The Abbey - Rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 16, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Believe it or not, all this commissioning coupled with running a church (an awesome one btw!) and family of 5 leaves little time for things like checking freakin other sites to see when great rosters for the Abbey are available.

Coupled with the jokes about everything that was just said that will follow this post, I'm leaving it up to you roster gurus to tell me when we have a set that is darn-near perfect and impressive (from OS, here, don't care) so we can jump on The Abbey. I heard a rumor that OpSports has their community ones looking pretty good. Some of you take a look and let me know.

But I know starting the Abbey will help us keep busy and excited about both leagues, especially while waiting for advance dates/times.

Peace!
    Heath

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Buckeye02 said Sunday, but dont be surprised if its pushed back a day or two. I say his are usually good. I think we could all (or us roster guys) DL them and take a look over and then send you any legitimate corrections and possibly any outragous ratings (Devon Smith WR at PSU has been clocked at 4.19, 4.2s and was going for the NATIONAL RECORD in the 55 meter dash in HS, yet EA has his speed at 85). If we dont want to bother editing any of the ratings that is cool, I think Buckeye02 will take care of all of that.

I also believe the community rosters are for Xbox but I could be mistaken.

3. vatechhokie01

i am thinking i am going to take the rosters and give one... ONE homer rating allowance, but even then it is going to be mullen and my discretion to what the adjustment is according to your proposal. i will admit there are some doozy ratings. But we will NOT be changing ratings outside of the one allowance based on a proposal and information. No way.

4. vatechhokie01

those gatorbait/buckeye rosters look like they are gonna be pretty darn legit. get ready boys. Abbey starting soon. can't wait to play with the Hokies!

5. TJM

TJM Walk On

Lets go Chokies! Lets go Chokies! Lets go Chokies!

6. vatechhokie01

thank you for that.

as a side exhortation... you all better be getting pumped about The Abbey as well. We will be taking this league very seriously, just without the content requirements. As much as I am loving the carousel league, it remains a mystery (and there have been noted issues) how it will work out in the long-run, in which case a solid Abbey would be an unbelievable backup plan. So no slacking! Unless you are a mormon... cuz why play hard? You're team is terrible anyways.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

any idea on a start date? mormon and I got pushed back to tomorrow night, would love to set up my board say...tonight?

8. vatechhokie01

you guys are lame. and no... not tonight.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

mormon had something come up

10. vatechhokie01

then he's lame.. and scared.

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

update your signature loser^

12. TJM

TJM Walk On

Buckeye02 said his rosters will be done at least by 6am.

13. TJM

TJM Walk On

I also heard he did some homerism to the Buckeyes roster too, including rating true freshmen QB braxton miller upper 80s. I guess they need somone to replace cryor

14. vatechhokie01

hilarious and not surprising. rest assured i will be returning all the OSU roster back to their defaults. goose will love that. but hey, if dude does the entire rosters for free... let him have his fun i suppose!

15. TJM

TJM Walk On

Wow, now buckeye02 on Twitter is saying its questionable theyll be done tonight. I think we should still wait for them since we waited this long and him and Luv put in the most effort to make things right instead of just adding names like all the other roster creators do. I hate seeing my players with equipment that JoePa does not even allow his players to use and quarterbacks with RB facemakes, etc...Also the rosters on default are pretty butched, and found out Buckeye02 uses Phil Steeles mag (best CFB preview mag ever), but people also send him adjustments everyday to their team for him to make. I think right now he is just going through all the rosters (that are supposedly named) and fixing things.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

If buckeye02's homerizim is a prob, we can wait until Luv's come out. I know we used Luv's last season and they were great. Buckeye does amp up most if not all of the Buckeyes players for some reason. I can switch to Nebraska if needed to keep you from doing unnecessary changes.

17. TJM

TJM Walk On

I think Nebraska would be more fun to play with, unless your a Buckeye fan. We could get the PSU-Nebraska rivalry started up instead of that god awful "rivalry" for the ugliest trophy in CFB the Land Grant Trophy, that Big Ten forced on us.

18. vatechhokie01

Buckeyes r usually good. I woo just change OAU back to defaults, not a big deal

19. Goose

Goose Walk On

I am a life long Buckeye fan, but last year in another league the commish was a Buckeye fan so I used Nebraska, and I think Martinez would be fun as hell to play with if I could do the spread, but so will Miller. I've always been one to do whats best for the league so I'm cool with whatever.

20. vatechhokie01

so selfless and loving....thats our goose

21. vatechhokie01

btw goose... quit your yapping and play your game

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

Kinda hard to do when I'm busy actually working and not swindling money from nice people. ;)

I'll get it in as soon as I get home from work. 6:30 est. btw isn't like 4 in the morning on the islands?

23. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I'm at work until 10pm EST so I want be able to get mine in until then. It's an FCS team, so I wouldn't cry if you simmed it, but I'd like to have confidence boosting win in real time!

24. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

WOW! That is one ugly trophy!

25. vatechhokie01

darn right! my message every week is give me 10 dollars and I'll miraculously turn it into millions!

• Like Like x 2