Archived That Time Of The Month: Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

OKAY

I should have said something before but I usually don't get into this whole slider shit, but I have some MAJOR fuckin beef!​

REALLY Louisiana Monroe​

EJ Manuel missed every pass you could think of: wide open, short, deep, intermediate, etc..​
    10 for 33 TEN for THIRTY THREE 30%
    their defenders were drapped over me like Primetime, ULM!?​

ULM QB 18-33 383 Yards​
    Ambrose WR 9 RECEPTIONS 219 YARDS​

My 3rd down % 2-13 (15%)​

=========================================​

THEN THE PENALTIES​

18, EIGHTEEN combined and I had 4 when returning punts where 3 went for TDs...​

another note, Greg Reid felt fast on PR and KR but my HB that is 94 Acc seems slow during the game?​

614 total yards 630 total yards​

I'm sorry but the ones that we were playing with before gave me a fun and challenging time, these were shitty, absurd and not to mention I stayed up for this fuckery?

I mean people were having a tough time with the sliders were before and seemed the were fine, why screw with em?​

please enlighten me what you had against Maryland...​

Bamaboiking

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

LOL this is what happens when you are used to that easy bs. Pick a good team and have a easy time...lol.

BTW, if you had 18 total penalties total that would be bad......combined is not so bad unless you had 10+....

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

First, I told EVERYONE to play with the sliders. I told y'all to go check my offline career being tracked on TGT for stats and video of me playing offense. I will say they are a lot different.

If anyone goes into the game with the mindset of scoring 75 points just because they are the big bad wolf, they are mistakened. If anyone goes into the mindset of thinking they will have 3 play scoring drives every time, they are mistaken. If you play with the mindset of working towards your strengths and look to move the ball rather than score on every play, you will succeed. Not every drive ends in points but if you stay true you will give yourself a chance to win. If you don't stop your QBs motion while throwing you are probably effecting the lead passing controls. If you have the habit of fading to a side while throwing or dropping back 35 yards while throwing, you will struggle. Short routes and YAC are your best friends. The deep ball is still there but you have to take your chances carefully.

I would like to see video of your Punt Returns. Not sure what kind of phone you have but I know most have video nowadays. I would really like to see what you do during the returns. 3 PR for TDs is pretty impressive.

I was waiting for someone to post that :rolleyes:

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

My own thoughts are penalties are off.
    i too had 5 open field penalties. when i mean open field i mean the player is in open field and then a flag. what it seems like is once guys start to chase your blockers will block from behind.

cpu off vs user defense= about right for the level team i played. they did next to nothing

cpu def vs user off= cpu plays way beyond ratings. i ran many power o and iso plays that Penn Sts superior line was manhandled. Take away the 3 that broke big, my hb had 34 yards on 11 carries and all were of the power style of running. my backup had 12 yds on 7 carries.
    QB were 7 for 11 and neither is a pure passer. so passing it was not a big issue that game.

But to the point. My opinion is holding and clipping is set too high and user vs cpu def, the cpu plays way above ratings. I myself like the cpu to play just a little above its ratings. However ul Monroe should be able to score 10 if lucky vs fsu, but should not be able to stop the fsu off no matter what the play call is. thats what the ratings say and how I like it to play out

I like the challenge but it makes your oline and wr ratings irrelevant if cpu secondary and run stuffers are getting AI boost to compete. or your guy is getting AI hits to nerf their skills. guys that should have a mismatch dont in the trenches. My feeling is its close but CPU run d needs to go down 5 more or user run block upped 5 more.

Now i won my game 56-3 and had over 450 yds of off and gave up less than 200 yds on defense. I still think cpu played too well on short yd runs. especial considering the talent gap. Almost all my yardage came on two passes and three runs.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

First, keep the slider talk in a separate thread. No need to have a conversation in our content thread that will drag the attention away from somebody's post about the actual season.

Second, I'll knock the penalties down. Now, do you use the blocking assignment (or whatever its called) feature? Do you block to whatever way the line is favoring? Do you put it on aggressive if they have LBs threatening the gaps? Running is tough but its not impossible.

This is my C rated Temple team (with most of my line rated in the 60s or 70s) against a good Penn State team which had most of their line in the 80s or 90s. I got my ass whooped but my starting back (rated a 92) went for 149 yards on 27 carries. I will not that holding the sprint down the entire time won't get it done. You have to use your blocks and only sprint through your holes once they open.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

By the way, I would love to see video of these things. It only helps the league. Everybody has a phone that records.

And I changed the title of this thread but not because of any of y'all or the game. If anyone has a complaint about anything, real life included, just put it in here.

7. KnightNoles

I had 6-8 called penalties, and weird that the CPU declined a clipping penatly on a punt that I returned to their 38.

I always think one big play away, but if you have played me I can create a long drive and matriculate the ball down the field. I'm sorry I just don't miss a wide open WR 3+ times in 1 game! I should be able to use the left stick in the passing game but the throws were off by a mile! I don't mind punting (i like my punt statistics), I don't mind turning it over, I don't want to be cheated in doing so.

The punt returns weren't anything special, like I said Reid's speed and acc seemed different in the return game then in other aspects.
    1) I caught it middle of the field, great blocking and went down the right sideline and as I got inside the 5, watched the player commit the penalty as the hankie came out the pocket while diving into the endzone.
    2) caught the ball between the right hash and sideline, made a move and burned it down the left sideline, setup a block cut inside then back to the sideline, around the 15-20 yardline the yellow came out.
    3) I don't recall from memory.

I don't really get what was wrong with the other set, there were challenging at times and especially for the lower tier teams. I struggled with Duke early but the talent overcame that while Maryland and Clemson played me tough. Oklahoma was strong in the title game, I missed the Miami game. I rarely bitch, but when I do there is a problem!

8. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Heres what happened 123 yards of total offense. Rb who has clear lanes could get 3 yards down field without getting swarmed and i dont use the sprint button. MY Wrs were dropping open balls wide open balls. I remember one play i ran back to back my star WR was open past the first down dropped the pass both times. The thing that gets me is the down field passing.....there is no way to throw any it will be errant everytime i threw up a prayer and got one. After I pulled my starter for ints which brings me to...you cant use the EA lead passing system, throw a high pass its going past the WR, throw a low pass it goes straight to the ground, lead pass left or right...INT.

Defense it seems the CPU offense seems nerfed ill have to play more games but they got dominated pretty easily. Well until they got to momentum.

I scored 1 offensive TD, the rest came from defense and special teams

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll help the rushing...

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I think you guys are missing the premise of BCS Chaos...we have always used hard sliders and a competitive CPU defense. Otherwise there will never be any upsets or "chaos." Its sort of like our league culture. This is why we allow a variety of teams to be chosen at the onset of the league. We know Florida State can lose just as easy as army. When you have a quarterback who is above average it does not mean you should connect every-time with a WR. You have to throw correct every-time and on time. just standing back, floating left or right, or throwing off your back foot and pressing circle, you should not be able to always hit a guy on time and in stride. Thats unrealistic. WR's drop balls and quarterbacks miss targets in real games...why should we have the benefit of the doubt and assume we catch everything (I know that's not your point Knight, damn, lol). Besides excessive penalties, which the CPU can randomly abuse, I say everything else is fine. We might need to look at pass blocking....but everything else is within Chaos standards....

QB ACC is the biggest concern I assume for Knightnoles....I say if we leave QB ACC at 50 then the CPU defense and Human DEF should be at 100 and coverage and awr should be at 100....that way you pass happy, throw off your back foot, floaters will be intercepted if your feet aren't set.....

11. KnightNoles

I would say out of 33 attempts, 25-28 of them were standing tall in the pocket...

You have Chaos and then you have absurd gameplay which isn't fun, I loved playin with the last slider set and had challenging games. Last night was such bullshit.

Hard sliders doesn't always equal realism...

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol kn is pissed

13. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

was not fun...

14. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i do agree with him i was 7-31 passing yesterday thats absurd, especially when i cant use the lead/direct passing feature with this sliders, the only touchdown i had i had to tell myself not to use it and just throw a lob. if you want to leave qb acc the way it is..fix WR catching...one or the other

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I think I have to change my offense to a run and shoot or spread. I don't have 1 TE (as you guys know) so like a real coach I have to adjust to my personnel...I am a pro-style guy first, So I will get first hand exposure to this horrible passing sliders you speak of.....I need 8 wins in one season, I doubt will get 6......oh well chaos chaos chaos

16. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I passed for 354 yds against USF, but i could barely complete anything 5-15 yds. They pretty much played bump and run all day with safeties coming inside, finally i just started throwing over the top and had a 93 yd pass TD, and a couple of 60 yd pass TD's. i couldnt do anything rushing, i had 13 carries for 26 yds and once you add in the sacks i had negative yds rushing. I agree with Bama as you cant use lead/direct feature as it throws wild. I had a lot of penalties. but Jerzey is lowering that. My guys caught the ball fine but i think QB ACC needs a boost, I think. any throws i made over the middle were either overthrown or or LB would swat it down. I dont no what to make of all this, i should have tried these out before we started so I would have a better opinion

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I use conservative catch always...

18. KnightNoles

Or just move the passing sliders back to the old ones...

Yup threw for 347 yards on 10 completions, 33 attempts... so REALISTIC, again i harp on moving the passing sliders and tone down coverage by 5 or so, hate to see what OU defenders do if ULM was playing like that.

Yup, me too... the drops don't really bother me, its actually getting the ball close to the WR so he can have an attempt to catch it! lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

20. KnightNoles

I didn't have fackin time!

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not even when you were waiting for this new OD to be put up? C'mon son... we both know you could of gotten a quick game in. You were the first one askin' about the new file:rolleyes:

22. KnightNoles

I was in Bowling Green, Ky the whole weekend and was hoping until sat or sun for this new file to start cause my weekend trip to tally. Now I gotta risk taking the ps3 with the woman :eek: I have found a fill in just incase I get shit on 1 the woman and 2 the hotel internet

23. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I actually liked them even though the game seemed to close aginst akron lol...User running backs seemed kinda slow, but for me the passing didnt seem to bad...and the penalties were kinda high, but just on returns...they seemed fine the rest of the game

• Like Like x 1
  24. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I am about to play you guys are making me scared, my only beef with these sliders was the running backs felt sluggish, other than that short passes it is....

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

To my salty league members I just wanted to say:
    1. I shut down a little team like I was supposed to do.... mainly because I'm a :Rick Ross voice: BOSS!
    2. I went 9/12 through the air, 7/10 with my starter. No wide open WRs missed.
    3. I ran for 219 yards at a 5ypc clip
    4. I ran a punt back, well actually two but I got called for a block in the back on the return
    5. Did I mention I was a BOSS?
    ;)