TFL: L1 Season 2 Match Results

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by The Richuation, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TFL 2011 Season-2 League 1 Match Results

Posting Match Results
    It is the responsibility of the winning club owner to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match. In the event of a draw, the responsibility then falls onto the home club.​

NEW for season-2 is we are now required to capture both assists and the man of the match.

Example:

===================
    Week-3 (matchday 6)

Villarreal (2) v Everton (1)

Villarreal
    :goal:Nilmar (39)
    :goal:Rossi (90)

Assists:
    Bruno
    Capdevilla

:yellowcard:Marchena (73)​

Man of the Match:
    Capdevilla

Everton
    :goal:Cahill (77)

Assists:
    Saha

:yellowcard:Heitinga (51)
    :redcard:Coleman (70)
    ====================

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

Week-1 Matchday 2

Galatasaray (2) v Fulham (1)

Galatasaray
    20 Elano [​IMG]
    83 H. Kewell [​IMG]

Assists
    Baros (2)

Man of the Match
    L. Cana 8.0

Fulham
    20 J.Paintsil [​IMG]
    73 B. Zamora [​IMG]

13-Shots-9
    8-SOT-6
    61%-Possession-39%
    21-Tackles-21
    1-Fouls-3

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We have our first result... [​IMG]

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

We are proud to have played the first game of the new season. It was a good game.

Galatasaray shut down Fulham offense for majority of the game until around 70th minute, while getting some decent chances. Then the usual problems in Galatasaray system arose and last 20 minutes was Fulham showing a lot of pressure and being able to put the game more into Galatasaray's half, where they were awarded their effort with a goal. Luckily Galatasaray was able to respond in the little time left after the goal the allowed to secure their first win of the season.

Game winning goal:

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

@hedache

great game, in a 0-1 hole now thanks! lol

I just know if I keep getting the equalizer like I did I will concede a goal late in the game and lose, I can never hold a tie or lead. *Damn*

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week-1 (matchday 1)

Benfica (4) v Borussia Dortmund (1)

Possession 50/50
    Shots
    Benfica 11/10 On Target
    Dortmund 11/8 On Target

Benfica
    :goal:Aimar (13)
    :goal:David Luiz (56)
    :goal: Oscar Cardozo (65)
    :goal: Oscar Cardozo (67)

Assists:
    Aimar​
    Carlos Martins​
    Roberto​
    Gaitan​

:yellowcard:Luisao (8)​

Man of the Match:
    David Luiz 8.4​

Borussia Dortmund
    :goal:M. Gotze (82)

Assists:
    Blaszczykowski​

Great game Krebstar. Was much closer than the score suggests as you can see from the stats. He got unlucky with a few chances, and I got extremely lucky on Cardozo's first goal. Accidentally punted the ball as soon as the keeper got it and he happened to get in behind the defense and finished.​

7. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

totally lost..i had beautiful oppertunity's and i f'd them up :( sad face, good match wick

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - Bordeaux 0

The first game I had a 2-0 lead, then something weird happened so we ended up playing it again.

Possession 51:50
    Shots/OnTarget 17/7:9/2
    Tackles 25:28
    Fouls 3:7

'22 Yellow Card Ciani
    '35 Yellow Card Plasil
    '75 Goal KaBling
    '84 Yellow Card Ballack

9. Wick36

Yeah, good game. I messed up some good opportunities as well... I missed a few of those bends by like a foot.

10. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

And i had chances where it would only be me by the goal D: i should have bended :(

11. Wick36

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

You're a defender you're not supposed to be good at finishing anyway ;) just kidding man, sounds like it was a good game though.

13. Wick36

Borussia 2 - Leverkusen 1

Ballack scored my goal off of a header off of a free kick.

14. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Week 1 - Match Day 2

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund

Bayer Leverkusen
    [​IMG]Ballack (66)

Assists:
    Barnetta

[​IMG]Vidal (90)

Borussia Dortmund
    [​IMG]Barrios (9,36)

Assists:
    Sahin
    Götze

15. Krebstar425

Whoa. A little eager?

16. Wick36

Just wanted to get the information down because I forgot to do this before I exited out of the game so I didn't remember the other stuff off the top of my head.

Again, good game. At the end, I think I found a formation I really like with this set of players. Almost had a few opportunities but I got muscled real hard or I couldn't quite get em off, good defense on your part. Out of curiosity, what are the work rates like for your players? Seems like you always have a lot of guys forward.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Krebstar425

My forward and three up midfielders all are set on 'high' for attacking. As well as one of my more holding midfielders, but he's high on defense as well. I'm afraid that is the only information I can give you. [​IMG]

But really, I've just tweaked that formation for awhile after playing through MM with BVB as well.

Also, Ballack's header was a beauty.

18. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

1 Everton - Hamburg 0

:goal:Tim Cahill 42' (A - Phil Neville)

:yellowcard:Marouane Fellaini 50'

[​IMG]
    Sylvain Distin made sure that Everton would come out on top in a match where defense seemed to be a key theme. Ball winning and strong tackling garnered the Frenchman man of the match honors as he was an integral part in helping Tim Howard earn his first clean sheet in his first game of this campaign.

"In matches prior to the start of the season, Sylvain was on the bench," Everton manager, Darlon explained. "With an undersized backline, I felt we needed a dominant force present to solidify an already stingy defence. I knew all about his strength back when he played for me at Pompey. So I decided to stray away from my tried and true 4-1-2-1-2 in order to get him on the pitch. With the formation we run now, they are able to perform at their full potential and we have a lot more depth added to our lineup. And Distin also proved that he belonged out there today."

Everton was able to squeak by Hamburg when Tim Cahill cleaned up a deflection off of a Louis Saha strike for the game's lone goal. Phil Neville was credited with the assist.

The one blemish to Everton's quality start was a yellow card given to defensive midfielder Marouane Fellaini much to the dismay of the Goodison Park faithful.

19. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Week 1 - Match Day 2

Hamburg SV 0 - 2 Zenit St.Petersburg

Zenit. St.Petersburg
    :goal:Zyryanov(3)
    :goal:Bukharov (88)
    Assists:
    Bukharov
    Danny

Man of the Match
    Anyukov & Zyryanov Tied

A tough midfield battle and I was a bit lucky to grab the late goal to seal it. If I didn't get it I think an equalizer was going to be found with all of the pressure he was putting on me towards the end. Good game elprez and good luck the rest of the way.

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

Cold blooded Lions get out of St. Pete alive, 1-0.

Zenith - Galatasaray
    0 Goals 1​
    6 Shots 6​
    4 Target 3​
    47% Possession 53%​
    10 Tackles 15​
    3 Fouls 4​
    0 :yellowcard: 1​
    0 :redcard: 0​
    0 Injuries 1​

Galatasaray: 40' :goal: A. Turan​
    Galatasaray: 68' :yellowcard: M. Baros​

Notes: Lorik Cana was selected Man of the Match yet again with a 7.8 rating. He is proving to be a key member in the midfield helping both offense and defense with his non stop energy.

Zenith started the game strong but Harry Kewell was brought down in the box which lead to the game's only goal from a penalty kick. Galatasaray started the second half strong, kept possesion of the ball and was able to settle in Zenith's half creating some chances. Misimovic's header rebounded off the post in front of Baros and he was only able to nail it on the post for a second time, which would have sealed a win.

Zenith was able to rebound back in the later part of second half putting incredible pressure on the Turkish side. Had many opportunities that were great chances to tie the game but couldn't capitalize. Galatasaray defense was just clearing the ball to half line and crossing their fingers in the last 5 minutes of the game. The final whistle was great relief for millions of Turkish fans in front of their TVs.

Arda Turan PK

Misimovic and Baros hits the post.

21. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

0 Benfica - Everton 2

[​IMG] Saha 49'
    [​IMG] Saha 56'

Leon Osman - 2 assists

MOTM - Javi Garcia

[​IMG]

Tim Howard pencils another clean sheet as Everton win their second game of the season. After a goalless first half where possession favored the Portuguese side, Leon Osman and Louis Saha link up to create two goals for the visiting side. Osman fed Saha the ball down the left wing and the French forward displayed some class ball handling that gave the Benfica backline fits as he dribbled through all four of them for a point blank strike that keeper Roberto had no chance of stopping. Seven minutes later, the 5'8" midfielder decided to take on centre back Luisao at the edge of the box with some pushing and managed to send an off balanced cross to a poaching Saha to give him his second goal of the game.

22. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

===================
    Week-2 (matchday 4)

Hamburg SV (2) v Galatasaray (0)

Hamburg
    :goal:Guerrero (20)
    :goal:Elia (36)

Assists:
    Demel

Man of the Match:
    Westermann
    ====================

23. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Fulham beats Hamburg, 1-0.

Fulham - Hamburg
    1 Goals 0​
    12 Shots 8​
    6 Target 3​
    43% Possession 57%​
    11 Tackles 19​
    1 Fouls 1​
    0 :yellowcard: 0​
    0 Injuries 0​
    0 Offsides 3​
    0 Corners 1​

Fulham: 48' :goal: Zamora <-- Murphy​

Zamora: 6.7​
    Dempsey: 6.1​
    Duff: 6.3​
    Etuhu: 6.5​
    Murphy: 7.0
    Davies: 5.8​
    Salcido: 6.6​
    Hangeland: 5.5​
    Hughes: 7.0
    Paintsil: 6.3​
    Schwarzer: 6.7​

24. hedache

hedache Walk On

Week 2 - Match Day 4​
    Galatasaray takes an unpleasant cold shower in Hamburg

Hamburg SV - Galatasaray
    2 Goals 0​
    7 Shots 8​
    4 Target 4​
    47% Possession 53%​
    21 Tackles 14​
    0 Fouls 1​
    0 :yellowcard: 0​
    2 Offsides 0​
    0 Corners 3​

Hamburg: 20' :goal: 9. P. Guerrero​
    Hamburg: 36' :goal: 11. E. Elia (Demel)​

Notes: H. Westermann was selected man of the match with a 7.6 rating.

These two teams faced each other so many times, there's some special history forming between these two sides with Galatasaray having the edge on scores. That was not the story on Thursday night. The man in front of the Hamburg net stood big, when he didn't, the posts did or the lack of Galatasaray's finishing abilities.

"Germany has a huge Turkish population, when we visit German teams, it's like home. In fact it's worse than home. My players were focused on signing jerseys and balls, taking pictures with the fans, rather than beating a Hamburg side that we know we can. We did not come out there prepared, and the other side came extra prepared. That made the difference. I want to say it will not happen again, but it's in any Turkish team's characteristics to behave like this. When you win 2 games in a row, you need to realize it's not the top of the world." said manager Hedache in the post game press conference. We are sure he said a lot more than that in the locker rooms since no one came out of the locker rooms for an extra 30 minutes after the game.

Like the coach mentioned, Hamburg started great. They seemed like they had possession until Galatasaray's attacks started. And the first few chances were denied giving Hamburg fans a chance to take a breath. Then came Guerrero's goal followed by a pretty bicycle kick from Elia. From there on it was ahhhs and ohhhs for these two sides. Galatasaray put pressure but could not finish to save their lives. And a very solid Hamburg defence kept these chances to very much less than it could have been with their successful tackles.

For the native Turkish fans, there is always the second leg to look forward to in Istanbul. Imtech Arena was not the best memories from this season.

Guerrero

Elia with the possible highlight of the week

25. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Damn guys, it's tough to do a League 1 Week 2 preview when you all have your games done before I start working on it.. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.