TFL: Tradition Futbol League (FIFA)(XBOX)

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by The Richuation, Jul 17, 2011.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Description and Rules - Tradition Futbol League (FIFA)
    Welcome to the Tradition Futbol League. This is your home for organized, competitive, SIM style FIFA. We are a multi-layered league complete with Premiership, League 1, and Cup Competitions. To support expansion and long-term competition, the TFL supports a promotion / relegation structure whereby clubs will compete weekly to earn their spot in the table. Being apart of the TFL is an opportunity to be apart of something special with online futbol gaming. Therefore, work on your fitness, keep up your form... or you may just be relegated.​
    Rules and Guidelines
    Standard Tradition Sports Online rules and sportsmanship guidelines are in effect.​
    This is a cheese free zone. Those interested in hardcore, no holds barred, win at all cost FIFA game-play, then this is not the place for you. Therefore, we do not expect to see extreme custom formations, 100% aggression tactics, known glitches and/or otherwise unsportsmanlike conduct. If you have specific questions and/or would like to report another member, please seek guidance via your league commissioner through use of PMs.​
    League Structure
    • TFL: Premier League Black = 10 clubs
    • TFL: League 1 Black = 10 clubs
    • TFL: Premier League Red = 10 clubs
    • TFL: League 1 Red = 10 clubs
    • Relegation / Promotion zone - 3 clubs
    League Settings
    • XBL> Online Friendlies
    • Half Length = 10 minutes
    • Controls = Semi-Assisted
    • Game Speed = Normal
    • Squad Type = Online
    League Schedule
    The season consists of each club playing each other twice on a home-and-away basis. The TFL fixtures will be created at the beginning of each season via League Republic. Each club owner is expected to play 2 matches per week that of which will be posted weekly via code snippet from the League Republic site. These weekly fixtures are released each and every Friday which gives everyone ample time to schedule their matches, either on the weekend or for the upcoming week. Each club owner will be expected to schedule their matches with their opponent by posting in the current weekly fixture thread.​
    As we follow a hard advance policy, each and every fixture remains open for the duration of one week. Once a fixture has expired, that thread will be locked as the next fixture is released in a new thread. Any unplayed matches will be recorded as cancelled.​
    Unplayed Games
    By joining this league, you are committing to playing two games per week. Or roughly an hour of your time per week. If you feel this will be a challenge or if you have special circumstances, please contact your Commish and let him know. If you are going out of town and need an extension, we can accommodate. With that said, here are the hard and fast rules:​
    Games two weeks behind schedule will be closed out and points awarded based on scheduling effort. If you both try and can't connect, 0-0 tie. If one tries and the other doesnt, 1-0 win. So, each Friday, the Commish's will be doing two things. First, closing the unplayed games from two week prior. Second, posting the upcoming week's fixtures. If you have a closed unplayed game, that is one strike. Three strikes will be removal from the TFL.​
    Clubs
    There are no restricted teams in the TFL this season. ALL teams 5 star – 1 star are eligible for selection. There is one caviat: 5 Star teams will not be relegated to L1. If an owner of a 5 star team is relegated, they lose the team and must reselect an open team for the following season. If a 5 star team become available, they will be available to promoted L1 teams only. The "draft order" for these 5 star teams will be based on performance the previous season.​
    Content
    As is standard in all TSO leagues, we require game summaries to accompany match results. At TSO we encourage content. This is your chance to be creative, add original user generated summaries, team specific pages, weekly league recaps, players of the week, etc. To take the lead on creating content, please see our content manager and/or league commissioner.​
    Match Results
    It is the responsibility of the winning club (or away draw) to post the match results in the designated TFL match results thread. The match results consist of both goals and match bookings. The format to use when posting match results can be found in the OP of the TFL match results thread.There is no extra time and/or penalties in the TFL. All matches that end in a draw after full time are recorded as a draw. For FIFA12, we capture the following info:​
    Goals​
    Assists​
    MoM​
    Cards​
    Cards and Suspensions
    :redcard: Red Cards will result in the said player being suspened for the following match week. The league commish will post and communicate this in the weekly fixtures thread.​
    :yellowcard: Yellow Cards will result in suspensions at the following threshholds:​
    4 Yellow Cards - 1 Game​
    8 Yellow Cards - 1 Match Week​
    TFL Leadership Team
    The Richuation – PL Black Commish​
    niuhuskie224 – PL Red Commish​
    elprez98 – L1 Black Commish​
    Connor – L1 Red Commish​
    hedache – Advisor​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TSO Members,

We are currently full with 30 members over 3 divisions. You can check our current table and stats leaders here:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/pages/tfl_premier/

We are currently looking to grow by 10 members for FIFA12. The FIFA12 league will start approximately October 1st. If you are interested in being added to the wait list or would like to play some friendlies with our current TFL members please see the threads below:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/tradition-fútbol.455/

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

To give.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We currently have one opening in our League 2:

CSKA Moskow

Please let me know if you are interested.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

FIFA12 Waitlist Forming... Now!

We are at 30 members currently, can support up to 40.

Post here if you would like to be added.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Frustrated with NCAA?

Looking for something new and different?

Do yourself a favor and download FIFA12 demo, which is available today. Trust me, I was always a Madden and NCAA guy, now I can't put FIFA down. Check it out and post here if you are interested in joining the TFL.

We will be launching FIFA12 Season 1 roughly a month from now. We have plenty of room for growth and will be accepting new members all month. We have upper level leagues as well as lower level, so don't be worried if you aren't the best player, we have a place for you.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The Richuation I would like to be considered but have the skills of a 3rd grader on this game. relegate me to the lowest level and sign me up. Just finished downloading it and have it ordered. will keep up to date on whats going on

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Ok will do.

And not to worry, they controls have changed to the point that everyone is relearning this game. You will be just fine.

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

:eek:

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Double :eek: :eek:

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Is it not an adjustment?

12. Blaza

I was saying that it 100% IS an adjustment. I think most are struggling right now.

The game is absolutely incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I think we'll all be fine once we get used to the tackling system. I think using the midfield with short, quick passes is a must but I liked to do that already so hopefully I'll be good there. I did notice some passes aren't nearly as accurtate as I would have liked them to be but I also think that's a good thing. Once we all play the game 5 or 6 times, it's basically the same game just made a little bit better. Do you have the season pass Blaza??

14. Blaza

Due to a busy summer, my gaming has been curbed incredibly, so I haven't had time to look into the season pass. What is the advantage again?

Agree on the passing but it's definitely for the better. It will lead to varying tempos in games which is great. You can't attack or defend balls to the wall...you can do it in spurts, but if you aren't patient, you will be turning the ball over all over the place. Awesome improvement.

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

man this demo is frustrating but fun I have games where I have all kinds of chances and then there are others that I can't sniff the net....I guess this is a good thing it makes the goals that much sweeter. I scored on a pass through the box I lead the guy I was going to shoot it but hit the pass button and was like WTF oops hit the shot button and yelled GOAL as it went into the back of the net. Really a fun game of course I am playing at intermediate. What do I want to amp it up too? what did you guys play 11 at?

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Things are heating up with two weeks to go until FIFA12.

I promise you, this will be the most exciting league on TSO this fall. I believe we are down to 4 spots open.

17. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Come on guys it does not look like there will be another chance to get in on Season 1 of TFL. So get your spots while they last.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We have 36 or 40 spots filled.

4 Left... Come on

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

37 of 40 filled.

3 spots remain

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We have 1 spot left...

39/40 spots filled.

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TFL Members,

Thank you for your patience as we organize for FIFA12 Season 1. We have experienced massive growth over the last 6 months. What started as a 10 man league last year has now grown to 40 members with people already forming a line on the wait list. I really feel that we are taking part in one of, if not the best league on the web. Our structure and organization should keep the TFL interesting for yet another FIFA game cycle. Speaking of organization, I need to let all of you know who has made this league possible for FIFA12. We have a team of 7 individuals that have bantered, bickered, argued, and thought through nearly every permutation of this league as you can imagine. I assure you, we have put many, many hours into thoughtful conversations on how to make this league as successful as possible. Many of our decisions came down to internal vote, and many of which were 4-3. But, the point is, we had healthy discussions on how to make this fun for all of you. Without further ado, please say thanks to the following individuals for joining me in wasting many work hours planning this season...

The Richuation – PL Black Commish
    niuhuskie224 – PL Red Commish
    elprez98 – L1 Black Commish
    Connor – L1 Red Commish
    AJ Hart MN – Advisor
    hedache – Advisor
    Krebstar425 – Advisor

What's New?

You mean other than Tactical Defending, Impact Engine, and Precision Dribbling? Quite a bit. However, these are game changing features of FIFA12 and I personally believe will re-level the playing field as we re-learn FIFA. This is a good thing.

Structure

Structure is new this year. Two Premier Leagues, Two League 1s underneath. Meaning, we are going to be keeping our promotion/relegation structure. As we did last year, the bottom 3/top 3 will be moving at the conclusion of each season. This structure will allow us to launch a more meaningful Champions League at the conclusion of the season. The Top 4 teams in each Premier League will face off in group play and followed by a knockout tournament to crown our true TFL champion. Also, we will be holding a Europa League for some of our other deserving teams as well as the TFL Cup, which is a random draw, knockout tournament which consists of all TFL teams, regardless of standing. The Champions League and Europa League will take place in between TFL Seasons, while the TFL Cup will be running concurrently with our regular season. The matchups and dates for the TFL Cup will be announced shortly.

Team Selection

After great (I mean great...) deliberation we are announcing the following change: There are no restricted teams in the TFL this season. ALL teams 5 star – 1 star are eligible for selection. There is one caviat: 5 Star teams will not be relegated to L1. If an owner of a 5 star team is relegated, they lose the team and must reselect an open team for the following season. Edit: Only PL teams will be eligible to draft 5 star teams. The PL teams will be designated in the draft order.

Team Changes

After the season, everyone will have the opportunity to keep their current squad for the following season. Anyone that chooses to reselect their team will be auto-relegated to their respective League 1. The members who choose to leave their squad will be placed into a redraft pool and the draft order will be randomized will all other non keeper members.

FIFA12 Season 1 Draft

Another hot topic internally. We have decided to create two pools for the draft order. Returning members and new members. Let me clarify... new members are people fresh to the TFL as well as members who at some point retired and now with the release of FIFA12, are ready to return. The two pools, returns and new, were both randomized to avoid any preference or opinion. I personally randomized the draft order and I can assure you it is final and well as legit. The draft order will be posted Friday AM.

Controls

We will be sticking with the semi assisted controls for FIFA12. As a change from last season, we will not be using particular settings in the controller. As long as your invites are made on Semi, we are good to go.

League Play

As usual, we will be releasing the new fixtures each and every Friday, starting on October 14th. We would love to start prior to that, but the draft and league republic setup post draft will require this organization time. Please observe this important note: When inviting your opponent to your scheduled game, please use the “online friendlies” option and the roster must be set to ONLINE not custom. I understand that will force each of you to change your formation and players with 40 seconds, but I have faith that you will all be able to do that. The reasoning for online and not custom is this: We have 40 members now. We do not have the bandwidth to monitor that each and every one of you are using the most current rosters. Of course there is the possibility of altering ratings, but I am less concerned about that and more concerned with roster updates. By using ONLINE rosters, it puts the inconvenience on you and peace of mind with the league.

UNPLAYED GAMES

Big Topic. I am going to make this simple. By joining this league, you are committing to playing two games per week. Or roughly an hour of your time per week. If you feel this will be a challenge or if you have special circumstances, please contact your Commish and let him know. If you are going out of town and need an extension, we can accommodate. With that said, here are the hard and fast rules:

Games two weeks behind schedule will be closed out and points awarded based on scheduling effort. If you both try and can't connect, 0-0 tie. If one tries and the other doesnt, 1-0 win. So, each Friday, the Commish's will be doing two things. First, closing the unplayed games from two week prior. Second, posting the upcoming week's fixtures. If you have a closed unplayed game, that is one strike. Three strikes will be removal from the TFL.

Sportmanship
    Guys, we are all adults here and this is not a ranked match lobby. Be respectful. Have fun... We have some old school hard core FIFA guys here who will probably be fighting for the Champions League season after season and we have guys new to FIFA that can appreciate what a great game it is and just want to have fun in the L1. We all have a place here.
    Content
    Content is encouraged.... please be creative and post anything you have on your mind. We all love to see the self made highlight videos, recaps, stories, etc. If you want to take the lead on a special weekly or monthly feature, contact your Commish and go ahead. Looking forward to seeing everyone's creativity.

What's Old?
    2 Matches a Week
    10 Minute halves
    Semi Assisted Controls
    Winner or Away Draw Collects results

I believe that about covers it for FIFA12 Season 1. I for one can't wait to get started. We have two week before the official kickoff, so use this time to get more familiar with the game and jump into the friendlies thread and hook up with some of the other guys. If anyone has questions or concerns, I'm sure you won't hesitate to let them be known. Also, if anyone has friends they would like to invite aboard the TFL, we are built to expand, so the sky is the limit. Good luck fellas and have fun this season.

The Richuation

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Guys, we are currently accepting wait list members... if the waitlist swells to 8, we will get you up and rolling in our world in an expansion league. So, if you are considering, please join the wait list and we can get you up and running in an active league soon.

23. bigdood33

bigdood33 Walk On

Rich, add me to the waiting list.

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Still accepting waitlist members... come on over and get acquainted with some friendlies

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We currently have one active opening... as Benefica in L1 Black