Thank you Urbie.

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 27, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thank you Urbie.

You make or HCIW look like nothing with the I'm taking a year off and might be back.

:dance nana:

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What? Haha

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Como se dice en Ingles? :)

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Urban Meyer makes FSU Head Coach In Waiting deal with Jimbo Fisher look great. While Urban can't decide if he wants to come or go. It is really gonna be the deciding factor for players like Joshua Shaw and Matt Elam.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Meh you're reaching.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

This is what he is doing...

1. wait for team who is intrested in Tebow to fire Coach
    2.get job with said team
    3.if he can't get a job where tebow will land go back to Florida

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

You're really close in your assessment. I'd just change a couple things...

1. He's taking a leave for health reasons. Just as any average american would from their job in order to get their health back in line.

2. He's exhausted and needs a break from an extremely stressful season due to the expectations this team faced from the media and fans.

3. He'll be back by June. The guy only knows 1 thing, football. He's going to go nuts sitting at home on the couch. Eventually his wife will yell at him for not unloading the dishwasher or fixing the sink or something like that and he'll decide it's better to be coaching football.

Other than these minor changes, you're spot on Jimmy. (He's not going to the pros, he has never had any interest in the NFL. He enjoys mentoring and teaching young men, not baby sitting pre madona NFL guys)

As for the recruits, that's what stuck out to me the most. It's horribly bad timing. I wish him well, but the timing sucks. He's in the midst of signing one of the best classes at UF ever, then he announces this. Undoubtedly a couple guys will jump ship. I hope they don't though.

This points out a flaw in the system though. All these kids think they need to commit to a coach, that shouldn't be the case. These kids need to commit to schools. In all reality, only 1% of these guys will end up in the NFL. So the opportunity to get a quality education is what should be foremost on their minds. Unfortunately it isn't.

Also, any kid that jumps ship because Urban Meyer takes a health leave of absence to commit to one of our rivals lacks intelligence. If he thinks that the situation at Florida is in flux, he's wrong. Urban will be back, in the meantime, it's an internal hire so everything will remain the same. Urban will be near by to consult as well.

Here's what you get at one of the rival schools:

UT-Kiffin is close to blowing that ship up at any second with all his recruiting violations and jabber jaw. He could lose that job at any moment, and Ed Orgeron has already left.

UGA - Mark Richt is on his last leg. If he doesn't get things going soon, he'll be taken to the woodshed.

FSU - Really? Come on, you're going to uncommit from UF, a powerhouse in the SEC with a coach taking a leave of absence to go to a school that has a HC who hasn't even coached his first game yet? And if your arguement is that he has, then why can't they beat the Gators??? Not to mention, the academic integrity over there is questionable.

LSU - Miles is on his last leg.

The only other place anybody with a level head could commit instead of Florida would be Bama.

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

If Urban is hitching his wagon to Tim Tebow's NFL "star" he is much dumber than I thought.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Don't worry GoGators. Alabama won't take all of Floridas recruits. Just the good ones that can stay out of trouble. So your looking at losing 4 or 5 recruits

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I was thinking about this yesterday. Imagine the Recruits who are gonna question if they are indeed going to attend Florida when they dont even know if Meyer will actually be there. Good time to be FSU or Miami.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Did you read my post that directly commented on this???

Anybody that leaves for Miami or FSU has brain damage haha. Case in point:

Miami - got beat by an average Big 10 Wisconsin team last night in FLORIDA!!! Randy's been there for how long now? And what's he done? They're struggling to compete in the ACC. And, those jersey's are ugly!

FSU - If you're going to decommit from UF because of it's coaching situation, why would you commit to FSU? Jimbo hasn't coached a game yet. And if you say he has been coaching all along while Bowden's been there, then why would you commit to a 6-6 coach? They'd be better off going to Ohio State. And again, this is another program struggling in the ACC.

UF - Addazio went from a great O line coach to a very scrutinized OC and now to interim HC in one year. I wish I had that kind of luck. Either way, he knows Urban's philosophy for winning and he'll be fine. UM will be back soon. This is a pretty ridiculous situation though. Right now we have a HC on a leave of absence, an interim HC, and no OC or DC.

Man it's confusing to be a Florida Gator! (for the time being)

Either way though, one recruit doesn't significantly change your program. I'd rather have Urban Meyer take a year off and lose some of our recruiting class than lose Urban for good and keep the class.

13. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Gets your licks in now...while you can.