The 5th Quarter...Post Game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Jul 17, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

THIS IS WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL, SPORTS IN GENERAL AND LIFE!....KEEP IN MIND THE FORUM RULES AND IT IS A PUBLIC FORUM!

2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    So, I've just signed into AIM for the first time in years. I'm trying to get everyone added to my account and figured it'd be a good idea to put them all in one place since we're just getting started and need to go post searching for them. So far I've got:

LeatherHelmets: macrotario
    Fred: Fred Limbaugh(I had to find him through his email though)
    calirage: calilivin7
    fatleg: fatleg1702
    poppin_fresh: kwame dunbar(or is it kwamedunbar?)
    HAL: HAL9100

3. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

My AIM is abutler921, but I have had problems finding people.

Also, this is way off topic, but I can't hold it in any longer. I was perusing the recruiting boards for this upcoming season and came across this gem: a 6'1, 360 pound DT named George George. I think I just found my #1 recruit!

4. partypuck

partypuck Walk On

MY AIM is unc23j but my gmail is "justinmpuckett"

5. partypuck

partypuck Walk On

are we still planning on advancing Friday?

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

We advance when we 12 coaches, pre season content is done, pre season on OD is done....unlikely in that we have 2 openings....so Friday is not realistic...
    Sunday could be

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

AIM Blast group: search flimbaugh@hotmail.com and add me i will then add you to the Blast group.... I am not sure about the problems with aim and finding people but i know you can find me if you use my email addy.....there is some mix up between user name and login name and my login is my email addy.

8. Fatleg3

Fatleg3 Walk On

I have a gmail account. Do i need to post my account username??

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Send me an email to ravensmac@gmail.com....that way I have you in my contacts

10. SloppySucka248

SloppySucka248 Walk On

my aim and gmail acct is sloppysucka248

11. partypuck

partypuck Walk On

saw penn state's key player is D'anton Lynn - saw him play in high school (small 3a but a football power in texas) a lot versus my school. crazy he's done so well up there.

12. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

John Crow: redelephant86

13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The HOFL that is hosted on TSO is actually one of 4 leagues I run....the other three on fantasy football leagues that are NFL based...

Got some openings for the coming season....go here for info...http://hofl.posterous.com/pages/joining-the-hofl

14. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

So, how does everyone think the season is going to play out for real?

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

For real as in given all the EA issues?

16. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Well, I meant for real as in the non-video game season. I admit I am biased, but I think Bama is the best team from top to bottom this year. However, I am hesitant to put them in the championship game because a schedule that features away games at Penn St., Florida and Auburn with a first-year qb, along with games against LSU, Arkansas, and Miss St. Is going to be tough. I see them with one loss when all is said and done. Oklahoma I think runs the table. It will all depend on who they meet in the championship game, though.

And if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

17. calirage

calirage Walk On

Man, I have been a Raider fan since I was about 3 years old. I have never seen the kind of hysteria from losing two FA's ever within my fan base. Losing Nnamdi was rough, but he commanded a huge salary. Losing TE Zach Miller has Raider fans going crazy, I never thought he was that great. He is solid, good football player. But def not worth the kind of money Seattle gave him. Anyone wanna pile on the Raiders im in the mood for some NFL discussion.

18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Right forum.....now I get your comments.....got to like the SEC, given its overall strength, competiveness.....PAC12 will be a new look, with the 2 divisions, could weaken....especially with Oregon/Stanford in the north...but it always goes in cycles....

19. calirage

calirage Walk On

yeah Pac -12 will be interesting this year. A lot of people are already crowning Oklahoma the National Champs. IDK there are some talented teams out there, im interested to see if Oklahoma State can live up to their talent. Blackmon is a beast. Another team I would like to see step back into the National Spotlight is Miami. They were very disappointing last year. I expected things out of Jacory Harris.

20. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

As a Titans fan, I am in no position to pile on the Raiders. And I agree that Miller wasn't all that great. I had him on my fantasy team a couple times and he was a beast for me, but I always thought he was more a beneficiary of the offensive scheme - or there only viable receiving option - than an outstanding player.

And I am not crowning Oklahoma champions, but I think they will get to the championship game. The Florida State game is huge early on, but after that the Big 12 doesn't amount to much, especially with Texas being down. The only schools in the Big 12 with a chance of beating them in my opinion are A&M and OK State, but they get A&M at home and I never place too much stock in OK St. for some reason.
    With that being said, they lost to Tulsa in our online dynasty, which just goes to show anything can happen.

21. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I am a true die hard Auburn Fan but I am very realistic......I think Bama has all the tools to run the table and win it all. If they will start Phillip Sims at QB. If LSU can get to hitting on all cylinders they could win it.... Florida is going to be really good watch and see. Oklahoma, and Texas will be good as well i look for Texas to rebound after last years fall apart. Mack Brown is a great coach.

My hope and Prediction is Bama wins it all: 13-1 with a loss to LSU or Auburn YES!

3 National Championships in a row for the state of Alabama.....one more thing 2012 will be the year for Auburn so it could be 4 in a row.

22. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I pay much closer attention to UCF and CUSA than I do anyone else. They're not going to compete for a national championship, but watch out for UCF. There's finally good depth at every position and they return most of the important players from last year's top 25 season. And since they have a favorable schedule this year, it's actually possible for UCF to go undefeated and a top 10-15 finish is definitely attainable. I'm predicting that we drop at least one somewhere and go 11-1 or 10-2 but the potential is there.

For the rest of CUSA, it's improving every year. Nearly every team is better than they were 5-6 years ago. I don't see Tulsa beating Oklahoma like they did in our OD(especially since they're breaking in a new HC that game) but they should have one of the top offenses in the nation and be a top team in CUSA. Case Keenum is back at Houston and they could be dangerous if they manage to find a defense. SMU lucked into the CUSA title game last year since they upset Tulsa but they've been steadily improving under June Jones and should be above average this year. ECU did surprisingly well last year but I expect them to do poorly this year. Their defense was already horrendous and now they're making the switch to the 3-4 when the don't have the DL or LB talent for it. Their offense will be potent again but less-so than last year, imo. Some have pegged this year as being USM's to lose since they're full of senior players, but like last year, I think they'll lose some they shouldn't thanks to the inept coaching of Larry Fedora.

For the conference championship, Houston has an advantage over the other CUSA west contenders because they don't play UCF. UCF hasn't lost to a CUSA west school since 2008 and has only lost to them twice in the last 4 years - so 10-2 since 2007. Also, UCF hasn't lost at home to a CUSA west school since 2006. Tulsa plays at UCF this year so it doesn't bode well for them. So anyway, Houston @ UCF should be most likely even though I think Tulsa is the best CUSA west school.

23. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

UCF actually won the championship i think either 3 or 4 years down the line in an offline dynasty I am doing. I remember Smith from a couple years ago being a beast, but I didn't realize they were this good.

24. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Played UCF in the MAC last year...good team to have

25. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Well, just back in 2004, UCF went 0-11 in their last season in the MAC. That was George O'Leary's first year at UCF but that was also the year where we finally started to commit to our athletics program. Back then, we were playing in the Citrus Bowl, which is pretty much in the ghetto of Orlando, so we had horrible attendance. Now, UCF has grown to the 2nd largest university in the nation(not that we were small back in 04, and only behind Arizona State) and has some very good facilities even compared to AQ schools. Here's a picture of our Athletic Village and the Academic campus to the top right:

[​IMG]

And here's one in front of the basketball arena since you can't see it very well in that photo:

[​IMG]

We've just been constantly improving every year at all sports and now we're at the point where we're getting the talent each year that should make us consistently be the top team in CUSA and possibly a BCS buster in the future. We out recruit many AQ schools including our in-state rival USF. Imo, and I am biased, it's only a matter of time before UCF is getting national recognition each year.