The 2012 Baseline Awards Introduction and Nominations

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Feb 4, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

INTRO
    Welcome Baseline members! This is where we will begin the phase of deciding who will be our year-end awards winners! Here's how it will work. Each team will have the choice to either A) Nominate a player for an award or B) Second someone's nomination. Here's the trick. Every nominee MUST be seconded in order to be eligible for the award. So please i ask to really think about what you are doing here. If you can't think of someone deserving of the award, don't nominate them and second someone else's nod.

AWARDS
    Most Valuable Player - Self explanatory
    Currently On The Ballot:
    Kobe Bryant (LAL)
    Kevin Durant (OKC)

Nominated but needs seconded:
    Paul Pierce (BOS)
    John Wall (WAS)
    LaMarcus Aldridge (POR)
    Dwight Howard (ORL)

Most Improved Player - Someone who either stunk or was hurt last RL season that you tore it up with
    Currently on the ballot:
    Nick Young (WAS)
    Larry Sanders (MIL)
    Greg Oden (POR)
    Nick Batum (POR)

Sixth Man of the Year - Who came off the bench and just wrecked shit
    Currently on the ballot:
    Dahntay Jones (LAL)
    Nick Batum (POR)

Rookie of the Year - Self explanatory
    Currently on the ballot:
    Kyrie Irving (CLE)
    Kemba Walker (MIL)

Defensive Player of the Year - Who had you scared on the other side of the ball
    Currently on the ballot:
    John Wall (WAS)
    Rajon Rondo (BOS)
    Dwight Howard (ORL)

Mark Gasol (LAL)

Coach of the Year - Who was the best at the X's and O's of the game
    Currently on the ballot:
    Blaza (NYK)
    makinpropel (IND)
    JFace907 (CLE)

Bucs (LAL)
    BDSDIGITAL (BOS)
    Mike (OKC)

GM of the Year - Who won the front office battle
    Currently on the ballot:
    JFace907 (CLE)
    Bucs (LAL)

VOTING
    Unfortunately due to some late additions, players on the T'Wolves, Clippers, and Mavericks will be ineligible for the awards. However, EVERY COACH is welcome to vote. The voting will be on a top 3 system. First place will receive 3 points, Second will receive 2, and 3rd will receive 1. Highest point tally will win.

With that said, HAVE AT IT!

sonn
    Pagamer07
    Matrix Monkey
    SuperBowlNachos
    Bondzai
    Bucs
    BDSDIGITAL
    Mike E
    Blaza
    Timpegoose
    ZCar352
    bringbackjimmy
    makinpropel
    ryalaman

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

AWARDS

Paul Pierce - Celtics

Dahntay Jones - Lakers

Kyrie Irving - Cavaliers

Blaza

Jface907

Decided not to do defensive player of the year and most improved. Will 2nd someones later

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Kobe Bryant (LAL) - NBA's leading scorer and has more helpers than the others in the top 5

Most Improved Player - Someone who either stunk or was hurt last RL season that you tore it up with
    Larry Sanders (MIL) - ZCar has this guy playing great basketball, an enforcer around the rim on defense and has good skills on O

I will second makinpropel 's nod of Jones

Kemba Walker (MIL) - Just because we know he's gonna be here and i didn't want to second a nod of my own player

Rajon Rondo (BOS) - Dude should be charged for all the theft he's done

Bucs gets my nod here

I also give the nod to Bucs here as well

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Most Valuable Player - Self explanatory Kobe Bryant (LAL) - Seconded (hard for me not to go with the Homer pick here though....)

Nick Young (WAS) - I knew he was at least a solid player, but ryalaman has him playing out of his mind

I will third @makinpropel 's nod of Jones

Kyrie Irving - Third(ed)

no Vote here

@Blaza (seconded) - I have been blown out before, but i have never felt so helpless while I was being taken apart by his Knicks

JFace907 - getting the Cavs to winm more than 10 games is a miracle, and now they have a roster that is as good as 70% of the league

5. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Kobe Bryant (2nd)

Nick Young (2nd)

Kemba Walker (2nd)

John Wall (WSH)

Blaza gets my vote as he is a beast with the Knicks

JFace907 for getting the Cavs in the playoffs and getting Bogut was a great move for the Cavs future.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Most Valuable Player - Self explanatory Kevin Durant

Most Improved Player - Someone who either stunk or was hurt last RL season that you tore it up with This is a tough one because the stars have shined bright, but I'll take Nick Batum

Sixth Man of the Year - Who came off the bench and just wrecked shit I'm not really familiar with alot of the users bench players, but Dahntay Jones killed me.

Rookie of the Year - Self explanatory Kyrie Irving

Defensive Player of the Year - Who had you scared on the other side of the ball John Wall

Coach of the Year - Who was the best at the X's and O's of the game Makin Propel

GM of the Year - Who won the front office battle I'll give that to Jface

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

OP updated with how the ballots look thus far.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Guys,

If you can't find a guy you'd like to nod please don't hesitate to 2nd someone elses nod. Unless of course the guy you wanted to second was already seconded.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Also a heads up. Nomination process will close Thursday morning at 4am eastern. Voting will begin later that day.

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

(homer alert) John Wall. He averaged about 24-10... he may not win, but I think he should get on the ballot.

Larry Sanders

Dahntay Jones

Kyrie Irving

Rajon Rondo

Blaza

I'll second Bucs . I'll probably end up voting for JFace907 for his heist of Bogut, but Bucs made a few good moves too and deserves to be on the ballot.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I hate there are no alerts on forum runner. Just saw this. Ill get mine up today.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

AWARDS
    Currently On The Ballot:
    John Wall (WAS) (seconded)

Guy just fills up the stat sheet. Although he has major help with his Twin Tower big men, Wall is a guy that can beat you in a number of ways. He is arguably the best perimeter defender in the OA and he leads in assists by a mile. Not only these, but he adds the 3rd threat by being one of the most dominant scorers in the OA as well. Just a monster.

Currently on the ballot:
    Greg Oden (POR)

Big Oden has arisen from injury hell to have a solid season for bringbackjimmy and the Blazers. He has had some bigtime rebounding games and is a big presence in the paint defensively. Jimmy has extended Oden so look for Big Greg to roam the Portland court for years to come.

Currently on the ballot:
    Kyrie Irving (CLE) seconded

Really wanted to second Kemba because he is BEASTING right now. John Wall-lite who has just been on fire since ZCar traded for him. Unfortunately, Kemba's "green-light" has led to some very inefficient games as well. Walker has had several high turnover and low FG% games. Kyrie on the other hand has really done well to keep his ballclub in playoff contention and really turned up his game when he got big Bogut to work with. He isnt extremely flashy but he is one of the best FT shooters in the NBA and has a nack for making plays down the stretch.

Currently on the ballot:

Rajon Rondo (BOS) seconded

Going with Rondo here. Rondo and Wall are two of the quickest guards in the game. They are both straightup thieves finishing with over 60 more steals than the 3rd place steals man. This was a tossup but I'm going with Rondo because he is more efficient overall. Rondo makes tons of steals himself while rarely taking chances himself. He almost NEVER shoots 3's---and really stays within his game. This makes life really tough for an opposing guard.

Currently on the ballot:

ryalaman

Tough call, but I'm going with Rya, because I think he has really made the WIZ a dangerous team. Ryalaman missed a few games early in the season, but has quietly kept Washington above water and he really plays to his team's strength. Washington has an athletic bunch that can run the floor and make plays in transition. His bigs (Blatche and McGee) will never have incredible OVRs but they fit the style very well. I would not be surprised at all to see Washington advance in the playoffs.

Currently on the ballot:

JFace907 (seconded)

The Bogut move was a good look for both sides. ZCar got a huge expiring deal, but Bogut will be a mainstay in the middle for a long time to come. He's incredible on the glass and defensively. Now Bogut is not extremely mobile/athletic like a DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler so he isn't the best fit for an uptempo, run and gun offense. But in traditional, halfcourt sets, Bogut is a beast on both ends.

13. Blaza

After realizing that the Wiz are out of the playoffs, I've changed my MVP vote to Kobe and Coach of the year vote to Makin Propel. Sorry Rya

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

AWARDS
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Greg Oden
    JJ Redick

Kyrie Irving

Dwight Howard

BDSDIGITAL

JFace907 (CLE)

• Like Like x 1
  15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Blaza

Do you have a 6th man candidate?

16. Blaza

Yes let me update when I can get back on the xbox.

17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Ahem....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

AWARDS

I'm gonna nominate JFace907 here. The Cavs are much improved but still nobody expected them to make the playoffs. Especially not as the 6 seed.

Thats the only nominations I have. All the other catagories have someone on the ballot that I will be voting for.

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So no one that needs seconded caught you eye? Thanks for the love btw (all homo) :p

20. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm not quite out yet. That 3 game skid to end the year killed me (mostly because McGee was hurt) but if the Hawks finish 2-4 (remaining schedule: vs NO, @ TOR, vs CHI, @ NYK, @ DET, @ PHI) or if the Magic finish 3-2 (remaining schedule: @DAL, @ DET, @ CHI, @ MIL, vs IND) then I'm in. The ideal scenario is if you, Timpegoose , and Pagamer07 all manage to beat the Hawks because its probably pretty likely that they drop at least 1 out of their last 3 CPU games.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Improved/Comeback:

I'll 2nd Greg Oden

Defensive:

I'll 2nd Howard

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

MVP-Durant(2)
    most improved-Batum(2)
    6th man-Nicolas Batum
    ROY-Irving
    Defense-Howard
    Coach-Jface907
    GM-Ryalman

23. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Hard for me to nominate anyone. So unless you just want me to make an uneducated attempt I'll wait until I scope things out more and just do the actual voting.

24. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just second John Wall because I told you so.

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If you would like to abstain and wait until the ballots come out and we have our "campaign session" and just vote you are more than welcome to.