TGA TOUR: Format, Rules, Points, The Tradition Cup, etc - Details Inside!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

- All Tournaments 4 rounds
    - TOUR PRO Difficulty (no spin, power boost, or putt preview)
    - Golfer MUST NOT exceed a 9.0 average skill level (it is VERY easy to tell if this is broken)
    - Live Weather conditions will be used in every round
    - Green speed will ALWAYS be set to FAST
    - Rounds must be played with another member of The Tour, unless there are extenuating circumstances that will be evaluated by Basis, Knight, or Cimmy
    - Your swing must be fluid, in other words no holing in position to find the 85% shot.
    - You can only putt on the green, no pitches or chips allowed on the green (fringe is fine)
    - Simultaneous shot and shot clock maxed out at 60 seconds

Other settings, such as fairway speed, green speed and hardness, rough length, which tees to use, and pin position will be posted in each individual tournament's thread. Basis, Noles, and Cimmy, as Tournament Directors, have the final say in any and all matters.

There will be a set time, sort of. We will designate what we will call "Flight Captains". These Flight captains will have a tee time and they will be in charge of making the match, making sure that the golfer conforms to the 9.0 average and lower, and posting the scores of who they golf with.

There will be a normal Tour season with regular tournaments and majors, trying to follow real life Tour stops. Tournaments will be held every two weeks, and as such, everyone is expected to participate.

The TGA Tour will keep season long standings using FedEx Cup scoring as all players try to win the Tradition Cup for their platform (PS3 or X360). This season long points battle will set up the TGA Tour Playoffs: the Tradition Cup. Based on the points totals at the conclusion of the regular season, the points will reset at a TBD interval from first to last.

Here is how points will be awarded, as they will vary between "normal" tournaments and majors:

NORMAL TOURNAMENTS // MAJOR TOURNAMENTS

1st - 500 pts // 750 pts
    2nd - 450 pts // 650 pts
    3rd - 400 pts // 550 pts
    4th - 350 pts // 450 pts
    5th - 300 pts // 350 pts
    6th - 275 pts (same for both types of tournament from 6th onward)
    7th - 250 pts
    8th - 225 pts
    9th - 200 pts
    10th - 190 pts
    11th - 180 pts
    12th - 170 pts
    13th - 160 pts
    14th - 150 pts
    15th - 140 pts
    16th - 130 pts
    17th - 120 pts
    18th - 110 pts
    19th - 105 pts
    20th - 100 pts
    21st - 95 pts
    22nd - 90 pts
    23rd - 85 pts
    24th - 80 pts
    25th - 75 pts
    26th - 70 pts
    27th - 65 pts
    28th - 60 pts
    29th - 55 pts
    30th - 50 pts
    31st onward: 49 pts, decreasing by 1 until 0 is reached

The Tradition Cup will function as follows:

The last four tournaments will progressively cut the field down -- it will depend on the actual size of the field, but here is what I'm thinking:
    First Playoff Tournament - All Play
    Second Playoff Tournament - Top 12 in points
    Third Playoff Tournament - Top 8 in points
    TOUR Championship - Top 4 in points, winner takes the Tradition Cup

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Questions/comments/discussion?

The preliminary schedule will be released by the middle of the week!

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Still not quite sure what exactly you mean with this statement

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It should say Holding not Holing... I dunno if that is throwing you off. Basically it is a glitch from past Tiger Woods games where you could know the exact percentage of the shot you are hitting. If you don't know about it I'd rather not tell you - but yeah, it's illegal.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

A few more things:

1) On the XBOX side, you must be in a party chat with your group even if you have no mic. This makes it easy for the flight captain to announce when the game session is up and to deal with any problems.

2) The Tour will combine both XBOX 360 & PS3 since we will have the same courses.

3) If you miss your scheduled time, you can play a make up round with an approved member.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

can we get sigs for this?

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I have a ? Are we gonna have a week or two to level up our guys before the 1st tournament? I think this could be a huge advantage for some early on as those who have time to play non stop will have their guys skills higher because they can put the time in. Just wondering.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Are the groups of 4 going to be required like it was mentioned in the other thread? It just seems like it might be tricky to get all 4 people on at the same time and then have enough time for all 4 to golf 18.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

we would like groups of 4 but im sure there will be times that we can't do that though

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

guys, im in on this i think.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I don't understand the 9.0 thing, I'm a noob to this game

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

you can max your player out to 10 attribute points they are limiting you to 9 but if you want you can max out your driving and make something else 8 for example.

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Oh shit I'm out then...jk

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

ahhhhh shit! that is what I like to see and hear!

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm liking the set up gents, good work. I'm with York tho wondering if there will be ample time for all to level up. That may impact how much time I spend with york's mom during the week. (me and York do the whole mom bashing shit to each other)

• Like Like x 1
  16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

well well well smalls I see you like to play with the small white balls funny your mom does too!!

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya need to find a way to make it a level playing field

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It really will not take very long to reach a 9.0 average, but yes, absolutely there will be a couple of weeks to get your golfer set how you like it.

We will be releasing the preliminary schedule before Wednesday, but as a sneak peek, the first TGA Tour event will be 2 weeks after the game drops and it will be an EXHIBITION event at the Augusta National Par 3 Course. This will not only be a fun exhibition tournament, but everyone will get to see how the settings work, get their golfers in order, etc. After that, the tournaments will count and away we'll go.

There will be a tee time sign up sheet for each round of each tournament, which will be based on when the flight captains can play. You can then sign up for which time slot suits you best for each day of the tournament. If you are unable to make your set time, like it says above, you can make up your round as long as it is before the next round.

These settings & rules are going to be finalized before the end of the week - they are almost there and exist as they are in this post. We just need to combine it all and make sure that it all makes sense.

Like I said, preliminary schedule of the first month & all the majors and their venues will be released on Wednesday night.

19. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

This is awesome, i was a huge fan of this game. Lost interest over the years but i cant wait to get back into it. I think we should shoot for foursomes, but at least allow 3 somes(still tryin to get my wife on this idea, she has some hot friends).

so 2 weeks to get your 4 rds in? plus Xbox and PS3 all in together? So only 1 TPA leaderboard. That makes me happy[​IMG]. Finally we can beat down Xbox and there massive controllers

20. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

WHaaaaaatttt!!!!!!!

They put the par 3 course on the game? WOW thats awesome man

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

see their is your problem IF you had a massive controller it would be much easier to talk the wife and her friends into a threesome at least thats how i got my wife to do it (she still brags about my massive controller)
    pssst PS3 guy much to learn do you!!!

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

1. If they boast about the size of their "controller", they are insecure about their sexual preference.
    2. If they talk like Yoda, they are insecure about their sexual preference

23. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Letting the dog lick peanut butter off your balls doesn't count as a threesome york

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

My controller is so big, you don't even know

25. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

LOL, Thats funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.