TFC - PPV 4 (Fireworks!) fight card

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 3, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC - PPV 4 (Fireworks!) fight card

TFC PPV 4 = FIREWORKS!

Our 4th PPV, held over the 4th of July holiday weekend, is appropriately titled “Fireworks!” There is another reason for this as 3 titles will be on the line in a loaded card being held for the fighters who will be around over the holiday.

Venue: Madison Square Garden
    Referee: Mario Yamasaki
    Deadline: Tuesday - 7/7/09 - 6pm EST

Main Event #1
    Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Champion Brock Lesnar (4-1-0, 4 KO / Graves) vs. Fabricio Werdum (3-0-0, 3 KO / TexBoog) Completed- Winner and New HW Champion Fabricio Werdum
    Lesnar has been the champ for a few weeks, beating Cheick Kongo for the belt, but has yet to make his 1st title defense until now. Werdum has been impressive posting a 3-0 record and with FacePlow sidelined, avoided having to win a #1 contender match. The winner of this fight will defend the belt quickly once FacePlow is back.

Main Event #2
    Light-Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Rashad Evans (3-2-0, 2 KO / Eagles) vs. Deren Laboon (3-0-0, 1 KO / Sweetness) Completed- Winner and New Champion Deren Laboon
    Since Lyoto Machida vacated his title, the LHW division has been a complete mess. Laboon is the only fighter in the division not hovering around the .500 mark, going 3-0 since making his debut. Evans won a qualifying match to earn a title shot. The winner will be awarded the vacated strap and hopefully, bring some stability to the division

Main Event #3
    Middleweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Dan Henderson (5-1-0, 3 KO / Eagles) vs. Michael Bisping (3-1-0, 3 KO / Twrecks) Completed- Winner and New MW Champion Michael Bisping
    Another division w/o a champion, but the middleweights have been a little more stable. Hendo has dominated since losing to former champ Thales Leites and wants another crack at the belt. Bisping has been impressive going 3-1 with some highlight finishes. The real life TUF coaches will battle for the belt, could this be a preview of their real fight next weekend?

Rest of the Card
    - Shogun Rua (0-2-0 / BBJ) vs. Thiago Silva (0-0-0 / TexBoog) Completed- Winner Thiago Silva

- Rampage Jackson (1-3-0, 1 KO / Bruce) vs. Wanderlei Silva (0-0-0 / Graves)

- Matt Serra (1-5-0, 0 KO / JMS) vs. Bo Williams (0-0-0 / Murkya) Completed- Winner Bo Williams

- Karo Parisyan (3-4-0, 1 KO / Ryno) vs. Jon Fitch (0-0-0 / SirToke) Completed- Winner John Fitch

- Tyson Griffin (1-0-0, 1 KO / Twrecks) vs. BJ Penn (0-0-0 / Blaza)- Completed- Winner Griffin

- Cheick Kong (5-2-0, 4 KO / HotRod) vs. Cain Velasquez (0-3-0 / JMS) Completed- Winner Kongo

- Chuck Liddell (2-2-0, 2 KO / Cribbs) vs. Lyoto Machida (1-1-0, 0 KO / BigHoff) Completed- Winner Liddell

- Rich Franklin (0-2-0 / Bogey) vs. Thales Leites (0-1-0 / Sweetness) Completed- Winner Thales Leites

- Thiago Alves (5-2-0, 3 KO / Blaza) vs. Diego Sanchez (0-2-0 / Bruce)

- Kenny Florian (4-2-0, 2 KO / Bogey) vs. Mac Danzig (2-1-0, 2 KO / SirToke) Completed- Winner Danzig
    - Nate Marquadt (3-2-0, 3 KO / Cribbs) vs. Ben James (0-3-0 / BBJ) Completed- Winner Nate Marquadt

- Coleman, RROD’d
    - Rest of the guys off the card - vacation

Twrecks is in charge while I’m gone. Happy 4th everyone

2. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

nice job fellas 5 fights completed in one day. Loving the participation level right now keep up the good work

7 fights completed in one day, nice job guys. If we can repeat that success tonight we will be golden tomorrow, but I know its the 4th so make sure you are safe tonight, and look out for the bad drivers.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Only 5 fights left...I know the deadline is Tuesday but would be cool if those fights got done today, or tomm even, so we can advance

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I wont be around until monday night. I am going back to the lake and wont be back until later tonight.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Have you already left? I can go real quick now if you can.

6. totalwreckage

hey bud when you get back from the lake (hopefully minus the leeches) throw a post up in that sched forum as the deadline is Tuesday, you know how this works you hairy sob (y)

7. totalwreckage

Bruce is out of town, so with the excpetion of his fights looks like Hot Rod and JSM may go sometime today/tonight, so that just leaves one more, and then when Bruce gets back from the lake hopefully his will be knocked out and we will advance. Nice job fellas

8. Bighoff63

Bighoff63 VA is coming your way!

I just wanted to post my amazment at the swiftness of Lydell's KO of Lyoto Machida. I still can't freaking believe it, great KO Cribbs.

9. totalwreckage

Remaining fights

- Rampage Jackson (1-3-0, 1 KO / Bruce) vs. Wanderlei Silva (0-0-0 / Graves)

- Thiago Alves (5-2-0, 3 KO / Blaza) vs. Diego Sanchez (0-2-0 / Bruce)

- Kenny Florian (4-2-0, 2 KO / Bogey) vs. Mac Danzig (2-1-0, 2 KO / SirToke)

Bruce/Graves/Blaza- Bruce was at the lake so dont know if he is back yet but Bruce if you are any chance you are gonna be able to get these fights in by Tuesday?

All in all excelelnt job with the fights fellas only 2 fights left and we still have a day before the deadline. Great job

10. Blaza

Bruce---I can play today from 5pm EST till about 8pm EST. And anytime tomorrow after 5pm EST.

11. totalwreckage

the only reason I ask is because if Bruce says he wont be able to than Juggs could jsut advance it, but if they say they can than thats cool too

12. totalwreckage

ok Bruce just your fights left? You gonna be able to make it?

13. Blaza

Thiago is trying to get his belt back, The Pit-Bull needs this fight!! :p

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

did either Bruce fight happen?

15. Blaza

I can't catch him or get a response. Bruce?!?!!?! :(

16. BRUCE80

I can fight tonight but it has to be quick. I will be home a touch after 4pm pst and have about an hour to get it done or it can be later this evening after 8 pm pst and then I am free.

If that doesnt work lets move on.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I will extend the deadline til 8pm EST if either Blaza or Graves can get on like 4pst/7est to fight. If not, let me know and I'll begin work on the updates when I get home from work. 8pm PST/11est is too late.

18. BRUCE80

Ill be on my box just after 4 pm pst about 415 most likely and will stick around for about an hour.

19. Blaza

Ok...I will be on then. If you can get on any earlier that would be perfect but if not I'll plan to meet you online at that time.