**The 2012 SEC BLOG**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by soxandgators, Aug 18, 2011.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Post em here boys and girls

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

FYI, I LOL'd at work after seeing the double asterix you included in the title of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soxandgators

Man those are the good laughs too. I do those reading content on tso and my co workers look at me like what what tell me...

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Arkansas had a big game against TCU...it was a lot of fun! I'll have a podcast up sometime soon. My computer has been stolen by the fiancé and taken to her place for picture editing

5. soxandgators

Week 3
    [​IMG] AT [​IMG]
    No stats we had a disconnect sorry

6. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

The YouTube video seems to be 9 minutes of a still photograph. Was that intentional?

Did you finish the game? The score was reported as 24-21 Florida (which would make Big D look even smarter than he seemed before).

7. soxandgators

Maybe your volume is muted on the pc it plays the audio for me. And no i wont be using still photos. I will be using a video package once this patch drops. It takes some time to put all together so want to wait till everything works flawless.

8. soxandgators

Ya we finished the final was 14-3 first quarter(Game 1) and 24-21 the next 3 quarters(Game 2).

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

So Big D, do I get a cover, since it was 38-24????

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Good question.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yes it stands. This wasn't subbed or simmed, which would have negated the results.

12. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

It stands as 24-21 or 38-24?

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Please clarify before I start pouting about the lost points... :(

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

38-24 as that is what it looks like both Sox and Ego say the final score was.

Am I wrong?

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Nope... You're right and Smooth gets the cover! (y)

16. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I think you could make a case either way, but the right thing (in my opinion) seems like the combined score (38-24).

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Agreed

18. soxandgators

Week 4
    [​IMG]AT[​IMG]

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 24 01.58.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 24 01.59.gif

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Georgia defeats the Cocks by 7 in Columbia. Unreal cpu plays in this one..player warping, Aaron Murray going Tom Brady on me, and wrs breaking 4 tackles on a slant route for a 50 yard td. I'm disgusted.....

20. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Week1 Alabama vs Michigan

Michigan jumped on Alabama early and scored 17 first half points. Alabama pulled within 7 on Freshman Alex Hunters 55 yard TD reception with 6:40 left in the game. Michigan put the final nail in the coffin when they scored again with 2:11 left in the game .

Final Michigan 24 Alabama 17

21. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

WEEK 3 ALABAMA VS UAB

Alabama appeared to have the game under control after jumping to an early 10 to 0 lead early in the 2nd Quarter when CJ Mosley intercepted a pass and ran it back for 100 yards for a TD. UAB would not go away as they scored the next 17 points to take a 17 -10 lead on a 7 yard TD run by HB Greg Franklin. Alabama would then score the next 13 points capped off by a 37 yard FG by Jeremy Shelley that put Alabama on top 23 -17. With 2:33 left to play UAB would not die and drove to the Alabama 18 yard line but had to settle for a 35 yard FG by Josh Zahn to pull within 3 at 23 - 20. Alabama put the nail in the coffin on a 19 yard run for a score by Freshman Dee Hart with 36 seconds left to win 30 - 20.

Final Alabama 30 UAB 20

22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

ScreenHunter_08 Aug. 28 22.59.gif

Alabama came to fayetville and saw what being a razorback is all about. Both teams played great and there were on a few key points that set us apart and ultimately won the game for the Razorbacks!!

As you can see below Ronnie wingo had a big game! He had a 63 yard rush 9 seconds into the game! He was the corner stone of our victory over the tide. True freshman WR Brandon Moore caught the lone TD pass thrown in the game.

ScreenHunter_09 Aug. 28 22.59.gif

The determining factor in this win is the third down Efficiency of Arkansas! We converted 44% of the time which may not seem like much but compared to Alabamas 15% its what decided the game! John struggled on 3rd down at the key points in the game1

ScreenHunter_10 Aug. 28 22.59.gif

The only big stat we have is Wingo at 126 yards rushing and 1 TD

ScreenHunter_11 Aug. 28 23.00.gif

After the Game Coach was quoted saying"It should have happened last year, but we got our share" "One Game at time, On to the next!!!"

Ronnie wingo: "I cant claim the glory here; I just followed my blocks! Go talk to my O line, i owe it all to them!!"

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Gamecocks Win a Tight Game 21-17 Over LSU

For Coach Easy and the Gamecocks the start of the 2012 season has been abysmal. The defending National Champs were coherced into playing their first game on the road in East Lansing and suffered a difficult set-back. Then in week 2 Aaron Murray and the Georgia Bulldogs ripped them apart through the air with pin point precision throws and near perfect execution of defensive clairvoyance. But since the 0-2 start the Cocks have been rolling. That was until a trip to Baton Rouge this weekend. The Bayou Bengals posed a tough challenge for the one-dimensional Gamecocks offense, but in the end big plays on defense and a few huge plays on offense were enough to secure a 24-17 win.​
    KEY POINTS
    • Biggest play of the game was a 98 yard fumble return on 4th and goal from the inch line. The Cocks dialed up a massive blitz that found it's target and separated the Tigers from the ball. The ensuing return put the Cocks up 7-0 and was the deciding factor in this game.
    • Marcus Lattimore continues to put up big numbers in an offense that is seemingly entirely reliant upon him. His 60 yard touchdown on an inside zone was a huge moment that should play over and over again on all Heisman hopeful highlight reels.
    • Is the passing attack, or rather lack there of, a Conner Shaw issue or is it something else. Sources from with-in the Cock's camp say there is a modest amount of debate regarding the passing attack and whether or not something can be done to salvage some sort of duality with-in the offense.
    • Defense continues to play stout. Multiple sacks, turnovers, and great run defense continue to be hallmarks of this team.

24. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Alabama vs Georgia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alabama got back on the winning track with a hard fought 20-17 victory over the Georgia Bulldogs. The first half was a defensive struggle for both teams but Georgia took the lead with 7:27 to go in the 2nd quarter on a 2 yard pass from Hutson Mason to Rantavious Wooten to give Georgia a 10 to 3 lead which held up until the half. With 4:20 left in the 3rd quarter will Lowery returned a fumble for a 21 yard TD to knot the game up at 10-10. Georgia seemed to regain the momentum with a score with 4:43 by HB​
    Carlton Thomas to put Georgia up 17-10. Alabama wasn't through though. The Crimson Tide rolled back into the game with a 11 yd TD run by Eddie Lacy with 1:19 left to tie the game back up at 17 all. It appeared the game was going into overtime but Alabam recovered a Georgia fumble with little time left on the clock and Jeremy Shelley kicked a 42 yard FG with no time left on the clock to give Alabama it's first lead of the day and the victory.​

Coach Nick Saban said "I am proud of how our players played today by not giving up. We will celebrate tonight but tomorrow it will be time to forget about today and focus on our next opponent the Ole Miss Rebels".​

25. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

ALABAMA VS OLE MISS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 4th quarter of this game had plenty of excitement. After being tied at 17 all Ole Miss marched down the field and scored the go ahead TD with 2:37 left in the game by HB Jeff Scott. That left just enough time for Alabam to mount a drive and score a 2 yd TD by Dee Hart with 26 seconds left. For the second week in a row it appeared Alabama was heading to overtime but again just like last week vs Georgia, Ole miss fumbled and Robert Lester ran it back with 1 second left on the clock to win 31 to 24.

Coach Nick Saban was quoted as saying, " It's great to win these type games but we need to start taking control of the game early on. Next week in Knoxville we are going to have to play better than we have so far." Alabama carries a 5-2 record into Knoxville.

Duron Carter had a breakout game with 7 catches for 135 yards. Eddie Lacy was he Tides leading rusher with 82 yards and 2 TD's.