TFC Wins Their Third Cup Title - 4/30/11

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Drifterbub, May 1, 2011.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Tradition FC Nabs Another Cup Title
    La Pulga, Dang Spearhead the Attack

Roster
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Name Position[/FONT][/COLOR]
    La Pulga LS[/FONT][/COLOR]
    L. Dang RS[/FONT][/COLOR]
    MR KFC LM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Ryalman RM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    ClutchAce LCM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    TimpeGoose RDM[/FONT][/COLOR]
    JFace RB[/FONT][/COLOR]
    KnightNoles LB[/FONT][/COLOR]
    AJ Hart Any[/FONT][/COLOR]

After struggling a bit the night before, Saturday night's slew of matches started off fairly similar for Tradition FC. Not finding the net and turnovers were holding back offensive opportunities. A few position changes were made and everything started to click a bit better. After being knocked out of the quarter finals once and the semi finals another time, TFC was finally able to start possessing the ball and making things happen.

Round 1:
    Tradition FC 1 - 0
    Goal: Ryalman 36'​

Ball movement and possession opened up a through pass from TimpeGoose that led Ryalman right into the box. Even with the goalie playing the short post, Ryalman zipped it past his head and into the back of the net. AJ Hart and the back line shut out the opposing offense by only conceding one shot on target.​

Quarter Finals:

Tradition FC 3 - 2​

La Pulga, Mr KFC and Dang all put in goals to come back from a 0-2 deficit late in the game. The turning point in this one was when the opposing left back was given a :redcard: and sent off.​

Semi Finals:

Tradition FC 1 - 0​

Goal: Dang 17'​

A timely diagnol run by Dang and an even better ground pass from KnightNoles set up an early goal. AJ, TimpeGoose and KnightNoles did a good job of locking down​

Finale:

Tradition FC 5 - 0 Ruby Red FC​

Goal: ClutchAce 22', La Pulga 35', MR KFC 48', Dang 65', Dang 69'​

Highlights are as follows:​

[medio]146[/medio]​
    ClutchAce does his job and cleans up the trash of a cross from the opposite side. Takes it on the volley and then hammers it just under the cross bar.​

[medio]147[/medio]​
    After picking off a loose ball, Dang busted loose into the box. After the keeper charged, a quick flick to the opposite post found the head of La Pulga for the second goal of the night.​

[medio]148[/medio]
    Dang lofts the ball from just above the midfield line to a streaking MR KFC who is able to hold off the defender and finesse the ball into the left side past the keeper.​

[medio]149[/medio]​
    After making a nice move up the touchline, Ryolman send in a beautiful cross that meets the head of an outstretched Dang to hammer in the fourth goal of the night.​

[medio]150[/medio]​
    KnightNoles fed MR KFC up the sideline and after a double move, MR KFC was able to send the ball curling towards the back post. After moving inside the defender, Dang was able to head it straight into the net.​

• Like Like x 3
  2. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    @Jmustang1968

Do you think we can get some version of this up on the main page to bring some attention to the Tradition FC club?

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yes I could

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What is this Drifter?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    This is how I explained it to mustang:

6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Congrats boys. Wish I could have been there for a cup final. I have yet to be apart of one. Hopefully, it's not because I am doing something wrong. ;)

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

done

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Man we raped those guys in the final match. They knew they were done half way through the first half, and we didn't let up and give them any hope. Quite possibly our best game as a club ever and it was a final. Also I think we were undefeated in league matches last night to start the season.

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You guys do know that you spoiled me right? Winning a cup on my first day playing clubs means that I'm gonna expect a lot more in the future.

10. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, the team has been playing really well.. Makes these games much funner when the team has some success. Everyone really has been staying in their positions and helping out on defense. Having competent Center Defensive Midfielders, Left Backs and Right Backs sure makes defending a ton easier (Yes, that was a shot at the CPU :)). I still haven't played with the keeper I keep hearing about, I can just imagine how well we would do with him back there. These goals our CPU keeper give up are laughable at times.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Looks really fun, congrats guys