The 2015 Experience MVP Edition #1

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's once again time to look at the players making an impact across the nation

Alabama

QB - LaRue Smith - 87/141, 1623 yards, 11 TD, 7 INT

While he seems to be keeping his TD's above the INT's, he needs to quit throwing it towards the defense if he wants to attract any national attention.

HB - Andrew Bowser - 112 Att, 619 yards, 10 TD, 1 Fumble

Only a freshmen and he has over 100 carries to just 1 fumble. He seems already comfortable getting the ball to the endzone.

Clemson

QB - Clifton Davidson - 72/111, 1210 yards, 9 TD, 2 INT

The kid seems to be pretty accurate with only 2 picks on the year. If he can keep this up he could end up being an early favorite.

Florida

QB - Nick Dickens - 105/136, 1637 yards, 13 TD, 4 INT, 41 rushes, 174 yards, 8 TD, 1 Fumble

Looks like we have yet another talented QB down in The Swamp. He is making all the Gator faithful forget about Richardson as he is starting to build his own legacy.

Florida State

QB - Colt Thompson - 92/128, 1673 yards, 16 TD, 3 INT, 31 rushes, 150 yards, 2 TD, 1 Fumble

The Freshmen from the Gators in state rival is giving Dickens a run for his money. Already this kid is leading the Heisman and making a splash over the OFOTY. Watch out, here come the Seminoles!

HB - Danny Mason - 98 Att, 647 yards, 8 TD, 2 Fumbles

He beats Bowser in yardage but barely trails him in touchdowns. These two kids could end up duking it out to become the best HB in The Experience.

Georgia

HB - Jeff Bonner - 111 Att, 694 yards, 6 TD, 2 Fumbles

Leading the Bulldogs is this HB. The QB of the team seems to be struggling right now so this kid has taken up the challenge of leading the team. Can he lead them to the SEC CCG over the Gators?

Michigan State

QB - JT Austin - 66/115, 1283 yards, 12 TD, 2 INT

Another highly accurate QB in this league. MSU has suffered a couple of setbacks this season but if this kid can lead them to a Big Ten championship, all will be good.

Penn State

WR - Jason Thompson - 16 Rec, 507 yards, 5 TD, 65 long

This kid averages 31.6 yards a catch, which is pretty amazing. He obviously knows how to get open and how to get the ball in the endzone. He has some strong competition to face in the Big Ten but if he keeps getting the ball, no one will stop PSU.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Man it's crazy to think Bowser and Thompson are only freshman with the years they are having. FSU's got some serious young talent at that school out west right now between Thompson and McCray.

And how in the hell is Thompson averaging over 30 yards per reception? Do you throw go routes all day or what? Must be some slow as molasses DBs up there in the big 10.

As for Dickens, yes he's certainly came in and tried to make a name for himself this season rather than play in Richardson's shadow. Having one of the most dangerous and balanced offensive units around him doesn't hurt either though. It'll be interesting to see how he does going on the road to Death Valley against Pa's Tigers.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Austin a really good story for my team. Dude was a 4-star, but he wasn't an ESPNU 150 recruit and didn't have the greatest ratings when I signed him. I never thought he would start, especially since he came in during Boisture's SO season and I signed that 5-star QB last season. Austin progressed a ton since he got on campus and now will get to start for 2 seasons. I really wanted to start that freshman kid this year with all of his ability, but Austin's progression allowed me to redshirt him which is probably a bigger positive to the program than Austin himself.

Another kid that I will be nominating for the HOF after this season that is one of the coolest stories I've seen in this game is my WR Marc Williams. He is a 93 ovr WR as a true senior right now, but when I recruited him he was a 2-star CORNERBACK. I noticed he had bad coverage skills but his speed was good and his hands were better than at least half my WRs at the time so I moved him before his freshman year. He led the team in receptions in his freshman year as the slot receiver largely because he was one of the few guys that could hang onto the ball. Fast forward 3 more years and he is the teams #1 WR for the second straight year. He reminds me of a walk-on player that isn't flashy but tries harder than anyone else and just gets it done.

4. GoGators

That is pretty cool that you recruited a 2 star cb and turned him into one of the best wide receivers on your roster

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

A couple of updates on Nittany Lion players (stats through 6 games).

WR Jason Thompson: 25 catches for 630 yards and 9TD's. He has yet to drop a pass this season. 18 PR's for 232 yards and 1 TD. He also has a rushing TD.

DE Justin McNair: 18 Tackles for loss and 13 sacks to go along with 2 Forced fumbles.

Thoughts

Gators mentioned something about Thompson's ypc a bit earlier and I thought I would address that. I do send Thompson deep alot. If people are going to play press coverage against this kid, they will be burnt. This kid is big, fast and has great release. I'll just throw it up to him in 1 on 1 coverage if I need to. Michigan tried to press him all day and Thompson only had 4 catches but all were huge gains. I have the philosophy to try to pound you and throw it deep. We'll adjust our gameplan as teams play us differently but as of now, teams are pressing us so were going to take what they give us. Thompson has also been a beast on punt returns and should be in the Heisman race. Many of our games have been blowouts so his stats could be much better but were better served keeping this kid healthy instead of going for individual awards.

Many would probably ask how McNair already has 13 sacks. To be perfectly honest, I don't know. As guys who have played me before, I never control my D-Lineman and I have never had a guy get so many sacks so this is news to me. I think it's a case of McNair being very good and DT Jamal Brooks always commanding double teams thus leaving the fast DE to locked up 1 on 1. We have begun playing much more zone and not blitzing nearly as much and it seems alot of his sacks are due to some decent coverage (I know, that's hard to believe). Both Brooks and McNair and first year starters as Seniors and both are making coaches wish they were starting years before.

There is a lot of season to play yet and were anxious to see if both of these kid's can keep up their stellar play. Both are seniors so we hope they can get another Big-10 Title and another opportunity to play for a National Title.

6. GoGators

Just an fyi, I wasn't calling you out, I was just being cheeky. No explanation was necessary.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Al Davis is your offensive coordinator??

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

9. AJ Hart MN

I know bro.. I always like my stats to be reallistic and I understand both Thompson and Stewart's ypc are insane.. I thought they needed an explanation.

10. AJ Hart MN

haha, we use the 70's Raider playbook. Vertical passing game!!

11. dakota7

Florida State update:

HB Danny Mason is out for the remainder of the regular season and should be removed from consideration.

QB Colt Thompson continues to play exceptionally well. He's thrown for 2729 yards, 22tds and only 4 interceptions.

Another Nole who deserves consideration is WR Derek McCray. Last years freshman of the year has earned Heisman consideration nationally. He has caught 51 passes for 1295 yards and 10 touchdowns.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's too bad about Mason. But W in T F are you feeding these players? lol

13. AJ Hart MN

Cheese [​IMG]

14. dakota7

I'm gouda.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Against Indiana a few weeks ago (right after I posted this) he broke the all-time record for career receptions at MSU. This week against Iowa he broke the all-time record for career receiving yards.

Not f-ing bad for a two-star filler recruit.

16. dakota7

Last year I would always check guys to see if they were actually out of position like your CB. This year I haven't done that, really at all. Its cool that they hide guys at other positions,....every once in awhile you'll see a punter with A speed, A acceleration and agility. I've never gotten a guy like that to sign with me, so I've never actually gotten to see where he wound up at position changes. Only the cpu would leave that guy at punter.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I will be updating soon.