Thanks guys but Im going to have to step down

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bradkaz96, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

I hate to do this to you but I am just not enjoying this league. I know Im a good player but maybe Im just not good enough. I shouldn't be struggling like this. Im just not enjoying myself and I find myself just wanting to sim through games because I cant do anything on either side of the ball.

I shouldn't be losing a game at home to Kentucky or in a shootout with West Virgina, better yet Kentucky shouldn't be playing like a powerhouse. Thats not sim at all. Can I win the game? Yeah if Im calling the same routes all game long but thats just not fun for me at all. Not my style.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the opportunity I just don't think this league is for me.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK then. Good luck finding a home. There are all kinds of leagues. This one isn't for everyone. I would like to add, though, that we have been having discussions about difficulty, and your voice is noticeably absent. You have a say in your own league, my friend, and a sudden drop combined with zero input (one two-word post in the past week) isn't really on us.

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Users make sim nation what it is and they also take from sim nation what they want.

Your right archie this is a open book so it isnt on this league

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

If I threaten to leave can we lower the difficulty !?!?

I kid I kid ;)

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Find a nice non-premier league to get in.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We can talk gameplay in the slider lab. I'm always open to the thoughts of the players. If we all agree on something, or reasonably agree, we'll make changes.

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I knew it wouldn't take long before I had to pull this bad boy out....even more suprising a Premier League guy

Anyways...here it goes! Your favorite thing BDSDIGITAL

SEASONAL LOOKOUT.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I thought we might get one of those.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

David

font needs some work

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

What surprises me the most is that when some people struggle, their first reaction is to say, "This isn't fair! It's too hard!" Whatever happened to practicing and working to get better? Or giving a member who has been having success a call and asking for some advice? You don't have fun with NCAA unless your winning every game? I'll never get that.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you find a league that brings you enjoyment.

11. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Not my forte

12. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Wow, I come in here and respectfully tell you guys Im leaving because winning a game shouldn't involve cheesing the CPU and I get flamed out for it. I talked with Bigsmooth about this matter a couple weeks ago so assuming I didnt talk to anyone about it is just that, an assumption. I have been playing football games since before some of you guys could walk im sure. Its not a matter of winning, its matter of enjoying the league and Im not enjoying it at all. I have to reference a recruiting chart to see who I can and cant recruit. I have to pick one 5 star recruit when like 20 are interested in my school. Im sorry that's just not fun. Recruiting is more important/fun to me than playing the games.

When I'm making the right reads and still getting picked off my superhuman defenders thats just aggrivating. Should I sit here and make the same money play call over and over just to get wins and compete? No I refuse to do that, its not sim (I use my whole playbook) And coming from a community of SIM players I expected to be treated with respect upon my decision. Perhaps Im just not as good as some of you guys and believe me that maybe the case. With that said I think I made the right decision. Good luck with the league and I hope you all have fun. Like I said I didn't want to leave I just don't want to continue doing something that I don't enjoy I would assume you guys could understand that and not result to bashing.

Regards,
    Brad

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sorry about the outside traffic, but it kinda happens when this kind of thing occurs. Long story short - you quit without sufficient cause ("I'm losing" is not sufficient cause) rather than staying and helping us change the league into something you like better, which we would have done. First weeks are always bumpy, but a sudden quit coming from a guy who's last place in activity on the forums is not going to be met with the kind of response you were expecting. Last guy in - first guy out is going to cause some shots to be thrown, and while I may not be the guy throwing them, I can understand why some people are.

I am only surprised by your surprise. Didn't you know the guys would expect you to commit? Isn't that what this whole TSO premiere league thing was built on?

• Like Like x 4