TFL: The Futbol Show (Online Multiplayer Franchise Mode)

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by hedache, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hedache

hedache Walk On

Here, I even kinda named it :p
    I will just post my initial thoughts about this here as a record from the other thread so we can keep talking about this here and leave the other thread for NIU to organize things. Although not much left there.

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I would be doing most of the development if not all.
    I think it would be smart to have a squad manager. (AJ maybe?)
    To make things easier for the squad manager, each person can post their squads in a specific format to a google excel sheet, and then squad manager can upload those appropriately to our franchise player pool with the tools I provide.
    So work wise, I will need pretty minimal work from beta testers (let's call guys like you that).
    Beta testers can post opinions about different things as we go such as multipliers for player fees or admission income, etc.
    So if you're not a staff member like a squad manager role, it should be a relatively simpler job to be a beta tester. We'll just need your game activity most of the time, and play your games timely so we can move on in a healthy way.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'd be interested in assisting in the testing for this.
    The transfers seem like it would be a tough thing to work out, I feel like a lot of people who just sit on their hands. You did propose a solution for this, but, I'm not completely sure I fully understand how it would work (Reading comprehension fail, probably).

In some ways of doing fantasy sports, you use real money for the draft with a big scale... so, transfer fees could be based off of the overall rating of the player or something along those lines. For example, let's say we decided to use a $20 buy in. Cap the weekly wages at a certain value to keep things fair, and then you can use general guidelines for the transfers. Maybe Fernando Torres is projected as a $5. You can limit the transfer to +-x% over/under the projected value so you don't have people giving away players for dirt and you don't have one player going for crazy sums. If we decided to do transfers outside of the user pool, then the money spent on that transfer would be divided among all of the other users. At the end, you could split up the bank a number of ways... like 60% goes back to each player (So, if I did no transfers at all I'd get $12 back), and then use the other 40% to be given out depending on how you placed in the league. Then, going into the next season, you put in another $20 and you've got your transfer budget back. You would not be able to put in an extra $10 into the pool to give your team an advantage. Obviously, some people would probably be against using real cash, but if it is used properly it can be fun. Teams who have no hope of winning much can loan off their players in a realistic way and teams in the middle/top will want to add players with the hope of winning the pooled money. This is just something that I've thought of while thinking of how something could work to do well with transfers, rather than trades.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Ok cool, I would definitely be interested in helping with some testing as much as I can.

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

Good stuff there. Most of the stuff are good ideas to keep in mind while deciding player worth and such, and caps for transfer fees. I wouldn't use real cash at least to begin with, but I can take that idea and modify a bit and use a similar approach for budgets. One thing I'm definitely not considering is to split the out of pool purchase money. I'd like some money to disappear into thin air so that the total money in our franchise economy doesn't keep increasing. I'd like everyone to think before they go out there and spend their money. Again it's all about figuring out a balance between all the things. It will take time.

Hopefully we can have a base model that makes some sense to begin with for FIFA 12 like AJ is targeting. And then from there we keep adjusting things without messing up a lotta shit, just like how EA fucks around with sliders.

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

Anything is appreciated. Worse comes to worse, during beta period, to speed things up we just sim games you can't play on time (forfeit the way we want) to produce number and proceed with the match days. After all we may just run a whole season without anyone playing any games but making up scores to see how numbers move around. (simulating I guess would be the proper term)

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I missed this thread the first time around, but I'm also willing to test this out.

8. hedache

hedache Walk On

I have some good news. After some research, I found a software that I can import, view and then export FIFA databases. I also found the FIFA XBOX database from the same source. So now, I have all kinds of data that doesn't have to be entered, I can just use the official EA data that has all sorts of information from basic league, team, stadium and player information to the craziest detail I could possibly need (which I don't) like all player attributes, information and such.

The database also carries Career Mode information like player values, retirement age, etc. Doesn't mean I have to directly use them but it could be helpful. Hey, if it makes sense, it can even be used directly maybe with minor touches. Now I have to import useful data into my system to create a FIFA Database Master Template of some sort.

One thing I have to figure out is to be able to extract the same database file from my own XBOX so that when there is an update, I can update the database myself without relying on some other guy putting it online. I've been wanting to know if I could have the official data already in my system. Now that I know I can, I can start designing more towards the franchise mode based on that structure instead of reinventing the wheel.

9. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

where did you find this? and can you share please?

10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Wonderful. :)

Hopefully we can get this up and running soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.