1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

The 4-2-5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Dec 8, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I know Ego runs it. Anyone else?

Here's what I'm thinking - Seems like I see more three wide sets than any other kind of set. The 4-3 and 3-4 seem to be geared towards the standard two-wide sets. I think the 3-4 is more flexible than the 4-3 when it comes to third down and blitz packages, but I just don't have the backers to go 3-4, and I have too many good linemen not to keep four down.

Also, I like to play the FS, and the 4-2-5 usually plants him in the middle of the field, or gives him more chances to make plays. I have three good free safeties, and just picked up two more. I'm thinking of making SS out of one or two, and maybe a corner out of another, and running the 4-2-5 next year. It'll give me a chance to play more upperclassmen, suffer fewer position changes, and make the most of next year's personnel.

So what are the downsides? I know how I attack it, and I don't need anyone to give away any secrets, but how does it do against the CPU? Any issues?