TFL Creation Center Fantasy League

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by hedache, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hedache

hedache Walk On

With the reserve league idea not going through anymore, here is an alternative league I will run if I get enough attendance. Based on the confirmations from reserve league thread, I feel like we should have enough.

This is a fantasy custom built roster league with the use of creation center. It’s not really a draft. We ran something similar in the first season of the transfer league, but this is also not a transfer league. Just a filler season until FIFA13, and also a preparation for a possible newly structured transfer league.

Here are some highlights:
    • You will have 1400 total player rate points to spend for 20 players in your roster.
    • Each team can have (1) 80-84, (2) 75-79, (2) 70-74 rated players. Rest of your squad has to be 69 and lower.
    • Minimum points to spend for a player will be 67. (Meaning you are free to sign a 50 rated player, but it will take 67 out of your available points)
    • This is not going to be a draft, everyone will build their 20 player roster and PM me before a deadline.
    • A player can only be signed by one team in the competition.
    • Players of high interest may result in more than one team trying to sign them. We will run a silent auction style offer for these occasions. Let's say Nessi (83) is targeted by 3 teams. You can try to sign him as Nessi (83). But knowing that Nessi is of high interest, you are allowed to sign him with more points than he is, like Nessi (83) +2, making it a 85 offer. If more than one team tries to sign Nessi, the team with highest offer will take him. Tie breaker will be your available points left after signing 20 players.
    • I will post more details on this, like how many G,D,M,F requirements there are and things like that once I know there is interest to run this quickly before FIFA13.
    • There will be a limit of 8 teams, so availability to compete is limited. We will have a wait list to take over teams that are stranded mid season.
    • Those that have confirmed can start working on their rosters. Do not send me anything yet. I will have to finalize my roster application before any of you PM me so I can objectively be fair and not get influenced by any of your choices, nor have the ability to increase my bid for a player that I may not be getting in the case someone has a higher bid.
    • When you are preparing your roster, try to include as much info as possible for me to be able to find them easily on creation center. Sometimes it's hard to find players with the name mostly because of non US letters in their names. So for Ronaldo something like this would be nice: Ronaldo (POR/BBVA/Real Madrid/F/90) +3. Ofcourse no one will have Ronaldo since we are not using such high rated players.
    • We will only be using licensed players of creation center. When you find a licensed player in creation center, in some occasions there may be inconsistencies with the ratings displayed. When you first find the player, there's a little OVR 00 rating on the corner of his picture. This is more likely to be the most accurate rating. When you go into his details, his overall may show different. When he is added to a team, it also may show a different rating. I will try to confirm most accurate rating for players from the latest online rosters to match that initial OVR 00 value when you find a player.
    Confirmed:
    hedache
    Selvy9
    Michael Woodward
    shootah66
    Virulentmeteor5
    KoG CHEESEDIP
    Jon MK

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

You will send me your roster in the following format:

(4-1-2-1-2)
    1. Lopez Montáná (CHI/Bundesliga/Dortmund/F/74)
    2. John Johansonn (SWE/Barclays/Stoke/M/71) +2
    3. Some Shitassrated (PER/BBVA2/Levante/D/62)
    4. Weirdo Characteristico * (GER/Bundesliga/Wolfsburg/M/64)

Notes to remember:
    • Any player rated 67 or less takes out 67 (+ any you want to add) points from your total available to spend on your roster.
    • Try to copy paste exact names as spelled in creation center with special characters such as "á" and others, this will make it easier for me to find them. If you can't and there is a special character, put a * like I did in example 4 so that I know I am not looking for that exact name.
    • Have at least two goalies in your roster.
    • The order of your players should be listed matching your formation in the game so that you won't have to rearrange it before every game. For the above 41212 formation, send your list in the order you would most likely start your team: 1.GK 2.RB 3.CB 4.CB 5.LB 6.CDM 7.RM 8.LM 9.CAM 10. ST 11.ST ... 12. and later doesn't really matter in terms of order.
    • I will add notes as I remember.

Below is the link to the
    UNOFFICIAL ROSTERS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Armv9HIBEf_AdENDRm5oSFVPNEhrWHN1ZHJoUmpKR0E
    * Jon MK still needs to adjust his roster because he didn't calculate the rates correctly.
    * I will resolve a contract conflict for Jewsbury through PM.

I need everyone to take a look at other people's rosters to check if I missed any players that are signed by more than one team please.

I also created the tournament in Creation Centre:
    Login at http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre
    Go to Tournament Search
    Search by Author: mrhedache
    Our tournament name: Tradition Fancy
    Bookmark it!
    Launch FIFA12 on XBOX and download the tournament at Creation Center from Customize.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. hedache

hedache Walk On

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Sure why not.

5. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

No thanks

6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I'm totally in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

hedache

If you're going based on a copy and paste, the least you could do is reformat the list in alphabetical order. Now, I know you appreciate constructive criticism, so you are quite welcome.

Sorry bud, this looks like a good idea, just always short on time during the summer months. Hopefully we can link up on late night friendly one of these nights.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

count me in

10. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

11. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

sounds fun

12. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Sorry but I'm going to miss this.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

means you're in I suppose? based on the fact you were in for the reserve league idea...

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

We already have 6 so we are at least having a small season with those confirmed already.

Any questions on roster preparations, ask here or in a PM. You can use fake player names for giving examples in some situations to keep your interest undisclosed.

UPDATE ON TOP POST!

• Those that have confirmed can start working on their rosters. Do not send me anything yet. I will have to finalize my roster application before any of you PM me so I can objectively be fair and not get influenced by any of your choices, nor have the ability to increase my bid for a player that I may not be getting in the case someone has a higher bid.
    • When you are preparing your roster, try to include as much info as possible for me to be able to find them easily on creation center. Sometimes it's hard to find players with the name mostly because of non US letters in their names. So for Ronaldo something like this would be nice: Ronaldo (POR/BBVA/Real Madrid/F/90) +3. Ofcourse no one will have Ronaldo since we are not using such high rated players.
    • We will only be using licensed players of creation center. When you find a licensed player in creation center, in some occasions there may be inconsistencies with the ratings displayed. When you first find the player, there's a little OVR 00 rating on the corner of his picture. This is more likely to be the most accurate rating. When you go into his details, his overall may show different. When he is added to a team, it also may show a different rating. I will try to confirm most accurate rating for players from the latest online rosters to match that initial OVR 00 value when you find a player.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  15. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

So which ratings do we need to go by? I am at 1401 points (although I have players just below 67 but with it bumped up to 67, I go over to 1401) and a playing I want has a rating on his picture of 84.....When I click on his picture and look at his ratings, it changes down to an 83. If it is an 83, then I am right on the 1400 threshold.....If it's the 84, I am over by 1. The odds can't be that good of that happening but they have so which is it?

16. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

17. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

And I've spent som time constructing my ideal squad and scout some players via cm with updated rosters... How will we know who is out bidding who and what not?

18. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I'm out. Time constraints.

19. hedache

hedache Walk On

You won't, it's silent. If you think there would be interest on a certain player, put an extra 1-2 on him. I will try to explain when/if we get one more and up to 8 and ready to submit rosters officially.

We are going with the little OVR 00 in the initial picture, that's the real value in the game in most (all so far) cases. Their ratings show all different and messed up once they're in your creation center team but we don't/can't care about when it comes to the initial claiming a player process.

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

Remember this? We will have 2 goalies enforced in the roster to make it realistic. I decided not to worry about the other numbers since I don't see anyone claiming 18 forwards or something, it'll be somewhat evenly distributed regardless. We will have strict card suspensions (even for yellows) and injuries to force roster cycling. So build your team wisely having backups for most spots around the team. And remember, all of us have maximum of 5 players that are over 70, so don't panic that your team isn't good enough. All teams will probably end up similar, and there are enough players in the world to fill the need for 8 teams.

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

22. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Question. You keep talking about going through creation center to find the players. Can I not just go through team rosters in the game and find the players I want? The CC website sucks, a lot, or maybe its my computer, but half the time it freezes and the other half it takes 5 minutes to respond to a click. If I have to use the website, I'm probably going to have to drop out because I'm not going to spend half my day waiting for the site to load. I have a general idea of which players I want, can't I just find them in the FIFA rosters and send you a list?

23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You can do that, it's just some of the players on the game aren't on creation center. One of my players was like that at least. And it's definitely your computer if its going that slow because I don't have that problem. But yeah, I doubt hedache would have a problem if you made a list from the game and then sent it to him. He would let you know if you had to make chances. Just make sure you know the information that he wants to know for finding them on the site.

24. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

yea I don't know why, no one else seems to have a problem. Tried it on my laptop and my mac, on chrome, IE, firefox... that site just hates me.

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Maybe it's your internet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.