TFL half length

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by Randiesel75, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

TFL half length

TFL team owners,

As our fixtures dictate 2 qualifying matches per week (Tuesday and Friday), I am more inclined to play on 10 minute halves. I am now 5 games into My Live Season in 2 separate leagues (Bundesliga and Barclays Premier League) and find the best match results on 10 minute halves. It really forces less aggressive play style as you will be exhausted in latter parts of the game if you abuse sprinting. Personally, I feel this forces a more paced / build-up attacking style that simulates realism.

I am opening up this thread for team owners to debate. Please, fire away...

2. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Hey I ma easy mate. (is there a way to turn sprinting off) lmao

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Id prefer 8 minutes. Players seem to get fatigued quickly enough with 8 minutes and the time required to play two matches= 1 game of NCAA I would think. As long as we arent having 2 hour sessions Im happy with it.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

8 or 10, doesn't matter much to me. If I had to pick I would say 10.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i vote 10

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I updated the OP for the TFL with more details. If you haven't seen this, we are only playing 2 matches per week. This is not going to be run like last year whereas you played the same opponent back-to-back switching grounds. If you kick my ass (which is highly likely), why in the world would I want to start another game immediately following. The best bet, like in the real world, would be for me to plan better for the next time we meet further along in the fixture.

To that effect, this is precisely why I am looking to push this to 10 minutes halves. Having 2 games per week at 10 minutes halves is ideal, no?

7. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

i say 10.

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

10 seems a bit much to me.. I'm just afraid we might see some crooked scores. I'm all for the realism of the match with the stamina and all but how real will it be when we see scorelines of 7-2?? I played a couple more friendly's last night against pagamer on 8mn halves and that still seemed long but ok. I understand most guys here want 10 and i'm cool with that but just thought i'd give my 2 cents anyway.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

10 would be ideal IMO after playing 3 friendlies with 10 minute halves.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I'm down for 10 min halves, but if I'm not mistaken, the fatigue depletes based on the accelerated 90 minute game clock. Meaning that if you played two minutes halves and sprinted for 4 minutes, your player would be just as tired as playing 90 minutes of nanosprint.

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I disagree. As I've changed my play style to sprint less (always playing on 10), I have considerable amount more in each players tank at the end of the match, typically when I need it most.

12. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I don't mind 8 or ten. At the end of the day if 1 player is far better or has the luck etc the half length wont matter that much as unrealistic scores can happen for many reasons. That being said I played 2 10 min half game with basis last night that ended
    1 - 2 and 3 - 2 I have also played 6 min halves with guys and lost 3 - 0 so I am a of thought it's just down to preference. I also understand the fatigue discussion and it does bring a more thinking mans game to the table I feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.