The 40 acres - 2014 Texas Longhorn Outlook

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by vBIG SLICKv, Dec 15, 2010.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

The last 4 years under Coach Big Slick has been extremely successful for The Longhorns. The Longhorn record with Coach Slick as the head man is 53-3. The Horns have dominated the Big XII with a record of 36-0 winning the last 4 Big XII Titles. Texas has also played in 2 of the last 4 National Championships winning both of them.
    The future of the Longhorn program looks just as promising with recruits and new talent coming to the 40 acres every year.

SR-QB Connor Wood in his 2nd year as the starter will command an offense returning 10 of 11 starters from last year. The Longhorns offense looks to pass more then last year as they will start 3 receivers that have 99 catch with 2 of them being burners with 98 speed. The offense breaks down with 6 senior, 4 juinor, and 1 sophomore starters.

QB - Wood - 94 ovl / 99 thp / 94 tha - Should dominate the air.
    HB - Davis - 95 ovl / 91 spd / 95 brk tkl / 95 elsuiv - Will do the heavy lifting between the tackles
    WR - Davis - 99 ovl / 98 spd / 99 cat / 97 spec cat / 91 release
    - Newsome - 99 ovl / 98 spd / 99 cat / 96 rte run / 98 release
    - Terrel - 97 ovl / 99 accl / 99 cat / 90 cat in traf / 99 release
    TE - Bailey - Solid blocker and catcher
    OL - Returning 4 starters. Struggled some last year so hoping to do better with a years improvement

The Horn defense will finally come into a season with veteran guys. The defense is also returning 10 of 11 starters. The D will be a solid group this year with the leaders being JR CB Holloway and SR OLB Hicks. The horns will look to be more aggressive with the blitz this year as they finally have an experienced secondary to back them up. The defense breaks down with 8 senior and 3 juinor starters.

DT - Solid group all 93 ovl and higher that will clog up the middle against the run
    DE - Jeffcoat will lead the way with speed from the edges.
    OLB - Hicks - 91 ovl / 99 accl / 98 hit pwr
    OLB - Jackson - 87 ovl / 94 spd / 94 accl / 96 hit pwr
    MLB - Benson - 90 ovl / 95 spd / 97 hit pwr / 93 pursuit
    CB - Holloway - 95 ovl / 97 spd / 99 accl / 98 mcv / 98 zcv / 98 press( SHUT-DOWN CORNER)
    - Byndom - 87 ovl / 99 spd / 93 accl / 93 mcv / 90 zcv
    SS - Hill - 89 ovl / 89 spd / 95 accl / 89 mcv / 84 zcv
    FS - Heinz - 91 ovl / 87 spd / 92 accl / 89 mcv / 99 zcv

Anything less then playing for a National Championship with this group would be a disappointment. However, this will be as difficult a season as the Longhorns will have faced with a visit from USC in week 3 followed with 3 user conference games against Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'm glad I don't play Texas in the regular season this year.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah you are 5 WR's deep with mid 90's ovr ratings. Would be a huge mis match against my young secondary this year. Bringing the air rade to Austin this year huh, and if history repeats its self it it the Longhorns turn to win the title

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Damn your team is stacked...and I lost by less than 10 last year? I'll consider myself lucky to keep this year's matchup from being a blowout

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

We treat our players well here on the 40 acres in Austin.

[​IMG]