TGA Announces MAJOR Format Changes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

After season long discussion with xyzvld22, and others, I have decided that it is in the best interest of the long term continuity of the TGA Tour to implement the changes below, effective immediately:

- Fixed weather conditions for each round
    - A looser tournament week schedule with increased flexibility - tournaments will now begin on Wednesday and run through Sunday, with all 4 rounds due on Monday morning

The rules of competition will be the same, and you will be encouraged to sign up for tee times like we have been, but as long as all 4 rounds are completed by the Monday morning deadline, you may play whenever is convenient for you. You still must play with a flight captain and they have to post your score for you - a list is coming.

I personally think that we could have continued the way we had been if NCAA & Madden didn't exist, but they do. To offer a Tiger Woods component of TSO, we have to find a way to coexist in those environs. I think the changes - both of which have been repeatedly asked for - will be a step in the right direction.

I will get the tee time sheet for the Welsh Open up tonight, along with the round conditions. Play begins Wednesday!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

How will the weather set up be determined ?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I will determine what the weather is to be - it will not be based on anything in particular, but generally the conditions of the area will apply (windy at Whistling Straits, etc.). There will be NO rain though... I will vary the winds and the sky condition.

4. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

We kicking this thing off today ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i would liked know that my self so i can join a group with ps3 players from here on a time.

6. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

as do I

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!