TFC Rules & Guidelines

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, May 13, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TFC Rules & Guidelines

Let me preface this entire thing by saying that right now, everything me and Shaun have planned is based on speculation. Both he and I have read reviews and it seems like the only thing you can do online is single matches. You can customize the arenas and numbers of rounds, which helps in our planning. There is nothing like an online league or dynasty like we all are accustomed to with NCAA, therefore the majority of what we’re going to be doing is going to take place right here on the boards. We also don’t know how the game is going to play online. We’d all like to hope that it’s going to be a very smooth game without lag. However, anyone who has ever played a game online in the past knows that lag happens. Hopefully it won’t be so bad that it affects the game play. An MMA fighting game based on counters and pulling off combos and submissions needs to play pretty smoothly to be effective. All that being said, we’re going to go ahead and assume the game will work as expected and as we’ve read. So I introduce to you the...

TRADITION FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP

First some rules:
    - Everyone is here to have fun with friends. There will be no tolerating any petty fighting or immature actions. Stuff like talking smack about your opponent or even a heated discussion is encouraged. But there is a line between that and acting immature.

- Cheese is NOT ALLOWED! Anyone who has ever played a Street Fighter or a Tekken or a wrestling game knows that there are always moves that are unblockable. There are always people who do the same 3 moves the entire fight. That is not fun and certainly not what we’re looking for in the TFC. The reason why MMA fighting has overtaken boxing in terms of popularity is the complexity of the sport. Fighters these days know and use many different techniques. Obviously, if your using Chuck Liddell, you’re going to want to keep it on your feet. If you’re using a BBJ expert, you want the fight on the ground. Again, there is a line between fighting to your strengths/opponent weaknesses and cheese.

- If you fight someone who you felt “cheesed” I ask that you PM me with a description. Please do not go public with it and start a flame war on the boards. I will speak to other people who have fought this person and get their opinion. If they agree, the person will be warned. The first warning is just that, a warning. The 2nd warning will result in penalty of their fighter’s rank. The 3rd warning and you will be asked to leave the league. UFC fights can end in seconds. It’s not like a 4 qtr NCAA game. So we have to be pro-active against anyone using cheese tactics to win. That is why this rule is in place. I hope I don’t have to enforce it though as I expect everyone in the league to play within the rules.

- As stated in the pre-face, without a true online league feature, this league is only going to thrive if it’s members help it to. Everything we do is going to be done on the boards. Anyone who joins the league needs to be active. Showing up twice a week to fight is not going to cut it. Everyone will be expected to post on the board. Build up fight hype. Post your results with some details of the fight. Call out guys to build rivalries. I’m pretty sure everyone who will be joining this league has followed the UFC and/or the WWF for years. That’s what we’re trying to emulate here. We need you to make that happen.

- You are NOT allowed to use the sub/cancel glitch. Yes, you are allowed to try for a sub (or accidently try for one) and then cancel it. But doing this repeatedly causes a glitch where your stamina is not drained but your opponent's is. Therefore, this is being banned

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

part 2

The TFC Vision
    My plan/vision of the TFC is to resemble the real UFC...on a accelerated scale/time table. What that means:

- To begin, everyone who has confirmed for the league will go into a fighter selection lottery. We will have a random, 2 round, serpentine draft. Everyone will select 2 “real” fighters. As a fighter gets selected, he is removed from the available list of 80 fighters. You must select fighters in different weight classes. And when/if you create a fighter, you will not be able to have a CAF in the same weight class as your other 2 fighters. Please keep this in mind during the draft lottery. If you plan on creating yourself and you weight 230 lbs (heavyweight), do not select a heavyweight in the real fighter lottery. The reason we don’t want members to have multiple fighters in the same weight class is pretty obvious. We’re probably only going to have about 10 fighters in each of the 5 different weight classes. And if the same guy owns 2 of those 10...scheduling fights is going to be difficult. As new guys sign up, they will be able to select 2 guys from the list of fighters still available. But the guys who have confirmed from the league will have first crack.

- As for the draft itself, be honest with yourself. If you check the boards daily...no problem, you can make the pick yourself on the board when it’s your turn. If you’re not going to be around for a few days and you pick 5th...pm me a list of 5 fighters. When it’s your turn, I will make the pick from you from your list. We want the lottery to be over by next Tuesday, release day.

- After a few weeks of fighting with the same guy, it’s inevitable that people are going to want to change things up and select a new guy. You can change fighters at any time. The fighter you are giving up goes back on the available list. And you can select a new fighter from any weight class that you currently don’t have one in. However, the penalty is that you will start at the bottom rung with that fighter and have to work your way up.

- We’re going to have 5 opening week tournaments, 1 in each weight class. On Monday night, I will post the matchups. This will give everyone a chance to get used to the game, get used to their fighters and give me and Shaun a little time to mess around with the game to see what is/is not doable. The tournament results will be the initial fighter rankings. For example, if Brock Lesnar beats Frank Mir in the heavyweight tourney, Lesnar will be the #1 ranked heavyweight, Mir #2, etc. There will be no champions to start, just #1 rankings.

- We are going to have a few “weekly shows”. These will be smaller shows to build up records, move up in the ranks, build rivalries, etc. Not every fighter will fight at every show. But every member will have at least 1 of their fighters participate. Weeks might run from Mon-Thurs and Fri-Sun or something like that. The majority of fights will be user matchups. But there will also be some cpu tuneups. These will be more for new members to get their feet wet with their fighters.

- After a few smaller shows we will have a bigger “PPV show”. This is where titles will be decided. Grudge matches will happen. #1 contender spots will be up for grabs. These events are the big leagues of the TFC so not everyone will have a fighter on the card and some guys might have multiple matchups. Everyone wants to be in the spotlight though, so to get their, build up your fighter and he will be on the next PPV.

- It will be everyone’s responsibility to hook up, talk to, and schedule matches with your opponent. You can do that thru the boards, PM, xbox, text message, whatever works for you. A 5 round match that goes to the judges will take 25 mins. If in a 3-4 day span you can’t set aside 25 mins to fight, you do not belong in this league. As stated above...everyone will need to post a recap of your fight. I will compile all these together and do an “Event summary” after all matches have been completed. There is no spectator mode in the game, so your summaries are all we’re going to be go by to get the experience of the fights. The more detailed, the better.

- Also, participation will be on a reward/penalty system. The more you participate, the more fight cards you’ll be involved in. The less you participate, the less times your fighters will be in matches.

- Shaun will update fighter records, champions, rankings, etc after the shows on the TFC website (http://www.traditionfootball.com/tfc/). It will be his and my decision on where a fighter is ranked. If he gets a title shot, etc. Disagree with us? Do something about it. Call out a fighter ranked higher than you on the boards and see if he will fight you. Call out the champ and see if he’ll give you the time of day. Hell, call out the commishes and say you don’t like how your fighter is being treated and you want some respect. Again, we’re trying to make this resemble the real UFC as much as possible.

- Fighter camps will also be allowed. What effect will it have? Honestly, not a whole hell of a lot. But if JMS and Ryno want to hook us as “Team RJ” and their fighters be in the same camp...cool. There is no training or anything like online, but their fighters can be a team. They won’t face each other in matches. And, if it’s in the UFC, it’s in the TFC...so they’re included.

- Some fighters (i.e. BJ Penn) have the ability to fight at different weight classes. Most do not though. Therefore, to be fair, the only time a fighter will be able to fight outside of their weight class is if they dominate their natural weight class (see Anderson Silva in real life). Otherwise, I’d like to keep all the fighters at their natural weight and since I think user matches will be a lot closer than some of Silva’s fights in the UFC, I don’t competition being a problem.

- Created fighters will be incorporated at some point. This is one area that me and Shaun have to explore first though. We don’t want 99ovr created fighters dominating the league. And I’m not sure if created fighters improve online or only in career mode. Also, I’m not sure how it works if one guy uses a created fighter and another doesn’t have him created on his system. We will explore, and come up with a plan to bring them in. I’m pretty sure everyone wants to use themselves or a made up fighter from their own imagination so we will make sure to figure out a way to work this in.

All of these rules are subject to change at any point at the discretion of Shaun or myself. Also, new rules might be made after we have the games in our hands and play it for awhile. It is everyone’s responsibility to follow them if they are going to be a part of, and make the TFC thrive as the top UFC Undisputed fight league.

Now that all that mumbo jumbo is out of the way...if you haven’t already confirmed your spot in the league, please do so in the “Members List” thread. The fighter draft lottery will begin tomorrow.

MATCH OPTIONS AND SETTINGS

All non-title matches will be 3 round.
    All title matches will be 5 rounds.
    Current Difficulty Setting - EXPERIENCED
    (It is the person who sets up the matches responsibility to set this to correctly)

Vs. CPU
    - First and foremost, we will be going on the honor system here. There is no way to tell if you actually beat the cpu or not. I’m hoping everyone will be honest with the match results. We are ALL going to lose to the cpu at some point (and if my exhibitions are any indication, I will a lot). Please be truthful in match results and recap. If anyone is found to lie about results, they will be removed from the league. No questions asked.
    - Please make sure you use the correct settings (rounds, opponent, etc)
    - The venue and ref will be listed in the event card. Again, please use the correct settings. On the fighter selection screen, you can hit the Y button to change everything. It’s probably just for shits & giggles and doesn’t make a world of difference, but again, the league is only what we make it, so let’s all follow along.
    - After the fight, write up a match recap. The more details the better.

Vs. Human
    - 1 person must take control, it doesn’t matter who, but whoever does, follow these steps
    - Go to Xbox live
    - Player match
    - Create Session
    - Set the rounds, weightclass.
    - Fighter privileges - UFC & CAF
    - DLC Fighters - No
    - Match presentation - ON
    - Private - ON
    - Hit Y to set the arena and ref (again will be listed in the event card)
    - Hit the Xbox button in the middle and invite your opponent to the fight
    - Select fighters and off you go
    - After the fight, both parties must write up a match recap. Again, the more details the better.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

We will have alot of information updated on the website too... the forums are the main hub, but the site will be where you can see the current rankings, history of champions, event cards.. etc...

It will resemble the way Tradition Football uses their site and forum.

www.traditionfootball.com/tfc if you havn't seen it yet.

4. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Guest

From the info I've read, created fighters will not improve online. Your created fighter can be taken online only after his offline career is over. Whether these guys will wind up with 99ovr ratings is yet to be seen, but I hope that's not the case.

I would also like to see this incorporated at some point. I guess it's going to depend on how the league participation goes after awhile. A couple options I can see right off the top of my head.

1: People just create their fighters and they get slotted into whatever weight class they happen to be.

2. We decide on a certain weight class and everyone has a created fighter in that class.

I'm OK with either one, but it's my guess #1 would be the favorite with most.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

The create a fighter is definitely something we're going to have to test drive before putting them into the league. If I'm understanding what you said...you have to play a full offline career with them before you can take them online? That would suck. The offline career I think is 7 seasons? That would mean no CAFs for awhile.

As for the 2 options you put up. I think we're going to go with option #1. Once we get the created fighters sorted out, I think it would be better to just intergrate them into the league we already have running. Maybe at some point, we could also do option #2 and everyone have a 2nd created fighter in 1 weight class.

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Guest

A couple of Create A Fighter news items....

CAF's cannot be maxxed out....good news.

CAF's can have tattoos, but if you use a "text" vs a pre-created art (Ie: you type something for use as a tattoo), you cannot take that fighter online. Something to think about when creating your fighter.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

GREAT news!

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

(It is the person who sets up the matches responsibility to set this to correctly)

Vs. CPU
    - First and foremost, we will be going on the honor system here. There is no way to tell if you actually beat the cpu or not. I’m hoping everyone will be honest with the match results. We are ALL going to lose to the cpu at some point (and if my exhibitions are any indication, I will a lot). Please be truthful in match results and recap. If anyone is found to lie about results, they will be removed from the league. No questions asked.
    - The venue and ref will be listed in the event card. Again, please use the correct settings. On the fighter selection screen, you can hit the Y button to change everything. It’s probably just for shits & giggles and doesn’t make a world of difference, but again, the league is only what we make it, so let’s all follow along.

Vs. Human
    - 1 person must take control, it doesn’t matter who, but whoever does, follow these steps
    - Go to Xbox live
    - Player match
    - Create Session
    - DLC Fighters - No
    - Private - ON
    - After the fight, both parties must write up a match recap. Again, the more details the better.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Vs. CPU

Vs. Human
    - Go to Xbox live
    - Player match
    - Create Session
    - DLC Fighters - No
    - Private - ON

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I got it, twice.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

All my fights will be recorded and uploaded.. I will post immediately before my fights, and exactly when they end..

i want Bushido Fighting Systems to be unquestioned when it comes to our honor... :D

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

SWEET!!! Should we make a forum TFC TV like the football leagues have

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I have a fight against the cpu but dont know what difficulty to use.

14. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I asked that same question

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

oh well more time to practice then.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Sorry everyone...thought I had that in the rules. I think we should go with Experienced for these tournaments. I'm pretty sure everyone has atleast 1 cpu fight, so just to get your feet wet, can go with that. After the tournaments, we'll revisit and maybe move it up to Advanced. I will add to to the main rules post

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I have added a new rule to the 1st post (in red). Everyone please read it

No one has been accused of it, and I have fought just about everyone in the league and no one has attempted it. I was actually just notified of it myself. So I am being proavtice and outlawing it before anyone uses it.