Archived TFL11 Season IV: State of the Leagues

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by The Richuation, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TFL Members,

Congrats on an excellent Season 3. Congrats to Blaza on not only winning the Premier League, but going undefeated along the way. And, most importantly, congrats to all of you for being excellent participants and completing 100% of the matches this season. This is the standard and expectation for all members and all leagues. Also, I would like to thank an excellent leadership team for all of their time, effort, and mindshare as we grow and plan and take the TFL into FIFA12.

As a reminder to everyone and as an introduction to all of the new members, here is your Season 4 leadership team:

Premier League Commissioner: The Richuation
    League 1 Commissioner: niuhuskie224
    League 2 Commissioner: Krebstar425
    TFL Advisor: AJ Hart MN

If there are any issues or concerns, please reach out to your respective commish through the use of PMs. Please also reach out to your commish with any vacations or time away from the league for scheduling purposes.

Season 4

Season 4 will be our last in FIFA11. With this last season, we have seen some excellent growth in the addition of League 2. League 2, wholly comprised of new members of the TFL is going to be interesting. New play styles, new skill levels and new challengers to Blaza's crown. For the new folks, I want to stress what we value as most important here at Tradition Sports Online: Respect. Respect for your other members, for the game itself, and for the league. With that in mind, we will be able to take this league to new levels with the launch of FIFA12. What has no importance here at TSO: Skill. Although this is a competitive league, as with all of the leagues at TSO, we are here to enjoy ourselves and play amongst other SIM style, mature members.

What's Old? What's New?

Some of the items that will stay the same are as follows:

9 Week Season
    2 Fixtures vs Each Team (Home and Home)
    2 Games per Week
    10 Min Halves
    Semi-Assisted Controls
    Normal Game Speed
    League Republic Table and Stat Tracking

I want to briefly touch on the importance of league republic. Our table, scheduling, and stats are all driven from the league republic. At the top of each of the 3 leagues, there is a pinned page titled, “Live Table and Stats.” Make yourself comfortable with this tool. You can view the updated table, leading goal scorers, completed matches, and the entire schedule. In the drop down at the top of the page, make sure you are on Season 4, and your appropriate league.

Minor Changes:

We are moving to a uniform control setup. Please make these changes to your FIFA settings going forward.

Controls Detail:
    Auto Switching: Air Balls
    Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low
    Passing Power Assistance: Off
    Pass Assistance: Semi
    Through Pass Assistance: Manual
    Shot Assistance: Semi
    Cross Assistance: Semi
    Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
    Save Assistance: Semi
    Analog Sprint: On or Off

If you are a manual player, you may tune the Auto Switching to OFF and reduce any semi setting to Manual. We are not able to track these settings, but to make sure we are on a level playing field, please change to these ASAP.

Custom Signatures:
    You will notice that there are many members that are sporting very cool custom sigs with their FIFA, NCAA, Madden, or other teams. This is a right given to the TSO Premier members. The membership is $12 a year and allows you to have custom sigs and play in Premier NCAA and Madden leagues. A full breakdown of the benefits are here:
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/tf-membership.10/

Basically, if you like what is going on here, support the site with a few bucks. There are a few guys that work very hard to bring us all such a great place to call home.

Looking Ahead:

As I stated above, this is our last season in FIFA11. Our next season will be after the launch of FIFA12. More details to come regarding specific dates, structure, etc. However, this final FIFA11 season will determine the initial standings and league assignments for next season. So, by all means, play your butt off to either hold on to your current league or gain promotion up the ladder.

Goals:
    Growth. We are striving to hit 40 TFL Members for the FIFA12 Season 1. With 40 members, we have the ability to reconfigure the league in an exciting and competive way that I am sure everyone will enjoy. If you like the way we run things here, spread the word. I would surely prefer to bring your friends on board than bringing people completely new to TSO and our whole community (No offense L2). I have a waiting list already being worked in anticipation of FIFA12.

To wrap things up, thanks so much to all of you for being offical year round FIFA players. We are going to be 12 months in on these leagues, which means no seasonal jokes will be pointed toward this league. Lets make this the best season yet. Lets get crazy on the message boards, get the games played 100%, and most of all have fun. Let your creativty flow... news stories, youtube highlights, bickering and bantering. Good luck to you all...

And now please rise for our nation anthem:

:goal: LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :goal:

• Like Like x 6
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

The myth is that when you commish a league, you get relegated to it next season. Urban legend or not?

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I would pass away if that happened. :D

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We still have one spot for L2, if anyone can bring anybody. It would be nice to fill that hole.

6. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Really the TA singing the National Anthem? Well atleast they won't be singing much after Sunday.

7. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Sux for Kreb.

8. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

:(

Unless I improve my position by two from the last two seasons, it'll be true.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Congrats to makinpropel for being the first to first his fixtures in the TFL in week 1. The fact that it was in L2 is even more special! Glad to see you new guys are so antsy! I love it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

one question about the control settings : when we set up the match on semi there is no option to change your control settings so who can this work? Unless you want us to set up initially as any then manually change controls?

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

When you set your controls to this setup... it will be your default setup on and AUTO or SEMI online games.

12. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Neither works. You're forcing controls when you pick manual, semi or assisted. The only thin I don't like about Semi is the lob balls being assisted instead of manual. Everything else is good for me.

13. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

i thought so mate so what rich is saying doesnt apply in this league as when we set up a match on semi the controls are on the default semi settings yeah?

14. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

What you need to do is switch your settings in your My FIFA '11 profile.. That way, any time you play an online match, these settings will be the one's you use.

15. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

i get that AJ but can you have 2 different settings? as i use assisted in other leagues

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Then you have to go back in and swtich for your other leagues.

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I can't get mine to save. Is there something special you have to do?

18. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Nope. Saves automatically for me.

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

weird

20. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Check if it saves when you change in game vs in the FIFA menus. Maybe the problem is there.

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Make sure your profile is set to auto save in the options. It should stick on the settings you left it at.

• Like Like x 1
  22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

damn it, im going to have to have somebody walk me through all this shit in a chatroom...im getting too old for this...

23. hedache

hedache Walk On

So I saw a post today in League 2 club pages. Apparently Sporting is doing good these days (just busting your balls connor). And I wondered... Running the score is not very sportsmanlike, scoring a bunch of goals on your opponents, game after game and so on. Is it also unsportsmanlike "unrunning" the game, not letting your opponents score on you, game after game after game???? :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

You mean like when I scored one on you and you didn't score any? Sorry about that.

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Yea you should be banned from our division. Hopefully next 2 games and then playing me will send you down where you belong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.