Tha Uncanny Corner

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Raidernation, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Hers is a video of a 74 overall corner ( 51 awr - 73 ply rec - 80 zn ) winning the starting job next season. Its an example of the abilities these DB's have and why a patch is needed​

Now I know you most might think I threw it straight to him so I brought the​
    film​

example 1.jpg

Notice the QB still holding the rock yet the DB makes the break for the spot the ball is headed​

example 2.jpg

as you can see I'm was bunched up on the left and he's about 4 yards outside the hash and breaking on a SPOT the ball isn't thrown to yet​

example 3.jpg

Here's a different angle. These frame shots are all at the same time the QB hasn't begun his throwing motion and this guy breaking for a wideout 10 to 15 yards away. It's cover 2 and yes the guy rode the curl route and is making his way to the open area but at 51 awr and 73 play rec I'd say this guy knows the future​

example 4.jpg

After the ball was thrown you can see him well on his way to a freebie while my wideout with the ball over his head continues on his route unaware. This all happened in a matter of seconds the option I chose was my dump off (hot read) cause the DB in question wasn't close enough to make a play or so I thought. Some would say its a hell of a play on the ball, I would too .... once a year . At the current rate this type of thing occurs ALL THE TIME and its very annoying.​

Now here is the flipside of the problem. My saftey is rated 89 overall ( 85 awr - 90 ply rec - 90 zn ) he was involved in a similar play same cover 2 srtong trips tho.​

example 5.jpg

Same deal right before he's set to throw ( I'm the on the line for this one ) the D was supposed to play the pass​

example 6.jpg

Why the user AI doesn't take notice to the lack of assignments I don't know. Look at my FS near the EA sign, still back pealing at a time when Virginia's Play maker (74 ovr 51 awr 73 ply rec 80 zn ) had the drop on the whole thing.​

example 7.jpg

he does however break on the play as the QB arm rises, and with 4 yards between them its a touchdown.​
    My dumb ass forgot to save the actual play.​
    BigKing C Young CharlestonUSC clayandlbf Cocky Marine eberdeeber gwill InfiniteMTX Magoo NickDangerously pnc RyanC xassassin4lifex, this is why I say a patch is needed. I know they won't get it perfect and this might be a small issue, it should be addressed. What do ya'll think?​

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

play #1, you made a bad decision into Cover 2, the zone defender didn't read your mind, he saw the WR breaking towards his zone and broke off the curl(which should be left to the flat zone CB to drop back a bit to close off) the cover the more immediate threat to his zone, that is basic zone coverage and a CB with 15 PRC should make that play.

Play #2, Cover two means the FS play a deep zone, so in gl situations they are going to cover the back line. You should have ran sink if you wanted better middle coverage. period. I know it's frustrating to have happen, but these were more user mistakes than CPU overpoweredness.

3. Raidernation

I think its crazy that at his rating he jumped a drag route like that from the other side of the field AND my wide out doesn't even play the ball. No pump fake or anything. It's an adjustment thing true, but its also too much anticipation on the behalf of the D the CB left a receiver open to go to a spot where the ball wasn't yet, wasn't even thrown. The animation was already in motion. Got another example check it out.​

misscue.jpg

Pretty safe throw right ? Saftey bites outside, drag underneath, slant over the top single coverage​

misscue 2.jpg

Even better CB is visibly out of the play for the ball. Notice the Safety now in pursuit.​

misscue 3.jpg

And bam these snap shots aren't that far apart seconds wise, look at the safety now at the ten.​

Small things.... I won this game no problem like I said this sh#t is just crazy annoying and needs to be patched along with the other numerous issues.​

The commish allowed me to repost this thread in hopes of getting more positive feedback from within the Overdrive as well as TSO as a whole. So fellas feel free to post comments on coverages and even your own pics and Videos of good and bad defensive plays from your games.​

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

That one is definitely more unrealistic, but overall I think that the experience is much better this year when throwing the ball than in previous years, where the defense would sit around picking daisies while 40 ovr WRs scored TDs on them

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Hey guys I apologize for my unnecessary comments on this thread earlier.

6. Raidernation

I feel ya on that one, but still IMO he Broke to a specific spot before I even thought to throw it and as I looked at it in game he seemed to go there as I pressed the button. In hind sight I agree I shoud have changed the play totally.(offensive tunnel vision)

The second play in the first post was just a contrast on how "our" AI plays vs the CPU's seemingly smarter counterparts. The actual play would have served a better purpose. I know there has to be a drop off at some point between us and them because we can adjust and the CPU can't. But I do notice certain animations that lock the DB or LB on the spot the ball goes to. And thats where I'm hoping the "patch" does the job.

7. Raidernation

Its cool Bro don't forgot to bring some of your DB highlights to the Uncanny Corner. I plan to play the antagonist in regards to the play of the CPU's defenses as well as my user games. See you on the other side.

8. Raidernation

I agree 200%, this years game makes you work for the W. It's got me hittin the film room Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Yeah, I agree that pick is a little unrealistic, but compared to last year, this games cpu defense is SO much better. The defense actually "plays defense" the way that it is supposed to. It is frustrating though.

10. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Patch # 2 out by end of the month, doesn't look like it will effect your Uncanny Corners.

11. BigKing

Starting to believe.

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

LOL...damn...must of had a mic in his ear!!

14. Raidernation

Yup ..... That's what I've been seeing ALL season I have more examples I just haven't been able to post. I've come to the conclusion that is button based. Meaning the AI responds to the button input then immediately goes the corresponding receiver.

15. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

wow BigKing, that is REALLY bad. That is just unrealistic and makes me sad...

16. Raidernation

Armstrong ( with some help ) makes a game changing play for the score​

anyone seen the CPU this far from his assignment ?​
    had I not seen it this could have been huge for the offense​

17. Raidernation

Based on this next video I've concluded that some adjustments have been made and EA got at least one thing right they have eliminated the Ultimate LB swat. I've gotten in a couple games and I have seen a few picks all consistent in the fact that the defender was looking at the ball the the whole way prior to the pick, more often if he turns his head once he out of the play ..... Your thoughts ???

Heisman difficulty speed thershold 17 ​
    cover 2 ​
    422A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_RTP.jpg
    From the pocket you can see the backers sitting underneath. The sideline was the #1 option and with the new passing system I could have thrown it, but with the safeties spread the hashes are the way to go.​
    422A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wtQ.jpg
    This is were NCAA12 would have allowed the swat. But in NCAA13 north-west on the sticks, the ball is thrown to the "open" spot. Mind you the Razorbacks QB is a decent 94 ovr I'm assuming his high rating makes these throws possible.​
    422A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_tHB.jpg
    From the top end you can see the ball within the 2012 range for a swat. The team I was facing was UL Monroe so there is a skill difference and this ease my very will change with top their defense . I'll be playing BigKing soon hopefully I survive the first half stay tuned.​

• Like Like x 2
  18. Raidernation

Two highlights from my game with BigKing (Heisman 7min)​
    The first is a clear example of what not to do, its a bad throw by my QB to what would appear to be a mis-match. FSU lined up in a Tampa 2, the LB stayed in his assigned area and was given a treat​
    Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 12.50.57 AM.png
    From the pocket you can see the flats covered and the as well as the outs on the sidelines. My dumbass should have dumped it under neath to my TE. The WR open towards the right is open also but is running a double move so it hasn't developed yet, although with the new passing controls hitting him here would have been a decent option.​
    Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 12.50.14 AM.png
    From the top view you can see, as I should have, that the LB was watching closely the entire way in this picture the ball is still with the QB. I admit I was trying to go over the top by using the new hotness which is the passing control but it was nullified by good awareness by the linebacker.​
    This one looks a little like the NCAA of old, its another bad read this time on an out route. I didn't use the left stick at all because I was trying to nail the WR fresh out of his break ... bad move. This video plays fast at a bad angle and the screen shots didn't make the cut, its just long enough to see the DB make a play on the ball. Versus a slower guy this play might have been taken up the sideline the other way. I like what I'm seeing in NCAA 13 so far, who knows if a couple patches break it or make it ...... we will find out soon enough​

19. Raidernation

This next one is beginning to bug me. I don't know if its the randomness of the defensive adjustments kicking into conservative, a glitch or just how the game plays out. It seems to happen only on an out route ran by the inside receiver be it the slot or TE vs. man defense. I would like you guys to observe this in your games played and test the various scenarios. I've tried to set the adjustments to aggressive (offline dynasty) it works a little but not on a consistent basis. I hope there is a patch for this coming up because with adjustments being illegal this kills my plans for a primarily man up defense.

Pay attention to #26 he was manned up on #4 as he makes his cut outside the guy goes in the opposite direction. Is this him playing off of the receiver in hopes of not getting beat deep ? Or is this problem city given to us by EA? ​
    422A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_VGG.jpg
    Here my DB is in his back petal while the receiver is breaking down for his cut to the side line​
    422A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_WKd.jpg
    While the receiver begins to come out of his break my DB begins to go in the opposite direction. His man coverage in in the mid 80's. we have a problem houston.​
    422A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jlv.jpg
    This is the crazy one, look again at both snap shots you'll notice two of my DB's getting waxed on coverage. As their assignment breaks, both DB's are headed in the wrong direction as the pattern is ran. I'm seeing this on man coverage only on outs and corner routes ran by the inside receivers on a very consistent basis. This happens on both sides of the ball, try it out yourself. ​
    Have you guys noticed this?​
    What kind of issue do you think this is? ​
    Solutions ?​

C Young Erik the Red Magoo Cocky Marine BigKing WreckEm27 Chris Rouse jonskinny12 dj illmatic 23 eberdeeber clayandlbf

20. Raidernation

Since everyone is having a blast with NCAA13 I'll pose the questions again.
    Have you guys noticed this? ​
    What kind of issue do you think this is? ​
    Solutions ?​

21. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I know the patch is supposed to fix somethings. Guess we wait to it comes out. But yes ive seen that

• Like Like x 1
  22. Raidernation

The real question is why hasn't anyone said anything about this specific issue? The example I used has two DB's with decent ratings looking like fools, I guess I'm lost in the sauce here because the CPU beats me on Outs 80% of the time. If I throw in a blitz the QB still will get it out to him.... stupid I tell you. Cover 4 tight will get the job done or even a 3 but they have lapses because of the AI zone issues. I think its best to decide not to decide so thats my decision ......... I love that line.

23. BigKing

Lots of stupid shit happens in this game.

24. Raidernation

I know man .... like you winning LOL but seriously certain things are RE DICK QUE LUSS for real. I almost had an aneurysm on my loss to Auburn but fuck it, I'm a beat the system type of guy ... EA just randUmBly changes the system.

25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I've seen lots of bad man coverage in my games, nothing quite as bad as your example that I noticed however. I don't have an answer for how to fix this, maybe the patch?