the 70-point scoring cap fiasco... my solution

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

the 70-point scoring cap fiasco... my solution

I don't know why we're either 1) Fixated on this or 2) Ignoring it.

Every time somebody scores over 70 points I wait for Fosh to tell me whether he wants me to throw it or not, the answer's typically been no. We don't WANT to throw people's games. This league should be about the fun, not about the rules. Ramirez scored 71-78 points with REGULARITY one year before finally scoring 82 and it got thrown.

But then you throw a guys' game and now he can't seem to stop obsessing about it, meanwhile other people are scoring over 70 points and not getting their games thrown and he wonders why.

Here's my idea since we can't seem to shake this problem or stop fixating on it as the case may be.

Ramirez and everybody else.... , how about this... In week 3 or 4 (depending on if you've played yet) score just as many points as you please. Score 120 points if that's what you want to do.

Then starting in week 5... If it's over 70 I'm throwing it without asking any questions whatsoever. I don't care if it's my best friend in the league or Mr. Manic himself (ramirez are you having any fun with this at all, you just seem angry?).

This will allow Fosh to stop getting messages from me, and we'll finally know that yes, it is a rule, etc.

Also if I have to throw it and everybody else is done... I'll just sim it. If I throw it, and everybody else is NOT done... But then they get done and that person isn't done yet. Sim. I just wanna give fair warning, because once week 5 comes along, I won't even message you telling you your game has been thrown out. If it's over 70 it's out and you better come back and check.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if it's over 70, throw it out... if twinkle toes gets upset, he can talk to me about it.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Glad to have your blessing on this one :thumbsup:

At this point this rule or lack thereof is taking a little bit of the fun away for me and probably a few others so glad we can move on.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

play with chew clock on vs cpu.....much harder to score too many. Punt the ball 1 possession each half.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so i guess this year's heisman winner will have an *

120 pts = 10 td day for atleast 1 player in week 3

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah MO and GA Tech is going to be pissed when BB scores 12 TDs this week!!!

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ramirez getting a bit cheesy since the GT game I see...that's what playing those random games online will do to you.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I went over this week by 2. Actually didn't think I'd get in and took a knee instead of an extra point. It was my first time ever going over 70--but I wouldn't have been upset if the result was thrown out. I think we should keep the rule as is. I will say its kinda funny hearing people who have broken the rule 10+ times screaming foul. "You know who you are"

9. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

For the record Helli there were Mulitple users who scored over 70+ that season. Please refrain from singling me out.

There have only been 2 games that have been thrown out. Foshie threw his own game out and you guys elected to throw my game out and pointed to the 70 point threshold.

Since the tossing of my game occurred, I have abided by the rules and have seen multiple users since then sore 70+ only to have their games stand. Why?

If you have rules in a league why should they only be applicable to one user?

I was admonished for going to 1 receiver to much... I stopped. I have seen recently some of the stupid numbers being put up by receivers and say nothing. I think it was last year a receiver had like 17 catches for 300 yards. If I would have done that Mr. Setzer would have been calling me at 8:30 a.m. the next morning.

I was admonished for collecting to many sacks with my end and have seen other's sacks "skyrocket" from the defensive end position!

Helli if you knew me personally I am the least angry person you will ever meet.

Furthermore the only difference between me and others is that when I bitch I do it publically......I believe in transparency.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's uncalled for... what are you referring too? Stop the cryptic BS.

this picking on Ramirez crap is out of hand.. Mike hasn't scored more than 70 since his game got thrown out, yet people have gone over that threshold 10+ times and not had their game thrown out since then.

Let's all be men and take responsibility for ourselves and stop the witch hunt too.

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Since you've been in the league I have not scored over 70+ points. Are you a Republican? It seems like you just blurt out anything if it is convenient for you.

It was also very chivalrous of you to elect not to kick the extra point. Kudos!

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

It doesnt bother me when someone goes over the score by a few points, its the 75-77-82 pointers that are pretty lame. The most I have ever put up is 72 and regretted it afterwards thinking it should get thrown out...and how much it would suck to play it over.

We all know there are games you could score 100 if you want to.

Put in your subs, slow down on your play calling and mix up what you do. Everyone does that to some extent but some play guys and rack up huge freakin numbers.

Get some young players PT and the CPU will score on you and the game will get more competitive on both sides of the ball. When my scrubs come in the CPU has gone wild on me in the past...

Its actually kinda cool to see what your other players do when they get a chance, and thats how I stumbled onto Tyler Adams....he was better then players whos overall ratings where way better then his.

Play some back ups in blow outs, thats more sim then pounding your #1 WR or RB over and over again.

I understand Mike being pizzed, his game got tossed and others have done it without the same result. Lets agree on a # and stick to it, if you go over you get tossed out and have to play again.

70? 75? Whatever pick one and stick to it.

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I just don't like that we only hear from you is when you're trying to complain or call someone out--yet you're some victim of a Ramirez conspiracy/witchunt. That doesn't seem accurate at all. Everyone here seems to be pretty laid back/cool or whatever--yet you can't even muster the nuts to say "gg" after you play. I don't get why you feel like the whole world is against you.

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

It seems if your up by more than 35 points you start to get the running it up warnings....

I think that is a big reason why I think it is hard to get so 70 unless you score 40 points in the 1st half. I also keep thinking that recruits will be turned off by negative sportsmanship results.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I honestly don't see how this can be a problem....if you have 60+ points....just punt punt punt.....

I have scored 69 many times.....never going to 70....its very easy to control.

16. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

LOL...If you only knew......

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Mike it would be nice to hear from you on the board more....the only time you post something is when your upset about an issue for the most part. Therefore you have taken on a rep of being the bad guy b/c 80% of your posts are negative.

IMHO.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami has never gone over 70 pts since the start of this dynasty
    because we're not good enough to score that many :(

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

Glad Helli made the 70 point post...It needs to be a number that is set in stone to make it easier on commissioner or whoever is hosting the file. He sees 70+ points and boom its out. No sob story about your guy falling in the endzone, or I did not think he would get in, or I picked it off and was player locked and he scored on his own.

70+ points and its out...It's that simple. Score 70 a game and its like bowling a perfect 300!!!

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

so 70 Points is ok??? Damn....I have been jipping myself!!!

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The only other rule that could be made is that you cant score 50 points more than your opponent........but nah fuck that....just thinking outloud.

70 in!
    71 out!

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Mike feels like when he posts, nothing good is going to come of it. He's under the impression that there is a group of guys here that don't like him, talk shit about him and generally wish he wasn't in the league. So he only posts when he feels the need to stick up for himself or when he's being singled out. Thus the seemingly 100% negative posts.

Ramirez is an extremely competetive guy, i know that... and sometimes he makes poor decisions (we've all been there), but his intentions are always good. TF would not be were it is today without him, that is for sure. I wish we could push the reset button and start over. He's a great guy when you get to know him..

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is some funny stuff right here. Why dont we talk about that CB Clemson signed instead.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this....

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I'll tell you a story about Mike..

I had a roomate in Arizona living with me in a house i rented. He started dating a chic with a kid and i started waking up to playpen's and diapers at my house. We got into it a bit about his girl staying over with her kid and things kinda went south.

Shortly after i decided to move back to Texas when the lease was up on the house and my mom flew out to help me pack. (my dad had some back problems and could only help a bit, he flew out later to help drive the truck to Texas)

Well, my old roomate had a bunch of stuff still in the house, would not help me clean it up or really do anything to try and get my deposit back ($1200). There was alot of stuff to move out, take to the dump, and load on the truck and i only had my mom to help me.

Mike showed up and helped me for 2 days. He did all kinds of shit that only good friends would do. He was sweet to my mom (bless her soul) and she loved him. (Mike she always said that you were probably the best friend i have, even though she only met you that one time)

Mike is just that kind of guy, when you need something, you can bet your ass he will be there for you.... but the rest of the time he will be busting your balls.