The 3rd Annual HOF nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The 3rd Annual HOF nomination Thread

The time of the year is upon us again to vote in the best player/s of the OFFL West season. Depending on the amount of entrys anywhere from 1-3 guys can be inducted this year and join the other inductees. The more the merrier.

Here is the sample application that everyone should go off of when submitting players they would like to induct. All players are fair game including those who were nominated last season. I will be the decider of who gets on the final ballot. Voting for the HOF will take place after the national title game so you have until then to get your applications in. Here is the sample:

First Name: David
    Last Name: Lawrence
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: Texas Oregon
    Position: HB
    Number: 27
    Year Left Program: 2013
    Hand: Right
    Team Captain: N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed:95
    Break Tackle: 94
    Awareness: 81
    Agility: 91
    Acceleration: 94
    Catch: 81
    Elusiveness: 89
    Spin Move: 93
    Stamina: 89
    Juke Move: 90

Recruiting Information *optional

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time: 4.34
    Position: #1
    Overall: #7

Career Awards *optional

2010: RED SHIRT
    2011: All-American Freshmen Team
    2012: NONE
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Maxwell Award winner, Doak Walker Award winner, runner up in the Heisman

Team Stats/Records *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 11-3, 11-2, 13-1 (35-5)
    Conference Titles: 2 (2011, 2013)
    National Titles: 1
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

Coach Comments: Lawrence was a star from the moment he stepped on campus. After red shirting for a season, he was thrust into the starting position due to the departure of incumbent LaMichael James. Even though Lawrence was in a time share, he did amass an amazing 2,590 total yards (1,074 from scrimmage) and 15 TD's. In his Sophmore year, Lawrence put up similar numbers from the year before, but missed a handful of games due to injuries. In Lawrence's final season with the Duck he arguably put up one of the best seasons in College football history by a HB. 2535 yards, 32 rushing TD's 7.5 ypc, 30 rushes of over 20 yards good for 181.1 yards a game, all while leading his team to a national title. "[/B]

Be sure to include a photo of your player (take one in your next game for the person you want to nominate)

Post all applications here. Take your time as you have till the end of the season (After Natl Champ game) to get them in. Thanks guys

2. Hova

First Name: Matt
    Last Name: Barkley
    Home State: California
    Hometown: Newport Beach
    Team: USC Trojans
    Position: QB
    Number: 7
    Year Left Program: 2014
    Team Captain: 2012, 2013

[​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed:79
    Awareness: 84
    Throw Power: 93
    Throw Accuracy: 93
    Injury: 95

Recruited Prestige: 5 star
    40 Time: 4.34
    Position: #1
    Overall: #1

Career Awards *optional

2011: All-American
    2012: All American, Hiesman Runner up, Maxwell Runner up, Obrien Runner up
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Hiesman Runner up, Maxwell Runner up, Obrrien Winner

Record of Team for years he was there: 13-1. 12-1, 12-0
    Conference Titles: 3 (2011, 2012.2013)
    National Titles: 1
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

2013 Stats: 208.1 Rating, 258/350 4,235 yards, 45 TDS

Career Stats: 203 Passer Rating, 500/713 8,474 Yards, 89 TDs, 29 INTs, 6 Rushing TDs

Coach Comments: Matt Barkley is the definition of an elite QB. He holds ever OFFL West passing record as well as every USC passing record. He has an amazing 203.0 passer rating on his career. He has been right in the mix of title games for three years once again returning this season for a national title bid. He is the best statistical QB of the West and also the best I have ever seen play. He makes some amazing passes and my foes can attest to this. He will go down as the Best QB to ever play at USC, especially once he hoists the national trophy over his head. A sure 1st ballot hall of famer for the OFFL West.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

First Name: Duron
    Last Name: Carter
    Home State: N/A
    Hometown: N/A
    Team: Ohio State Buckeyes
    Position: WR
    Number: 4
    Team Captain: N/A

[​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 96
    Speed: 93
    Awareness: 70
    Catching: 92
    Route Running: 92
    Catch in Traffic: 92
    Spectacular Catch: 94
    Jump: 86
    Release: 92
    Elusiveness: 90
    Agility: 91
    Juke: 96
    Stamina: 90
    Injury: 88

Career Awards *optional

2010: N/A
    2011: N/A
    2012: All-American, Hot Streak
    2013: All-American, Hot Streak, Impact Player, Best WR Runner-up

Record of Team for years he was there: 12-1 (2012) , 10-2 (2013)
    Conference Titles: None under Coach Masler
    National Titles: None under Coach Masler
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2012 Sugar Bowl, 2013 Orange Bowl

2013 Stats: 59 Receptions, 1219 yards, 20.7 yds per catch, 14 TD's, Longest Reception was 91 yards, 93.8 yds per game

Career Stats: 121 Receptions, 2789 yds, 23 yds per catch, 31 TD's

Coach Comments: This kid is phenominal. I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves. Plays his heart out, two straight seasons with 1000+ yards receving and 10+ TD's. That isn't your ordinary receiver. Before I joined as Coach it looks as though he didn't see too many passes his way, well now under my watch he has become one of the elite in the nation, right alongside my 3 other receivers, all whom were runners up for the Best WR trophy. That's all thanks to a great QB as well...but he's a bit young to get nominated yet so we won't talk about him yet. Anyway, this kid can catch the ball almost anywhere you put it and get 5 yards at least and had that break away ability. Many games I saw him flying down the field for the touchdown. Unfortunately he did not break any notable school records but still stands out as one of the elite WR's Ohio State has ever seen, at least in my book. The Bucks will truely miss him next season but hopes are high that he has a great NFL career.

4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I started to nominate my All-American DE, but he was the one that got run over by the 178lb K-State halfback with 2 seconds left in the game, so heck with him.

How do you find a players awards anyway? I'm sure I don't have any Thorpe Award winners, but how about All-American status?

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Looks like a system QB to me. I do not believe system QB's should be in the HOF

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you just go to Stats and Season Stats then select the player you want and you should be able to view a players lifetime stats, it will you show you their stats from each year, career and any awards they may have won.

It should also show AA status...impact player...team captain...etc etc

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I don't think there isn't even a need to vote, Barkley should be a shoe in. But that leads to the question, If Barkley is a shoe in and finished 2nd in the Heisman......Heisman winner WR Justin Brown should be in as well?!?

Not sure if I am even going to nominate Brown though. He only had 1 good year.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'm not sure if I have anyone to nominate. Dyron Dye would be my choice but he only had 1 great season and 1 mediocre season since I took over this team. I'll look over my roster and see if anyone else stands out.

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I got someone who can match barkley easy

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

First Name: David
    Last Name: Wilson
    Home State: Virginia
    Hometown: Danville, Virginia
    Team: Virginia Tech Hokies
    Position: RB
    Number: 26
    Team Captain: 2013

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 96
    Speed:94
    Awareness: 79
    Break Tackle: 90
    Elusivness: 92
    BC Vision: 92
    Stiff Arm: 99
    Juke Move: 93

Recruited Prestige: 4 star
    40 Time: 4.4
    Position: #4
    Overall: #40

Career Awards *optional

2012: Maxwell Runner up, Walker Runner up
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Maxwell Winner, Walker Winner

Record of Team for years he was starter: 10-3, 12-0
    Conference Titles: 1 (2013)
    National Titles: 0 (soon to be one lol)
    Bowl Games/Wins: 1

2013 Stats: 371 Carries, 1959 yards, 28 Touchdowns 178.1 Yards Per Game, 5.3 Yards Per Carry

Career Stats: 653 Carries, 3781 Yards, 51 Touchdowns, 5.8 Yards Per Carry

Coach Comments: David Wilson is a all out Baller no doubt. He broke Hershel Walkers carries record and barring a late season injury he would have broke Barry Sanders rushing record and his touchdown record easy. He was the main piece in our run to the national championship this year shouldering more than 70 percent of our offense this year and doing it with great durability. He didnt have the flashy runs but he showed he could handle the NFL carry load easy. He holds every major Va Tech rushing record and those wont be broken anytime in the near future. If anyone he deserves your vote just based off his importance to my team. His stats speak volumes but his importance to my team is unmatched.

11. Hova

The Heisman voting is a joke, WRs win no matter what, Barkley was the only non WR on the list and he had insane QB stats.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Carter has been updated following Orange Bowl...

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Anthony Lalota HOF Nomination

First Name: Anthony
    Last Name: LaLota
    Home State: NJ
    Hometown:
    Team: Michigan
    Position: DE
    Number: 90
    Year Left Program: 2013
    Team Captain: N

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Ratings
    Overall: 99
    Speed: 86
    Awareness: 87
    Agility: 77
    Tackle: 89
    Strength: 85
    Power Moves: 86
    Finesse Moves: 87
    Block Shedding: 94
    Pursuit: 89
    Hit Power: 94
    Coach Comments: Anthony has been a leader on defense throughout his career. Over his time in Ann Arbor he compiled 82 tackles for loss with Michigan and NCAA best 47 sacks. HE also forced 10 fumbles and scored 2 defensive touchdowns of 51 & 84 yards. Anthony never received any major awards other than an All-Big Ten selection in his Freshman which is criminal considering his linemate Craig Roh won 2nd team honors this year with 54 tackles 17 TFL and 6 sacks while Anthony had 50 tackles 25 TFL and 17 sacks. This season LaLota finished fourth in the nation with 17 sacks.

14. Hova

You guys have till Sunday Night at 9pm EST to get these nominations in.