TFC - PPV 4 Summary/Recap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 7, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC - PPV 4 Summary/Recap

TFC PPV 4 = FIREWORKS

Venue: Madison Square Garden
    Referee: Mario Yamasaki
    Deadline: Tuesday - 7/7/09 - 6pm EST

Main Event #1
    Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Champion Brock Lesnar (4-1-0, 4 KO / Graves) vs. Fabricio Werdum (3-0-0, 3 KO / TexBoog)

1st Round
    Werdum comes running out of the gates and jabs Lesnar right in the face, just as Lesnar was putting his hand up to show respect. So Immediately Werdum backs up and lets Lesnar take a free shot at him. Im not sure Werdum thought this all the way through as Lesnar Starts throwing BOMBS. He lands one and puts a nice cut right under Fabricio his right eye.
    Werdum stated after the fight "I felt bad for running out and hitting him when he was putting his hand up, but it showed me that I wanted NOTHING to do with that man's stand up game" After that point the men backed up, showed respect, and got back to work.
    Werdum was quick to take Lesnar to the mat, where he completely put on a demonstration of Brizilain JJ. Lesnar stated after the fight, "When I hit him in the face, I thought I felt something crack in his face. He backed up, and I have to tell you; the look on his face made me think 1 more of those will make this guy curl up into a ball and beg for help"
    Unfortunately for Lesnar that would be the last time he would get his hands on Fabricio. Once Werdum got into Full Mount he completely destroyed Brocks will to fight. Brock worked to get out until one final right hand put him to sleep.
    THE NEW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE UFC!!!!
    FABRICIO WERDUM!!!!!

Main Event #2
    Light-Heavyweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Rashad Evans (3-2-0, 2 KO / Eagles) vs. Deren Laboon (3-0-0, 1 KO / Sweetness)

LABOON PROVES RIGHT! WINS LHW CHAMPIONSHIP
    1st Round
    Evans decided to take this to the ground and proved to be great there. Evans is able to squeeze into Full Mount to rain some lefts, but Laboon's Judo flips him over to standup. The match went back and forth on the ground, but Laboon used his Judo ground flip and was able to hop into side mount and rained some elbows. Evans moved Laboon back into Full Guard whereLaboon landed about 8 elbows until the round was over.
    Even round2nd Round
    "Deren my bra, wait for the kid to comez chargin at you and hit him hard bra"
    Exactly what Laboon did. Waited for Evans to make his move and hit a couple hard hits. Then when Evans came charging Laboon hit with a nice flying knee, it sent evans backwards, but not down. Then Evans went for the take-down and was un-lucky and Laboon was able to switch into side mount. Hitting elbows, but Evans breaks out. Then Evans comes charging one more time and Laboon just jumps with his knee in the air and connects right to the left cheek of Evans. "Evans is down! Evans is Down!" Rogan said
    Laboon quickly hopped on top for a GnP victory.
    WINNER AND THE NEW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD: DEREN "THE SAMOAN NIGHTMARE" LABOON!
    "Great Fight cuzin, I hope to see you again"
    JR: "Congratulations Deren, I guess you are the little train that could. I guess I should say Big Train now."
    DL: "Thanks cuz, I told you all I could. Know one could believe I wass uhh at 3-0. Now I am at 4-0 and the champion baby!'
    JR: "What's next for you"
    DL: "Well right now cuz, me, my wife, and some Captain... We all know where that leads too! (Smiles)"

Main Event #3
    Middleweight Title Match (5 rounds)
    Dan Henderson (5-1-0, 3 KO / Eagles) vs. Michael Bisping (3-1-0, 3 KO / Twrecks)

Bisping vs Henderson
    Bisping came into the fight worried about Hendersons KO power and everytime a punch landed it sent cringes to the Corner of Team Wreckage. Bisping was able to reverse some takedowns from Hendo and eventually get the mount, on a few occasions. Hendo would escape and back to the feet it would go. Was pretty much like this for the first cpl of rounds than fianal;y in the thrid Bisping slipped a punch through Hendos cover in the mount for the KO at 1:51 of round 3.
    New Middleweight Champion. Michael "The Count" Bisping
    Bisping- I have a lot of rspect for Dan henderosn. I grew up watching him in pride and i have folowed his carrer. I respect his power, his wrestling and his presence. I will defend this title with Honor.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

page 2

Rest of the Card
    - Shogun Rua (0-2-0 / BBJ) vs. Thiago Silva (0-0-0 / TexBoog)

Thiago Silva, definitive winner over Shogun.
    3:41 of 1st Round KO
    Shogun Rua (0-3-0 / BBJ) vs. Thiago Silva (1-0-0 / TexBoog)
    This match was very one sided. Thiago came out to prove something in this match. He was a little to cocky in the first minute of the fight as Shogun landed some root shaking shots. He later said "He wasnt the only one landing some bombs. This is my first fight Under the tutelage of the P-MMAG Gym." "King Leonidas told me to stand and battle with him before I go to the mat." "I asked him why, and he said I want to see what happens to you when you get into a brawl and get hit with a real shot"
    Thiago was hit with a kick that even made me look away. But just ask King Leonidas had hoped, Thiago stayed rooted and kept on swinging. But, Once Maximus Decimus was content with the hand game showed by the fighter, he yelled for Silva to "take this fight to the ground and work your GnP Gladious Technique"
    Once Silva was given this command he was like a dog out of a cage. He went to work on Shogun's body, and would not budge from the full mount. The interesting thing about Silva was that right when Shogun was about to get knocked out in about the 2nd minute of the fight. Thiago stood up and relequenished his Full mount postion. Apparently he felt he could inflict more damage on Shogun, who at this point was ready to go for the homerun or go home.
    After he let him up he worked his stand up game shortly and went right back to full mount. This time the command was given directly from Maximus himself to finish him off, NOW!! 2 right hands later Thiago has his first win with him new Camp.

- Rampage Jackson (1-3-0, 1 KO / Bruce) vs. Wanderlei Silva (0-0-0 / Graves)
    cancelled

- Matt Serra (1-5-0, 0 KO / JMS) vs. Bo Williams (0-0-0 / Murkya)

Bo Williams beats Matt Serra by way of KO - Round 1 (2:26)
    Round 1:
    Right from the get-go, Serra was trying to push the pressure and wasting no time. Bo Williams was able to take Matt Serra down, but worn down some he would be put into an armbar. Luckily, Williams was able to escape, get good position, and transition to mount. From there, Serra was only able to last for so long. Matt Serra had birds whistling around his head 3 times before he was ultimately knocked out with a vicious strike to the face.
    Post Fight:
    After the fight, Bo Williams was asked to go back through what happened with Joe Rogan. This is what he had to say:
    "uhh..idk..he tried grabbing my arm, i didn't know what he was doing and then it started to hurt so I made him stop. he kept punching me and stuff and then something clicked...i thought of my dad, and I just went crazy!"
    "DAD, IF YOU ARE WATCHING...I LOVE YOU!!"

- Karo Parisyan (3-4-0, 1 KO / Ryno) vs. Jon Fitch (0-0-0 / SirToke)

1st round arm bar win for fitch sry so short gotta run for the 4th

- Tyson Griffin (1-0-0, 1 KO / Twrecks) vs. BJ Penn (0-0-0 / Blaza)

There was hype behind this one as two very good fighters would hook it up, and this was really anyone's fight. BJ had some sick sub attempts, Griffin had some solid gnp and reversals and takedowns. BJ probably won the stand up war although griffin landed a cpl of shots. It is too bad this was only 3 rounds as these two warriors needed 5 rounds to get a decisive winner, however Griffin pulled the decision 29-28 on all three judeges score cards.
    Winner Unanimous Decision Tryson Griffin
    Griffin- I know the fans feel cheated. They wanted a decisive winner. It could have gone anybodys way but I got the decision, and Im here right now to formally request Penn v Griffin 2. Unfinished business is what i feel in my heart right now. This could have very well been Bjs fight, I got lucky. I never like to leave it to the judges, and if we are given a rematch I will do my best to finish him!!!
    *Fans cheer*

- Cheick Kongo (5-2-0, 4 KO / HotRod) vs. Cain Velasquez (0-3-0 / JMS)

Congo wins this fight quickly. Velasquez came out well having success countering Kongo's strikes and taking him down to the mat. Kongo was able to get out of that trouble then used his wrestling to gain the advantage. He gets Velasquez into full mount and knocks him out with a hammerfist.
    Winner by KO at 2:38 of Round 1
    Cheick Kongo
    After the fight Kongo said he feels he should be back in the title race and doesn't understand how he fell so far in the rankings. He wants his belt back!

- Chuck Liddell (2-2-0, 2 KO / Cribbs) vs. Lyoto Machida (1-1-0, 0 KO / BigHoff)

Liddell's left leg ends this one early in 1st round!
    Match starts out with a little bit of sparring back and forth. Liddell counter clinch one of Machida's punches and goes for the throw takedown, but Machida would have none of that and reverses it into a Machida mount! Machida tried to end it there, but Liddell rolled out of it and stood up. Both men back to their feet, Liddel lands 1 kick to the head and then goes for another....BOOM! Instant KO!
    Liddell wins by KO at 1:04 in RD1.

- Rich Franklin (0-2-0 / Bogey) vs. Thales Leites (0-1-0 / Sweetness)

Thales Leites gets first win via knockout with 1:08 left on the clock in the 2nd
    1st Round
    The Match starting offas a slugfest. Then Franklin makes the un-smart choice and tries to take Leites down. When he does, Leites gets into rubberguard and flips Franklin into Full Mount. Just horrific blows by Leites, but Franklind still manages to get out. Leites takes Franklin down onceand lands some punches and the round ends.
    2nd Round
    Starting off more on Franklins side this time. Just hitting Leites hard, alot. A takedown by Leites gets pushed off. More slugging. Franklin gets into the clinch and hits a hard upper-cut, Leites falls... He gets back up though. Leites goes for one more takedown and gets it. Franklin pushesoff then is able to reverse a submissing to get into side mount. Leites flips him over though and hops into Full Mount, again! Franklin still gets out and goes back for a takedown. Leites getins back into full mount and one punch puts Franklin away.

- Thiago Alves (5-2-0, 3 KO / Blaza) vs. Diego Sanchez (0-2-0 / Bruce)

Thiago Alves moves to 6-2 KOing Diego Sanchez at 2:49 with a kick to the head.

- Kenny Florian (4-2-0, 2 KO / Bogey) vs. Mac Danzig (2-1-0, 2 KO / SirToke)

round 1 danzig owned the stand up landing big shots.he then went for the take down went to mount fast.danzig landed some good punches and was reversed right at the bell.saving ken flo.
    round 2 ken flo started using his reach advatage ant landed sum good strikes.danzig had to go for the take down and got in.after moving to mount danzig ended the fight with a left.
    winner round 2 with 2:10 left in the round MAC DANZIG

- Nate Marquadt (3-2-0, 3 KO / Cribbs) vs. Ben James (0-3-0 / BBJ)

Marquadt comes back from controversial loss with a decisive win!
    Marquadt wins by KO at 3:01 of RD1
    Nate had this to say after the match......
    "Good win for me, I guess. I'm tired of beating up on poor Ben James. I see Michael "Limey Bastard" Bisping has the title now, and I want it! If I have to go through everyone in my division, I will get back to a fight with Bisping, and when I do.......well....let's keep it PG and say it won't be pretty. He got lucky last time with a punch that was clearly illegal."
    "I'M COMING FOR YOU BISPING!"