Thank You

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 15, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thank You

I wanna say thanks for being patient with me during these last few weeks. It was kind of hard focusing all my attention to my premier league and not you guys. With my football season winding down, only 4 games (including playoffs if we don't get knocked out) to go. With that in mind I'm pretty sure I can handle the grind of being the "old" JerzeyReign again, around talking shit:)

I see we have some new faces welcome, finally get a chance to get my revenge on fordtuff... still the best game of Madden I've played:). But there is one thing concerns me though. Before this message the last post was on the 13th. Yeah I know its only two days but with all the leagues falling apart right now this league was close to being thrown in that heap. I honestly thought with the fall back from content this year y'all would be in season two somewhere.

Is interest in the current format slipping? Should we open up more conferences? Have a coaching career style dynasty? What can we do as a league to get our "swag" right? Whatever we decide, I'd like to see the return of content and maybe hard advances. Shit my premier league is finishing up year 4... I want that to be all the leagues I participate in.

So what's up? Let's get this thing poppin' again!!

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

The switch back to a less attractive team got me interested again but i have to admit with the way some people are getting their games in i am losing interest more and more each day.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I wanna change that... we don't have to restart... we just have to get thru this season if y'all want it doesn't matter. I just want the interest rejuvenated. I think a coaching style OD would be great for interest but we'd have to really enforce hard advances for that to work or some people may never leave a school like Toledo.

I'm for anything. I personally want to go with the coaching career thing because that seems to keep the most interest because anyone can win with powerhouses that get any recruit they like. I'd rather earn my right to coach that school to have that luxury.

Just toss out ideas guys... its time to get moving.

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I was starting to feel the same way...thought it was the "Southern Marathon" league. (n)

Jerzey, good to see u back.

5. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Wow, and to think that I was alone. I was starting to feel the same way. I enjoyed this league so much the first time through season one, but this go around doesn't seem to be on par with that first experience. I was beginning to think it was just me and even contemplated resorting back to my old offline ways. But I'm open to suggestions to get some life back in this league.

I'm not completely sold on the coach mode, I don't know if the longevity of a league is present to make that rewarding enough for me. Plus, if we do start with small schools I would almost want to reduce the recruiting difficulty. I know I'm struggling to get talent with Nebraska, I could only imagine what sort of "recruits" I would get with Western Kentucky or whoever.

I enjoy playing with the Huskers (probably because I'm a homer), but ideally I would like to work something out where we can still play with the big teams and regain some of the first go around's appeal.

Also, glad to hear from you Jerzey. I was beginning to think you didn't like us anymore :)

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

down for whatever I am guilty of A losing interest, B taking too long ot play games and 4 not advancing in a timely fashion. All things willbe corrected. That first sentence was a joke BTW, I'm a highly educated Furman grad.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I play my games, I make my game summaries, I try to stay engaged, but yes...it does seem like there's not much going on here unless user vs user games are being scheduled.

I thought we're just trying to breeze through to season 2 before we start doing the contents anyways? With that being said, there are definitely individuals that are taking a long time to get their games in. I go through at least 2 games in my Z2H league before I even see an advance in this one, and it's not like that league is moving at a lightning speed either.

To be honest, if we're starting all over, I feel like I'm just wasting my time for this season with the games and recruiting.

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

We honestly should be a good dynasty judging by our competition. Me and Spliff have played 2 tight games, had a good one with nrg, heartbreaker to ND, I got overpowered but stayed respectable against Dean, me and Sdid had a close game in the BfR tourney, and though I haven't played Jerz I still curse him for beating me for the Conf USA crown on '10 with a hail mairy.

It's all there for a great and hotly competitive OD. Maybe we just haven't found that right mix of teams/users yet. Though I have run Va Tech into the friggin ground @ 5-5 I'm still looking forward to putting it all together next season.

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Left out Drow who was in the process of pummeling me but with a couple more recruiting classes, I think I could hang with Bama.

10. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Im still 100% interested and committed. Why ARE we moving so glacially slow? Frankly if you can't get a game in within 3 days, you've missed your chance in my book. I'm fine with hard advances, because the appeal of NCAA vs Madden is that NCAA actually has something to build on. Madden doesn't, you may draft players, but with no salary cap...I wont go on.

If there is anything that may make OTHER people less interested:

A)Recruiting is nearly impossible. It's funny because in another one of my dynasties they have caps on how many 5 star players you can recruit, and with Heisman Recruiting, many user teams recruit ZERO.

B)The Sliders are WICKED hard, almost unfairly so.

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I never noticed about the 5-star recruiting...is this true? I always thought I couldn't nail a five-star guy just because...well...North Carolina isn't on that level yet! Although I might have one 5-star either this year or the last (before the restart). Can the higher-tier guys comment on this?

As for the sliders, I don't really have any problems with it, but it could just be me. My running game is decent and my passing game is off the charts. I think my QB leads the NCAA in passing yards. However, I've thrown for as many INT's as I have TD's, although most of the time it's my fault.

12. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Gameplay wise, I enjoy the difficulty of this dynasty. I think it really helps to test us and develop our skills, possibly why our user games are so competitive. Although, I am still a little bitter that I lost the National Title last year to the CPU I think it's cool that our CPU games need to be taken seriously.

I'm not sure if Nebraska is considered higher tier, but I don't even bother with 5 star recruits unless I'm their #1. Even in those cases, it's usually a long shot I land one.

13. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I most def still down..if anyone is still unhappy with their team and want to got to the SECwest I will switch with ya

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

advanced

15. JDBattleMC

Thank Jesus. Trying to pull in a TOP class here buddy!

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

So what are we going to do? Keep pushing in this format or switch it up??

17. JDBattleMC

Its not the format thats the problem, is it?

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No, just trying to find a spark... we'll see once this season is over...

19. JDBattleMC

Is there not one particular person that we are waiting on? I feel like we have a SOLID core of active owners, and then there are people that don't post in these threads at at all.