TGA Ladder Tournament Info

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Look for more to start getting set up in the Ladder Tournament in the coming weeks once everything has been completely set up for the TGA Tour!

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The ideas for how to run the ladder tournament are being kicked around guys, but this doesn't look like something that we'll be able to implement for TW 12. At least not yet. We will have to develop some software, and this will take time, planning, and more time.

For now, please do check out the TGA Tour! Folks are starting to see that the settings, while challenging, are not impossible.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

ohh really, I guess with yourself ;)

4. ThunderDart

ThunderDart Walk On

you could always do like a bracket. first 32 players to sign up are in and it wont be seeded because handicaps aren't really in play but that could be done. A ladder system is hard i agree. I helped a buddy of mine set up a match play ladder challenge at the previous golf course i used to manage. If you're interested on how it was don'e and interested in still putting one together let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Do pairs playing best ball or whatever

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I wouldn't be opposed to running a 16, 24 or 32 man match play tournament? We could even do something soccer style with group play and then go to an 8 man bracket. With basis's permission, I would run this for everyone. Let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

This may not be related, but i'd love some kind of USA V Rest of the World style match play competition. Ryder cup style. That would be awesome.

I also support the idea above about the 32 man bracket tournament. I guess that could incorporated into some kind of World Matchplay Event ?!

8. ThunderDart

ThunderDart Walk On

Yeah i think that's awesome. I don't know how you could do it like soccer but it sounds like you're looking for a ryder cup format because that's how it sounds which would be a cool thing to do as well. I run a bracket tournament like this at my golf course for my members and they love it. I played in it last year and it's a blast. You really get to challenge yourself as well as some good old smack talk. It could be done on the honor system where golfers play their match and report the win/loss to the commisioner who can then post the brackets. Perhaps @Basis4aDay56 could set up a thread for it and we could see the amount of interest and i would be willing to help you run this.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

If you guys would like to brainstorm and create a matchplay event, you may do so by all means!

My only request is that you set it up in the SPECIAL EVENTS forum. I think all your ideas sound great!