The 2nd Annual Masters at Augusta National

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Note: Set the tries to 2

Welcome to the 2012 TCCT Phoenix Open
    All players,please keep all comments other then technical issues in the discussion thread

Country CLub GMs please setup tournaments with the following settings.
    Also note:
    Please be careful that your settings match exactly the ones posted below.Otherwise your club will be DQed from competition.
    Pay extra attention to the green grid - needs to be set to on
    and caddy needs to be off

If you have a weekly tournament that runs past 5PM on Monday,please setup the weekly for 6 days instead of 7

SkinniePost
    ivunphstu
    stufat
    JohnnyClutch

Welcome to the 2nd Annual Master's Tournament!
    Please use this thread to report issues and all scores outside of the weekly tournaments,all other topics goes in our discussion thread

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Good luck!

3. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

Should be fun GL to all.

4. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

I understand that Vlad is the defending champ? Good luck everyone, should be fun.

5. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Don't like my chances of defending :)

6. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

SkinniePost....what size jacket? j/k...

Good luck to all. Should be a fun time. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

Started out +6 to end the first round went -2 till I got to the 7th hole and shot a 8. It was all downhill from there. But I am happy with my +6 after last weeks rounds.

8. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow before playing the first round since I don't want the PSN maintenance to DQ me. :)

9. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Walk On

Yeah, your chances are pretty "skinnie"...errr, I mean slim.

• Like Like x 3
  10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Woohoo, trying to keep it under +100 for the 4 rounds.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Highlights of 4 rounds:

1. 43 ft eagle on 14
    2. 78ft birdie on 10
    3. chip in birdie on 11
    4. never sticking the green on 12 - best score was birdie on a fantastic chip in, worst score was double after going OB.
    5. hitting the ball in the creek twice on 13
    6. 1.2 putts per hole in round 2
    7. driving the ball 395 on 2
    8. chipping in for birdie on 5
    9. absolutely ridiculous save on par 5 hole 8, off in the trees on the left. played a hook with my wedge and trust me, if you've never tried it, do it now. you'll laugh at the angle you have to swing the stick.
    10. ridiculous 50 ft eagle on 13
    11. shoot 7 under in round 4, despite horrific conditions.

All that said, I think 8 under per round is probably a winning score. I'm guessing Skinnie could go as low as 30-40 under if he's really playing well.

12. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

What's your final score?

13. Keller

15 under I think - I was happy with it given the conditions

Also note - this is the most fun I've had playing Tiger in a long time. Extremely difficult conditions for Augusta and just a whole lot of fun and rewarding.

20mph wind on a lot of holes? NO PROBLEM! lol

14. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

Great score in these circumstances. I didn't know the course would play that difficult. Can't wait to have a little 'fun' too! :eek:

15. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cruising along at -3 through 15, thinking to myself, if I can get a few more birds and end up at -5, I'll be happy. Instead what followed was a lot of cursing.

On 16, hit my first shot in to the water somehow. I overcompensated for the right to left wind so I'd stay away from the water, but still ended up in it? Anyways, two putt for a double bogey. Down to -1.

I'm pissed, but it's ok...

On 17, I hit my tee shot into the rough. Overshoot the green. Chip widely past the hole. Chip and HIT the pin...then rolled down the green back to the fairway. Chip and 1 putt for a double bogey. Down to +1

Now I'm fuming...and when I'm fuming I play like crap.

On 18, I have to compensate for a right to left wind. So I aim towards the wooded area on the right of the fairway...and hit the one branch sticking out from that stupid bleeping tree that is only like 25 yds from the tee box. Now I have to somehow hit on to the fairway from the rough on a 25 degree angle. So, I hit it into the bunker. 20 mph headwind, so I club way down from in the bunker...and it hits the lip of the bunker. So I do it again, it hits the lip of the bunker but gets out into the rough. From there I pitch short of the pin. I then 3 putt for a bleeping quadruple bogey. Down to +5.

I went from -3 to +5 in 3 holes.

Up until the last three holes it was very enjoyable. The settings made for some difficult golf and I was satisfied for being at -3 through 15. But then some of the shots in the last few holes I felt a bit cheated. Most of it was me, but there were some questionable results on some of my shots.

I hope I can get back to -10 for the tournament, but that might be tough.

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Round 1 : -8 (64)
    10 birdies: 1,2,5,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,18
    2 bogies: 3,7
    FIR 13/14
    GIR 14/18
    Scrambling 2/4
    Putts 26

Highlights:
    *4 birdies streak 10-14
    *6 Iron second over water with 20MpH winds on the par 5 15th to 12 feet (follow by a lowlight)
    *hit it to 5' on the par 3 12th
    *23' putt from the fringe on 11th
    *12' downhill birdie putt on 18th.I'm always happy with par on the 18th

Lowlights(now an official word for TCCT purposes)
    #3 I hate this hole! I went all short of the tee.Somehow overshot the green with 58* by 10 yards,missed a 8' right to left downhill slider for par by 6 inches
    #15 After hitting my best approach shot of the day, I missed the STRAIGHTEST 12 foot putt for an eagle,by pushing it left :mad:
    #7 Missed a 6' par putt.It was slight right to left and I just froze on the follow trough and the break took it low

All and all I'm pretty happy with the round.Wish I had better luck with the winds- in my face on the par 5s all day (except for 15 where it was towards 11 o'clock).Missed couple of birdie putts by inches,but also make couple of nice par saves.

17. Keller

#VladofOld

18. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Nice shooting Vlad...

I started my third round birdie, birdie, birdie....and the my internet cut out. :mad: I called Comcrap...I mean Comcast and there was an automated message "There is maintenance currently being performed in your area. The expected wait time is 8 hours."

Whaaaaaaa....Thanks for the heads up, Comcast...you tools.

19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

It's almost like the more I play, the worse I get.....I'm afraid to even start this tournament based on my practice rounds.....nice shooting Vlad

20. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

For someone who didn't think he would stand a chance of repeating, that's a solid start. (y)

As I was reading your post and some other players' play-by-play description. I was wondering, if you guys take notes of your highlights and 'lowlights', it must take you a whole lot of time to play your round? lol Personally I believe it would be a momentum breaker for me but still like when you guys share your stories.

21. ivunphstu

ivunphstu Walk On

How about a creative way to break a player's enthusiasm?! :confused:

Did you manage to shoot a good second round and recuperate from that rocky start?

22. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I hate the water and the wind. 50% GIR I think in the first round led to poor scoring attempts for me.

23. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

... So the defence has started. Great round sir.

24. Keller

Its the first time i'd done it - it wasn't difficult to jot a couple notes down after something either heartbreaking or awe inspiring.

For me its just such a magical challenge so I relish it. I mean this is the hardest conditions I've ever had to navigate on Tiger..... probably ever. Something about that just made me want to write a few things down. I wish I could play it all over again to see if I could go even lower. I wish the conditions were like this all the time - Augusta with high winds is just bananas. Swirling 18mph wind on 12 I mean... come on!

• Like Like x 2
  25. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

I told myself if I could shoot -5 per round, I'd be happy. -5 in my 2nd round. and -5 in my third round. lol...I'd love to mulligan that first round! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.