TFL Man League Complaints

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by ryalaman, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I don't mean to be that guy, but if we're posting up the results anyway, why can't it just be run offline? The ingame league is just really inconvenient for me.

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The benefit of the online feature is to allow us to jump on and play. Not schedule two games per week. With the summer months upon us, this is the direction we have decided to go. If this goes well, I am sure we will see this become an offically run league. Honestly, it doesn't matter if you post the results or not. This was just added in to give us a hub for league discussion, separate from the discussion of the league format. And now, our first post is league format.

How could the league feature be inconvenient? It allows you to knock out 3 games in a night if you want. because of the 30 second limit to change formations? These are 3 star teams and moving your 69 CM to CDM to bump the 65 rated guy, to make room for the 71 rated RW... This really isn't about all that. We are trying to gauge manual interest in a season format to see who is into this and who the core manual players are for "real" leagues going forward. It is also an opportunity for us to practice and test our manual skills over 20+ games.

What this league should not be, is more insane kamikaze tackle-fests that ruin the experience. If you are looking to hold A+B then head on over to ranked matches and beat the shit out of someone. Let's get back to our TSO roots here and play some SIM style. respectable games.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

This is why myself and Blaza have been banned from participating in the league.. The question I have is why is ryalaman and JFace allowed to play?? :p

4. AJ Hart MN

Not to be a party pooper and I hope it doesn't happen but I can see the overly aggressive behavior being more of an issue on manual.. It's tougher to make quick and precise passes and still be accurate. I know @hedache surely abuses the hell out of it. :oops:

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Haha... you guys were not banned... and look, i can't police this. I think FIFA12 has some items in place that will help. I'm am just encouraging SIM style.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The SIM thing is weird to me. One because pressure beaten and two when you press without a purpose, a good player will tear you apart (sorry Huskie). Barcelona is the best team of the generation and they are noted for their pressing style. When they lose the ball, they press as a unit to get it back. Just google "Barcelona Pressing" and see how many articles pop up. :)

http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/matc...arcelonas-pressing-and-passing-vs-arsenal-fc/

If you panic and dont know where you are going with the ball, yes pressure will kill you, but if you relax and connect on your passes you will be fine IMHO. Heavy pressing leaves holes all over the defense. Its up to the offense to find them and exploit them. Just my opinion of course...maybe I'm missing something.

7. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

when are matches?

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The league is being administered through the online league function of the game. Which means you need to login to the online league and invite other league members to play. This is all on your clock, whenever you want. If you want to play 2 games a week, thats fine. If you want to play 4 games a night, thats fine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Sorry if I offended in some way, I really didn't mean to. I'm fine with the playing as many games in a night thing that you were saying... but running it offline shouldn't make that impossible. I just like the ability to save formations and all of that. I mean, if we're gonna play (even if it doesn't mean as much as the PL or L1) then I'd still like to win.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

With 16 Teams, and we play a home and home against each team, that calls for a 30 game season. At 3 games per week, that puts us on a 10 week schedule. Lets assume 4 teams quit, That reduces us down to 8 weeks or so. Thats two months to see if this manual control is a viable option for league play.

Personally, I would love to everyone jumping on and playing each other all week. Busting out games and enjoying themselves. Keep in mind that this league was nearly scrapped due to trying to make everyone happy.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

You are not offending. Trying to get this up and running has proved difficult and that is the tone you are sensing. We have a small group that wants to play alot of games. Setting up through the online league allows us to do this. I understand the limitations and how they are a pain with formations and players. Honestly though, 30 seconds is plenty of time to make some changes.

12. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Get this man a beer and put it on my tab.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

What you are missing is that if every team was able to pressure crazy for 90 minutes (like in FIFA), every team would be a Barcelona and we wouldn't be talking about Barcelona. Obviously Barcelona does this because they have players with the skill and strength, and yet the game lets you apply this kind of pressure pretty much with any team where the system breaks. There's no fatigue for running around like chicken and not leaving space. Other than that, I don't mind the high pressure, that means you are leaving me space behind your defense. The fact that I may not be able to finish becomes my problem ofcourse.

I think I am somewhat accomplishing precise passes even on manual but the manual part ofcourse slows down then response time, as in you can't just tap the pass and it will go where you expect it to go. Also one time passes have a huge chance of being very inaccurate in some cases (as mentioned in FIFA 12 News thread). I don't know if I'd call it abuse since it's not fully assisted and if you are not precise with the analog even on semi it won't work perfectly. Give me some credit for the nice plays please ;)

14. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Just to add to the Barcelona can do it, why shouldn't we all do it in FIFA...

They also hold an insane amount of possession which allows them to rest. They pass the ball around more than they pressure. Plus, their intense pressure can often catch up with them as against top quality sides, they often tire near the end of matches.

So, they can pressure so much because they do it in short spurts, but even they do tire out eventually. And @hedache said it best, if everyone did it we wouldn't be talking about them. They're an exception, not the norm.

Plus, in FIFA, there are different kinds of high pressure. There is the closing down opponents, as Barcelona does, or there is the sprint after the ball no matter what at all times no matter where the ball is. Forget containing, I can hit A and tackle their ass!

15. hedache

hedache Walk On

In most cases, the online league feature ends up the same way. It looks like open schedule is easier, but it really isn't. Targeting specific opponents is always easier. All this is for the future, the current manual is already set up and it's too late for that one, so please listen.

Like in this season, I can see completing my games against @elprez98 @krebstar @Darlon and a couple more within a few days. That would give me more than 4-5 games just in one week. But then there comes the hard part. These are guys I play on a regular basis night in night out. For the rest of the league, there's a chaotic situation. I'll be targeting to play you let's say, you'll be targeting to play jface, jface is waiting to see if bryan is online and blah blah. Way more organized to follow a schedule where I know I'm playing x and y, and x and y also knows they're playing me and we're focused on getting those games in, rather than people randomly looking out to get some games in.

And I am with ryal on being able to have my formation and squad ready before the game rather than trying to figure out who goes where. And it does make a difference with these teams. The minute I change the default formation, everyone is everywhere. You need to figure out who goes where, not to mention better fit players for that position and formation might even be on the bench. In my case, memorizing all the combinations that I have to do like go up twice hit a go down down down hit a, hit right hit down a, etc... If I do it all quickly and right, that leaves me 5-6 seconds max. That's without player roles, where every corner and freekick I have to go select from the list in the game. So after all it can be inconvenient for those anal ones like me and some I guess.

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

This has already been voted on by our league leadership and was shot down.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Barcelona real life press and FIFA go go gadget legs from 5 yards away, the offensive player has a seizure press are completely different.

18. AJ Hart MN

I've basically played everyone in the league except Brian and the only one who really pressed was Huskie and I didn't have a problem with that at all. He knew by playing that way could get him burned and he learned from it and now he plays different.

I can honestly say that I haven't seen any unsim play here. I guess I don't know why this whole kamikaze reference keeps being brought up. I don't see it against me but maybe people play differently against different guys.. I would hope everyone plays a fair, Sim game but I guess some think they don't always see that. I really hope if anyone has a issue with what I'm doing, they would at least bring it to my attention so I can at least address it.

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah i would certainly hope someone would bring it to my attention if i was pressing too much. I realize there are times that i get aggresive with Tevez but thats the type of player he is. A little bulldog.

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am not saying that anyone in particular is pressing too much. I was only giving a reminder of what TSO is here for, an Oasis from the hell that are ranked matches. That goes for all sports.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

All of these setting arguments are getting on my last nerve. And this "all manual" league IMO is getting in the way of the league setup that has been established.

If you want to run the PL and L1 as a manual league, then just do it.... and please, everybody stop bitching and enjoy the game. There are FAR many less ways to cheese in FIFA than in NCAA yet i hear SO MUCH COMPLAINING it's borderline whining at this point.

I took my beating last year... didn't say a damn word... worked hard on my game by playing more and now i feel like I'm playing better, more intelligent soccer and I'm getting better results. But I feel like im not even playing in the league that everyone cares about because you have this "Manual League"... such a crock. PLEASE EVERYONE GET ON THE SAME DAMN PAGE

• Like Like x 1
  22. hedache

hedache Walk On

Yes I realize that but you also mentioned something about "If this goes well, I am sure we will see this become an offically run league.", so that's why I said "not for this but for future considerations". Your league leadership may have voted already but it wouldn't hurt to listen to more facts. And on top of that, I don't see anyone supporting the idea other the league leadership. That encourages me to express my opinions since I'm not the lone guy on this.

23. hedache

hedache Walk On

I like the PL/L1 most and wouldn't trade it for any other setting. I think that format and rules are almost perfect. I would have preferred if you guys stuck with 4* like when I first joined but I don't care much about the so called stars (if you couldn't already tell). I look at my campaign with Istanbul BB in a way like "it can only make me better".

I think all manual was an excitement and some people probably have wet dreams of all manual replacing semi for PL/L1, but my opinion is that wouldn't be a good idea for the league's future. It will push more people away than attract. At the same time as cute as the manual league interest is, I agree that it's distracting the PL/L1 atmosphere. My first impressions were that it would be a side thing with 6 to 8 people. Before you know it, there were 17-18 people supposedly interested (and yet I keep playing friendlies with the same 3-4 every night).

@RynoAid I understand your frustration, I hope people focus on the right things and understand that the manual thing is to fill in your extra time from your PL/L1 activity. And you may look like you're playing better, but if I had AC Milan I would feel like I'm playing better too. Now STOP RIGHT THERE before you get pissy, cos that was just a joke to see if it was really your last nerve that the manual thing was getting on, or if there was anything left. Breathe in breathe out, juuust a joke.

24. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

:yellowcard:
    :yellowcard::redcard:

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Is that a second yellow and not a direct red? If it was Ryno, I bet that would have been a direct suspension :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.