament to the quality of opponent I have. I'm glad to be the champion and I'm looking forward to defending my belt!

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Matt Hughes Wins!!!!

Matt Hughes defeats Diego Sanchez with a kimora at 3:23 in round 1.

Sanchez had Hughes on his back and was giving him some shots to the face when Hughes took his arm and slapped on the kimora. There was nothing Diego could do to get out of that.

Good fight Bruce. It felt good to beat you at something after all the ass whoopings you handed me in Tradition II. (y)

7. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Nate Diaz (1-2-0, 0 KO / BigHoff) vs. Frank Edgar (1-1-0, 1 KO / Eagles)

Frank Edgar wins by Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-26,30-27)

Edgar came out throwing bombs and Diaz did nothing to stop them. Edgar took Diaz down a few times. This was the only advantage Diaz showed in the fight. While the fight was on the ground Diaz was the better man. Edgar realized this and decided to use his wrestling skills to keep the fight on the feet. Edgar dominated in the stand up and won every round because of it.

Good fight Diaz.

8. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Yeah good fight. There was a split second of lag and it killed me on the ground, I would try to defend and it would do nothing.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Great Fight HR. You beat my ass!

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Georges St Pierre - Matt Serra

This one was about as 1 sided as a match could be. After some initial feeling it, it went to the ground. GSP battered mini-me before acheiving mount and landing repeated shots to the noggin. Serra was dazed (grey screen) only a few mins into the fight, but St. Pierre was being a sport and decided to stand up. A few seconds later...Serra got knocked down again. He quickly got back to his feet though. With about a minute to go in the round, GSP ended it, knocked out Serra so bad, he fell face first like he just got shot in the back of the head.

GSP by knockout...a much needed win. JMS will have video coming soon. Good fight man.

11. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Updated records 6/26

12. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Texboogie beats Tim Sylvia 4:54 into the 1st round. Tex dominated me on the ground. i'll let him do a detailed write up

13. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Winner By KO 4:54 of 1st Round - Fabricio Werdum

Fabricio Werdum (3-0-0, 2 KO / TexBoog) vs. Tim Sylvia (1-3-0, 1 KO / Marcman)

Fabricio is a man on fire. He wasted no time working over Tim Sylvia. As the two men worked on the feet it looked as though Werdum had the def advantage. But once the match hit the ground, it was a sobering reminder how solid of a BJJ fighter the P-MMAGladiator camp creates. The last 1/2 of the first round was Fabricio on top of Sylvia raining leather. KO just bell is about to ring to end the first round.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Joe Stevenson (0-1-0 / BBJ) vs. BJ Penn (0-1-0 / Ryno)

Joe Stevenson gets first win Via KO 2:33 into the 1st rd

RD1
    Penn and Stevenson came out swinging with both landing quality punches and kicks. Penn tried for a takedown that was blocked By Stevenson and both went right back to work. Penn tried for a kick and with that left an opening for a Right Haymaker that put him down for the Count...

Good fight Ryno...

15. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Rashad Evans (2-2-0, 2 KO / Eagles) vs. Forrest Griffin (2-1-0, 1 KO / Bogey)

Round 1- This round went back and forth. Both fighter executed their game plans. Forrest wanted to stand and trade with Rashad. Evans wanted to take the fight to the ground. In the early minutes of the first round Griffin landed a few decent shots. This is where Evans realized keeping the fight on the feet would not be benificial to him. Rashad scored a take down and ended the round in the mount putting leather to Griffins face. The fight could have ended at this point but Griffin was saved by the bell.

Round 2- Round 2 was very simular to round 1. Evans tried to take the fight to the ground. This time Griffin was more successful keeping the fight on the feet. He landed the better shots and won round 2.

Round 3- At this point both fighters have won a round and it is anybodys fight. Rashad was able to score a couple take downs early in the round. Griffin was unable to get off his back in the third. Rashad was content to keep Griffin in side control and go to work on his face. The third period ended this way after Rashad had score a few more take downs.

After the fight both men felt they had done enough to earn their light-heavyweight title shot. In the end Rashad Evans scored a Unanimious Decision victory over Forrest Griffin 29-28,29-28,29-28.

During a post fight interview Rashad Evans was quoted as saying "I knew if the fans were booing I was winning." This was by no means the fight of the night but Evans will take the victory and move onto the next match. That next bout will be a fight for the Light-Heavyweight belt.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sounds like a great fight! lol, love the quote

17. franklin vs almeida

almeida came out with somthing to prove .he was heard before the fight saying he has his eye on the middleweight belt, and franklin was in his way.

about 1 min. in the first round almeida was taken down by franklin. then almeida showed the world his top bjj.franklin was mounted and near giving up when the 1st round ended,

round two was much the same and with 2:15 left in the round,franklin was sleeping from ground and pound.

winner by ko (ricardo almeida)

18. totalwreckage

Bisping Deeats Okami 4:59 of rnd 3 by KO (yes you read it right lol)

In a tactival fight Bisping couldnt get anything going, had the mount a couple of times but other than that Okami was just too strong for the Brit. With seconds to go Bisping decides to stand up and end the fight with fireworks as with the judges you never know, cpl of shots exchanged than with 1 second to go BOOOOM Head kick and Okami crumpled to the floor. Unbeelivable win considering I was looking too lose the decision most liekly. Good fight Juggs

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

fucking limey bastard

20. totalwreckage

btw could Okamis character model be any more boring jesus christ they need to motion cap that guy asap lol

21. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Nate Marquadt (2-1-0, 2 KO / Cribbs) vs. Demian Maia (0-2-0 / Pryor)

Nate "The Great" improves to 3-1 with 3 KO's!

Match started off with both fighter feelings each other out. Maia landed some pretty good shots and tried for the takedown to no avail. Back and forth with clinch punches. Maia goes for a punch and gets clinched and taken down by Nate, right into side guard. Nate moves into mount. Little back and forth here as Maia keeps trying to reverese out of mount, eventually Nate catches him with a solid left and instant knockout.

Winner by KO at 4:48 of RD1 - Nate "The Great" Marquadt

22. totalwreckage

Bipsing is watching.

23. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Bisping should be hiding.

24. totalwreckage

Cant hide from Marquardt he is a caveman he knows all the tricks

25. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Very true! The caveman will just have to pummel the limey.