TFL State of the Leagues

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by The Richuation, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TFL Members,

As we come to the final week of season 2, I wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know where we stand and where we are headed as we move into season 3. I first wanted to congratulate League 1 for a very successful season where we saw some new contenders join the TFL and a diverse group of playstyles create discussions all season. Also, I would like to point out the timeliness of League 1 in completing matches. When the season ended almost two weeks ago, every match was completed. Well Done.

The Premier League will be wrapping up this Thursday and as of this writing there are a number of unplayed matches. Hopefully, releasing some of the less interested members will alleviate this issue for season 3. To streamline the league scheduling, we have made some minor changes for season 3:

10 PL Members
    10 L1 Members

This will allow for a mirrored schedule window for both leagues. We also are removing the make up weeks, as they seem to cause a loss of momentum during the season. In it's place, we will have an open, rolling thread of unplayed matches. This change is not intended to allow fully open scheduling for less available members. There should never be more that 2-3 unplayed matches at any given time.

To point out the importance of keeping our matches current, look at our current league. We have championships up for grabs and relegation up for grabs at this point. However, we are so far behind in matches, its impossible to post some cool content highlighting these battles. We should be up to date and have an article posting these battles that would create excitement and discussion accross both leagues as we wait for the final results of Week 11. However, that has been lost this season. I won't drone on, I think we all get the point. This league is as much about competition as it is about community. Remember what has made our NCAA leagues so strong.

Moving on... Here are some items that will stay the same:

Semi-Assisted
    10 Min Matches
    Normal Speed
    3 Promotion/Relegation Spots
    Champions League

We will also be keeping track of goals and cards through our scheduling tool, League Republic. We should have more readily available stats on a weekly basis.

And finally, I would like to introduce our leadership team for Season 3 and beyond:

TFL Director: @Randiesel75
    PL Commish: @The Richuation
    PL Content: @AJ Hart MN
    L1 Commish: @niuhuskie224
    L1 Content: @Krebstar425

Remember, we have a great thing going here and it will only get stronger in time. Randiesel just had the TFL created around 4-5 months ago. The structure we have created is a great start, but we will surely have more to come. We have rumors of future MLS leagues, possibilities of a transfer league, and we have had discussions of expansion to a L2 once FIFA12 drops. With all that said, if you need anything or are having issues please reach out to your leadership team. We want to create a positive and consistent community for years to come.

:goal:Thanks again everyone and get ready for Season 3 fixutres dropping Friday!

• Like Like x 7
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I would like to make a slight adjustment to Season 3... Unplayed matches will not be awarded points based on "scheduling effort."

Unplayed matches will be zero points for both teams.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Seeing as there is no assigned makeup week, and they can be made up as we go i think this is more than fair (y)

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

So if you don't want to risk giving away 3 points to your opponent, just don't schedule and you're good huh? :D

I think for unplayed matches, we should open a seperate thread and whoever posts more should get the win.

Or we can let both sides post bunch of stuff, and then set up a poll on who should get the win, kinda like a debate :p

Richuation has the idea though, if you didn't play the game, I guess it wouldn't make sense to get 3 points.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I agree, I had a couple of unplayed matches in season two.. The first was last week when I tagged my opponent 3 different times yet was ignored. Should I keep tagging so I can be ignored again? This week, I was scheduled to play yesterday, sent a alert to my opponent who frankly decided to not answer said alert and not get on live at all..

It's the responsibility of all the guys to make themselves accessable if you plan on being in a league. It's not my job to chase you around. Have the courtesy to at least answer an alert, not just from some of the guys, but from all the guys.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I see you have a real difficulty in grasping things around here. Typically decisions need to be redefined in layman terms, just for you. Let me be clear, this was a broadcast message to the club owners of how things will be run. We were not looking for opinions or snide remarks followed by your classic emoticon.

Grow up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.