The Acceleration rating....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Acceleration rating....

I am starting to question the importance of this rating.......I used to really think it is important but when I see guys on the field that have high speed 95-97 and 85-90 acceleration......they are still flying around the field like crazy.

I guess the most important positions are CB and WR with the rating......HB and other positions I dont think it is that much of a factor.

I dont know maybe I am not studying it enough. I wonder what the difference in a 99 speed player with 99 acc and a 99 speed player with 90 acc.

I would love the race them down the field and see the difference at the end.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

to me, acc is most important with HBs. it's the ability to turn the corner and get the quick burst after receiving the handoff. but then again, like you said, 98-99 spd, it almost doesn't make a difference.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have a HB with 97 speed with 89 acc.......I have him buried in the depth chart. I will need to try him out. Crews with 94 speed and 95 acc....I think seems a bit slow but he has moves on moves.

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I tend to agree with you

I recruited a HB that had B+ speed, but A+ ACC....my thinking was he'd reach his top speed faster than anyone else and would have that burst through the hole

Dude wound up with 88 spd, 99 acc, but ran slower than my full back I wound up cutting him....

Speed>acc

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I agree with you Rhude....Ive got guys on the depth chart that are 95 and 94 speed with 99acc and they dont compare to my 99 speed guy. I have noticed difrences with guys and their agility though.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I have a HB with A- spd and A+ ACC and there is a difference betwen him and my 96 speed HB. He hits the hole a lot quicker and is faster our of his cuts.

I would say that there is a noticable difference between the ACC ratings, but speed is what gets you the yards...