The 4th Annual OFFL West HOF Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The 4th Annual OFFL West HOF Nomination Thread

The time of the year is upon us again to vote in the best player/s of the OFFL West season. Depending on the amount of entrys anywhere from 1-3 guys can be inducted this year and join the other inductees. The more the merrier.

Here is the sample application that everyone should go off of when submitting players they would like to induct. All players are fair game including those who were nominated last season. I will be the decider of who gets on the final ballot. Voting for the HOF will take place after the national title game so you have until then to get your applications in. Here is the sample:

First Name: David
    Last Name: Lawrence
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: Texas Oregon
    Position: HB
    Number: 27
    Year Left Program: 2013
    Hand: Right
    Team Captain: N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed:95
    Break Tackle: 94
    Awareness: 81
    Agility: 91
    Acceleration: 94
    Catch: 81
    Elusiveness: 89
    Spin Move: 93
    Stamina: 89
    Juke Move: 90

Recruiting Information *optional

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time: 4.34
    Position: #1
    Overall: #7

Career Awards *optional

2010: RED SHIRT
    2011: All-American Freshmen Team
    2012: NONE
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Maxwell Award winner, Doak Walker Award winner, runner up in the Heisman

Team Stats/Records *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 11-3, 11-2, 13-1 (35-5)
    Conference Titles: 2 (2011, 2013)
    National Titles: 1
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

Coach Comments: Lawrence was a star from the moment he stepped on campus. After red shirting for a season, he was thrust into the starting position due to the departure of incumbent LaMichael James. Even though Lawrence was in a time share, he did amass an amazing 2,590 total yards (1,074 from scrimmage) and 15 TD's. In his Sophmore year, Lawrence put up similar numbers from the year before, but missed a handful of games due to injuries. In Lawrence's final season with the Duck he arguably put up one of the best seasons in College football history by a HB. 2535 yards, 32 rushing TD's 7.5 ypc, 30 rushes of over 20 yards good for 181.1 yards a game, all while leading his team to a national title. "[/B]

Be sure to include a photo of your player (take one in your next game for the person you want to nominate)

Post all applications here. Take your time as you have till the offseaon to get these in.Thanks guys (y)

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I checked out all my Seniors stats and unfortunately none of them have anything close to HOF numbers.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have same problem, I looked at my team and no one is hall worthy. If we get through 1 more season then I may have some candidates. Nixon/Richardson both have decent numbers but they'd each need a stellar season to make hall. James might be hall worthy in a few years but we will sadly never find out.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll have to look a couple guys when I get home later.

5. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I've got nothing. My players career numbers look like season numbers for others.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

First Name: Aaron
    Last Name: Rhoden
    Team: Ohio State
    Position: QB
    Number: 13
    Year Left Program: 2015

[​IMG]

Rhoden steps up in the pocket. He is as good as a pocket passer as he is a scrambler.

Final Ratings (as of 2014 Season)
    Overall: 94
    Speed: 81
    Break Tackle: 83
    Awareness: 73
    Agility: 81
    Throw Power: 92
    Throw Accuracy: 89
    Elusiveness: 79
    Trucking: 80
    Stamina: 81
    Injury: 87

Career Awards *optional

2012: All-American
    2013: All-American
    2014: All-American
    2015: We will have to wait and see

Passing Yards (to date): 9289
    QB Rating: 184.7
    Passing TDs: 101
    Average Yards per Game: 290.3
    Longest Pass: 91 yards
    Rushing Yards: 897
    Rushing TDs: 9
    Longest Rush: 37 yards
    Average Yards per Game: 28

Record of Team for years he was there: 2012: 12-1, 2013: 11-2, 2014: 11-2, 2015: ??
    Conference Titles: 0
    National Titles: 0
    Bowl Games/Wins: 3

Coach Comments: Rhoden took to the field as a True Freshman QB. From the instant this kid started passing the ball I knew I had hit gold. He has an arm that can launch the ball and the accuracy to hit the receiver right in the bread basket. He also has an uncanny ability to run and avoid defenders, I have never seen a QB run like him, sometimes he gets 20-30 yards when he takes off. During his freshman year he brought OSU to a 12-1 record, only losing to his hated rival PSU. Since then he has only allowed 4 lost games. He is 34-5 in his career at OSU. I talked to him into staying for his Senior year where he has all but guaranteed me a conference championship. The gleem in his eyes was incredible, he looked determine to finally topple the Nittany Lions, which have given him hell for 3 years. Aside from that this kid has thrown for over 300 yards a game nearly every week, and yet no awards on his shelves. Plus he has broken nearly every OSU QB record in the book. So I think this kid deserves a HOF award for all the work he has done and has got NO recognition for.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

First Name: John
    Last Name: James
    Team: Ohio State
    Position: WR
    Number: 86
    Year Left Program: 2014

[​IMG]

James hauls in a long pass from fellow HOF nominee Rhoden. He was especially good at jumping over mediocre CB's such as this one from Kent. But he did face challenges against the better defenders.

Final Ratings
    Overall: 97
    Speed: 99
    Break Tackle: 85
    Awareness: 79
    Agility: 86
    Catching: 82
    Route Running: 88
    Catch In Traffic: 88
    Release: 88
    Carrying: 85
    Juke: 89
    Spin: 85
    Stamina: 86
    Injury: 84

Career Awards *optional

2012: All-American

Receiving Yards (to date): 4006
    Avg Yards per Catch: 23.7
    Receiving TDs: 42
    Longest Reception: 84 yards
    Avg Yards per Game: 102.7
    Avg Yards after Catch: 7.3

Record of Team for years he was there: 2012: 12-1, 2013: 11-2, 2014: 11-2
    Conference Titles: 0
    National Titles: 0

Coach Comments: Once again trying to get my star player a HOF award. I think this guy has MORE than proved he can catch. He was shaky at first but still gained over 1000 yards his freshman year. Each year he got faster and faster and this past season he was a blur down the field. This kid also had that mobility to shake off defenders and to blow right over them. I am sad to see him go but he should fit right in with the NFL. Good luck John and I hope you get a few votes your way.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

First Name: Kelvin
    Last Name: Harris
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: USC Trojan
    Position: CB
    Number: 30
    Year Left Program: 2015
    Team Captain: Yes

[​IMG]

Final Ratings: (as of 2014)
    Overall: 95
    Speed:94
    Man Coverage: 91
    Zone Coverage: 97
    Acceleration: 90
    Press: 87
    Stamina: 87

Career Awards

2011: RED SHIRT
    2012: All-American Freshman Team

Record of Team for years he was there: 12-1, 13-0, 13-0
    Conference Titles: 3
    National Titles: 2

Career Stats:
    113 Tackles, 7 TFL, 12 INTs, 25 Deflections, FF, 2 TDs

Coach Comments: Kelvin Harris has been the definition of a shutdown corner since he first stepped foot on the USC campus. Coming in to his senior season he leads the NCAA in career INTs with 12 INTS. He also had 25 deflections, this guys was always making plays even though he did not have the best of hands. He was also a threat to take it back with 2 TDs in his young career. A solid tackler with over 100 on 3 season. He annually shutdown the best WRs the Pac-10 and the rest of the nation had to offer every season. He is coming back for his senior year to further solidify his legacy as one of the best USC corners of the decade.