TFOC: NCAA 13 Playbook Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Allow custom playbooks for '13?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2012.
  1. Yep

50.0%
  2. Nope

50.0%
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We just did away with them this year- for me it was largely due to not wanting to have to police it. However, with the group we currently have I feel I wouldn't have to worry about it and you guys wouldn't be douche bags about it.

I don't really care one way or another- if you have ideas for regulating it though please post them up.

This is simply a yes or no allow it poll.

LSUTRUTH
    Hokie Effect
    Philstyle3005
    BPHusker
    fuzzyl0gic
    sawemoff
    CoachRedd
    Steamer43
    bjbdahitman
    -Cougars-
    Kapono

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I voted yes I don't mind either way.

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I voted no. Never really liked them and if you can't find a style of now 123 playbooks then there's a chance it's cheesy. That's just my stance on it. I'm fine with them being allowed, I just don't want to gameplan for a guy could have a fleXbox One formation or just pops up in the pistol on a key for 1 play on a key down.

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Im either way on this voted yes so I can combo shotgun and pistol offense so I can run what we run at the school I work out. So my PB will look prettymuch like our offense here

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I vote yes. Just to mix and match similar formations for a base offense. Don't want to see Shotgun 5-wide, I-tight, wildcat, and ace big in succession...

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I don't care either way. I was happy that we got rid of it last year because of the bugs with it. Id be up for evaluating doing it again if I can't find a playbook to suit my style.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll stay out of voting because I don't really care either way. It shouldn't be a problem for everyone to find a playbook that they're comfortable using, but as long as no one mixes heavy run formations, when they're a spread oriented team, or vice versa, I don't think it matters.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Maybe a compromise would be to allow to add/drop plays but not formations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I like Hokie's idea.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This-- anyone want to butt heads with me?

Come at me

12. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I voted no, just because of the problems from last year. I think there are enough play books to fit everyone's style.

13. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I think this is fair, especially if there are plays that you can't run effectively. This would allow you to remove them and replace them with something you would run.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We are going to allow them- but no swapping out formations (except removing them completely). You can add and remove plays as much as you like though.

*gavel*

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I like this a lot

16. Hokie Effect

Yep, I am a fukin genius!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oh so humble too!

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well here's the deal, after an enlightening conversation with THE Shaun L Mason I have decided that we are going to open them up completely. If someone is being a douche I will talk to them about (if you think they are, don't be afraid to drop me a pm about it either). I will let that person know they need to take a look at their book.

Why am I taking this route you may ask? I think we have a good group here that isn't going to do that type of shit to each other. I wouldn't want to run some horse shit playbook against Phil just to win- I think we are a cohesive enough group to that we don't need this kind of regulation. @DJ you are new, so if you want me to kind of help you along with your CPB creation I certainly can (hell that goes for everyone).

I think everyone understands what not to do with something like this-- don't prove me wrong.

P.S. this doesn't mean you HAVE to use a CPB of course...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

A reccomendation- use a "stock" playbook that you would use if we didn't allow them. Use it for a while and get a feel for what you do and don't use- then adjust accordingly. IMO, don't just go hash together a book because that's when you get into picking money plays (without even thinking at times) because you know you have had success with them.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Sounds good boss.

21. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

All I did last in NCAA 12 was take out the plays that didn't work, and replace them with a couple of option plays out of formations I already had. I run with Miami's pb. I'll give it a little while before I think about adding plays, because the one's that didn't work last year may work this year. If I do add any, it will more than likely be an option or two out of formations I already have.

22. Hokie Effect

So would adding some shotgun looks to the flex be okay (y)

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hokie Effect

Okay so Navy will obviously be running the flex, but I am going to add the wishbone and as a compromise my shotgun formations will only include 2 Back sets. Holla if ya hear me.....

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]