Thanks for the fun

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by AzureEffect, Mar 22, 2012.

1. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

I appreciate this site and having been a part of TMFL. There are some stand up guys here and sites like this are needed in the sports gaming simulation community. I found this site to be refreshing and its posters to be more idealistic and open minded than other sites.

I will go ahead and save the League the trouble of "removing" me over "recaps" and resign. I left the Titans in great shape with a 4-0 record and multiple 1st & 2nd round picks for the next two seasons. Thanks to Emmdotfrisk & RynoAid for welcoming me to the site and I will continue to refer Simulation gamers here as well as post in the forums and chop it up with guys I've come to know.

Thanks,

Azure

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

You don't want to stay and just do the "recaps"? Hate to see a good owner go. Just brush all that other stuff off your shoulder and move on (or handle it via PM).

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Really hate to see you go. Any way we could convince you to stay? Seem like a good guy in our trade dealings.

If not, wish you the best.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Never got a chance to play you but good luck in the future.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Give me Jake Locker first :) gl in future

6. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

I hate to see my man AzureEffect leave the league, but I understand the reasoning behind his decision. We just lost a good one!

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I have mixed feelings on this one...

You can find an hour of your time to play the game, but not 5 minutes to write a simple recap?

I think this is a lousy reason to leave IMO.

If your game went into OT, would you not find 5 more minutes to finish it?

I think a simple score, thank your opponent, and 1 line recap of the game would suffice the powers that be.

I respected you as an owner and what your brough to the table for TMFL, and wish you would continue your journey here.

If there is more behind the story than recaps, than thats a different scenerio, but if its just about the recaps and taking some slack for it..

COMEEEE OOOON MAAAAN (In my best Chris Carter Voice)

• Like Like x 6
  8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wish I could like this more than once...

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

make it happen!

• Like Like x 1
  10. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Only problem is, this wasn't about recaps... I have no problem doing them

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If it isn't about recaps its because you made it that way. If you had no problem doing them we wouldn't have even interacted today.

12. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

As I stated in my post earlier. I was going to do a recap for Week 5 before Ghost got on here and stirred the pot then you chose to publicly follow it up like you did. It couldve been handled much differently like I said...as I don't have a problem posting recaps, you didn't see one Week 4 because my opponent asked to do it and I obliged.

13. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Shaun Mason is right in this case regarding the recaps but the way you say things at times can be very berating. Yes you are the owner of the site and the commissioner of the league but you don't have to talk to people like they are your underlings. We are all grown men here and even those who don't follow the rules deserve to be treated as such.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

But its just a recap.. like previously stated-- takes less then 3 minutes...

EDIT: This is more of an agreeing with you thing. If you can't handle doing recaps then there is something lacking..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  15. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    wow this is like being at work. people did what they were asked/signed up for it would take less time than to just do it. geesh. thanks for the break from the tebow drama....

• Like Like x 1
  16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Ill be honest..Ive talked to Shaun, and while I use to think he was "intimidating", I found that he can be one of the nicest guys to talk to. I think you have to be hard so guys "get" it. Again, I am not trying to stir anything, just stating that Shaun is a pretty cool guy

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

just say ok ill do the recaps and get over it, jesusss

• Like Like x 3
  18. Masler

Masler Moderator

DROPPING LIKE DAMN FLIES

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah no shit. Dont pile on Shaun here. He tried to be the nice guy, when that didnt work it's obvious the only recourse was to play hardball.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

TMFL will be fine, just some more minor drama..

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I've got a couple thoughts to share.

1. When I wake up every morning there are 30 PM's in my inbox, all that require me to perform some action.
    2. I get approximately 100 tags per day, requiring me to do such.
    3. I spend more hours per week working on TSO stuff than I spend gaming a month, by far. All of you who have plowed through Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, etc. should think about that I have 6 games sitting in cellophane in my entertainment center, because I don't have time to play them.

On top of the things I do for the site in general, I've now taken on the TMFL as my "baby". If anyone can argue that things are going smoother in the league than they were previously, despite me screwing up the Franchise file, I'd love to hear that. None of the above have anything to do with the TMFL. In addition to the above, I:

4. Get an average of 35 PM's per day regarding trades in the TMFL.
    5. Every other day, I receive between 25-30 League Questionnaires that I read and catalog.
    6. I don't get paid for any of the above.

At this point, I haven't even mentioned my actual job (where I work 50+ hours per week on average), my two hour daily commute, my four children, etc.

The moral of this story: I don't have a whole lot of time.

The result: I'm pretty straight forward. Anyone who has had any real dealings with me understand that I love this community, that I work very hard ON it, and as long as I'm treated well I go out of my way to help people. The people who know me in real life know that I'm the same in life, I will speak my mind and get to the point, I don't have patience for sugar coating things. The people who tend to think that I'm abrasive typically fall into the "I'm a grown ass man you can't talk to me like that" and the "I'm a grown ass man, you wouldn't talk to me like that in real life" crowd. Let me be the first person to tell you, I most certainly would talk to you exactly the same way in real life. It's amazing to me the voice people give me when reading my words, simply because people think I am a hard ass. You know what...if you had to deal with some of the petty ass bullshit that I have to listen to, you'd end up not mincing your words either.

As for you "grown ass men" out there:

Where I come from, when you agree to do something, a grown ass man does it. They don't need someone nagging like a woman to do things. The work I do on TSO, and my real job requires me to get shit done. I simply have zero respect for people who don't get shit done. If you don't have time to do something you agreed to do, you shouldn't have agreed to it, because people have expectations when you agree to things. That's why we frown on people quitting leagues here, isn't it?

AzureEffect, you may think I have a personal problem with you, but the truth is that I simply expect people to follow through on what they've committed to. Let's not sit here and pretend that I haven't broached the subject with you before, because I have.

In this thread: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-current-state-and-future-discussion.74111/

There you see, I told everyone my expectation. Now, most of the league signed off right away. However, I had to tag AzureEffect to even do that. His response?

My response:
    Again, nothing in the way of "Ok, that's fine from @AzureEffect". Everyone else who didn't comply to those rules was booted from the league. I tried to give AzureEffect the benefit of the doubt. Mind you, this was at the tail end of LAST SEASON.

That was March 1st, 22 days ago. Since then:
    Week 16 (Last Season) - No recap
    Week 17 (Last Season) - No recap
    March 6, 2012 -
    Divisional Round (Last Season) - No recap

This season:
    Week 1 - No recap
    Week 2 - Did a recap, awesome
    Week 3 - No recap
    Week 4 - No recap
    Week 5 - No recap

So, to summarize:

After I posted that it was a requirement, I received a "not sure if can do", reiterated twice, told "I'll start doing them" and then one time in 22 real life days is a recap done, THEN I post, again reiterating that it is a requirement. This time however, the "grown ass man" who doesn't have time to write a sentence each week is able to unleash a multitude of LONG PM's about how I'm an asshole, AND a couple good sized posts in public about same.

You'll note my pestering got stronger as I was continually being ignored. If me saying something in public a couple of times before had no effect, what exactly does asking you again via PM accomplish? Like I said above, I'm not sure what motivation I have besides recaps to keep pestering you to just do what I've asked you to do, but if you can find some hidden Illuminati theory behind me being unfair/an asshole/derogatory let me know. Don't keep telling me you are going to follow through, not do it, then come at me with "I'm a grown ass man", because "grown ass men" execute and get shit done.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  22. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Thanks, as you have so eloquently put and proven, this is all on me. Preshate it.

23. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Well my issue was addressed nothing else to really say.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's the funny thing, it isn't about blame. I get tired of continually defending my attitude and how I accomplish things, especially when told that I was being disrespectful of you.

25. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

If you still don't see how you could've sent communication in a PM then oh well. Continue to do you and good luck with the rest of the League.

Just let the record show that It was about something unrelated to the game, not gameplay, not about missing games, setting up times and not showing up and making sure my games were in so the league could move smoothly, not about running money plays, not about doing something illegal, but recaps.

Recaps. Anybody that has ever dealt with me as far as game wise, trade wise or just posts on the forums can vouch that I am a good owner but because of the lack of recaps I'm all of sudden the scape goat.

I just think it could've been handled differently and you did talk to me out the side of your neck in the most recent post about the Week 5 recap. Trying to get a point across or not. I'm not a child and I'm not one of your drones. If that conversation would've happened in real life, I would've laughed in your face and asked you who the hell you we're talking to like that. I'm sorry that you can't see your disrespectfulness in that post.